Official Jordan XI Thread

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
as if Jordan brand haven't done any atrocities to the Concords already.

They definitely f'd up those Concord XI that came out in December 2011. I'm going to reiterate that I'm so glad I passed on that crap back then because they looked like some bootleg swap meet quality shoes.

I'm having some internal conflict right now whether to purchase a DS Jubilee or just save for something else. I have a few pairs of the XIs in my collection which I rarely use. I'm on the fence whether to just pass on them considering I already have XIs or just go for something different.

I would recommend you to pass on them since you acknowledged you have a good amount of XI in your possession that you rarely wear. If already you have re-releases of the original colorways along with some of the alternate colorways that came out after the 1995-96 season, then I think you're already in the game.

And I was never a fan of the Jubilee XI, so I'm glad I passed on them. They always looked like a bootleg Space Jam XI to me. They lacked originality because they were just a black-based shoe with hints of metallic silver on them. I have the Space Jam XI from 2016, so I definitely had no need for the Jubilee XI that came out 4 years later.

I definitely like the 45 better, but man…I am buying every Concord release they throw at us. As for new 11 colorways, pass.

The 2018 version with the 45 are actually the first pair of Concord XI I ever owned in my life!

I can see it both ways regarding peoples' preferences with either the 23 or 45 on the back.

The 45 is a nice twist because the Concord XI have always been tied to 23 on the back since they were initially released in fall 1995. I can see why most people prefer the 23 because it was always on the back with all the versions that came out before 2018. And the Concord XI was way more visible with the 23 because Michael Jordan wore them for the entire 1995-96 season during that historical championship season.

Now some others and myself like the 45 because it's divergent from the common 23 on the Concord XI. The 45 is cool from a purist standpoint because it was initially on the Concord XI when Jordan wore them to match with the 45 on his uniform during that playoff run in spring 1995. It literally took 23 years for that 45 version to release to the public because the Concord XI had the 23 by the time they were released for retail in fall 1995 since Jordan went back to 23 by then. I also liked the fact that 2018 version motivated me to get a #45 throwback jersey to correlate with them.

You basically can't go wrong either way with the 23 or 45 on the back of the Concord XI.

Now some others and myself like the 45 because it's divergent from the common 23 on the Concord XI. The 45 is cool from a purist standpoint because it was initially on the Concord XI when Jordan wore them to match with the 45 on his uniform during that playoff run in spring 1995. It literally took 23 years for that 45 version to release to the public because the Concord XI had the 23 by the time they were released for retail in fall 1995 since Jordan went back to 23 by then. I also liked the fact that 2018 version motivated me to get a #45 throwback jersey to correlate with them.

You basically can't go wrong either way with the 23 or 45 on the back of the Concord XI.
for me, I never liked the 45 considering it was the shoe he wore when they lost against the Magic in the 95 playoffs. I always have some stigma when it comes to any shoe that is attributed to a losing player. like Westbrook for example. although right now, I might consider the 45 considering I love Donovan Mitchell. too bad his shoe doesn't have some premium treatment done to it.

Todays anniversaries
XIII Starfish (1 Year)
1642343245425-jpeg.2916423

XXXIV Metallic Silver (2 Years)
1642343814047.jpeg

I Mid Bred Multi Color (3 Years)
1642343686092.jpeg

I High Nouveau BHM (6 Years)
1642343906560.jpeg

I Mid White Cool Grey (9 Years)
1642343452890-jpeg.2916427

XI Columbia (Retro) (21 Years)
1642343742912.jpeg

Last edited:
for me, I never liked the 45 considering it was the shoe he wore when they lost against the Magic in the 95 playoffs. I always have some stigma when it comes to any shoe that is attributed to a losing player. like Westbrook for example. although right now, I might consider the 45 considering I love Donovan Mitchell. too bad his shoe doesn't have some premium treatment done to it.

That all makes sense regarding the brief period when Jordan wore 45 in his storied career. But he didn't regain the apex of his skill yet since he returned shortly before the 1995 NBA Playoffs. Although he came out a loser when he wore 45, I still thought it was unique since he diverged from his traditional 23. And we got to see the awesome XI models of the Concord & Space Jam during those playoffs. I really liked the Space Jam.

Although the 45 can be attributed to a down period in his storied career, it ironically gave me attire options in current times with the 2018 Concord XI and red Bulls jersey. I admit I got the visual blueprint to emulate what he wore from the 1995 NBA Playoffs.

It seems like JB is releasing approximately six OGs per year and six retro + colorways as well. Prediction 2023 (not my first choices)
OG
Playoff XIII
Fire Red Black Tongue V
Columbia XI
Metallic Burgundy 1 ‘85
Cardinal VII

Retro +
Black/Chrome II
Chartreuse XIV
Neutral Grey XIII
Cherry low XI
French Blue IX

Off-White: Military Blue IV, White Infrared VI. They will release the Bred IV this year.

DMP XI will come in 2024.

Not mad at em…I personally don’t need em/care for them, but these are clean

I didn't like the mid-top version that came out in 2015, so I definitely wouldn't be interested in a low-top version coming out this year.

Meh. Wonder what size those are. The patent cut looks really low again, unlike what the other recent lows have been like. Either way, I'm out on these. I've got my pile of IEs to rock when I want a black/red XI low :lol:
But they aren't bad. I personally never cared much for the sparkly "patent."

Although I've reiterated I despise the low patent leather cut on the mid-top XI multiple times on this site, I've gotten used that dreaded cut on the low-top versions for some reason. I guess that type of cut is feasible on a low-top version due to the overall shape of the shoes.

I was out on them in 2015, so I'll be out on this year's low-top version.

The glittery patent leather on the 72-10 made them look like some bootleg swap meet shoes. I prefer the patent leather on the XI to have the traditional shiny finish that we've gotten used to seeing since Michael Jordan initially wore the Concord XI & Space Jam XI during the 1995 NBA Playoffs.

I also felt the 72-10 looked like another bootleg Space Jam XI with the traditional mesh upper being tumbled leather, the patent leather being glittery instead of the usual shiny finish, the outsole having a milky color instead of clear, and the Jumpman logo being red. I could even see the 72-10 looking like a bootleg Black/Red XI with the materials diverging from the original form and the outsole having a milky color instead of red.

Last edited:
Even the players got that dreaded crappy low cut patent leather on their XI models to play in games during the last decade. It's hard to fathom that Jordan Brand actually had their clients wear some bootleg swap meet looking XI in NBA games. 🙄

^^^I never knew Chris Paul wore some custom XI with Hornets colors when he played for them. Did he actually wear those in a game? Or were they just made for him since he's a Jordan Brand client?

air-jordan-bred-11-low-michael-jordan-1996-pe-3.png Both above are equally undesirable. But these here would move the needle. But that would just make way to much sense.

air-jordan-bred-11-low-michael-jordan-1996-pe-3.png Both above are equally undesirable. But these here would move the needle. But that would just make way to much sense.
:lol: Dude, totally.
The black/red lows from 2015 were GARBAGE. The shape was so bad, didn’t even look like an XI. Sold mine. Sold Concord lows for same reason. We need them again with the good shape.

Back
Top Bottom