Official Jordan XI Thread

I decided to create a thread solely for the Jordan XI since I noticed there wasn't one that existed. And someone else verified that to me too.

Since there are a few threads solely for a specific model, why not have a general thread for the XI as well because damn near all Jordan Brand enthusiasts have an affinity for this signature model? The XI deserves its own thread based on popularity.

I encourage everyone on this site to post your photos, information, release dates, news, links, acquisitions, and anything else about the Jordan XI, especially all the cool a%$ peeps who regularly view and post on the Jordan Brand forum. Please contribute to this one too. And feel free to rehash a post in this thread too as long as it relates to the XI.

So these were the first and only pair of original Jordan XI that I got back in April 1996. I can't believe I still have them going on 25 years now. The only flaw with them is that the red soles have faded, but that's natural due to aging unfortunately. They seem to be in decent shape otherwise.
IMG_5068.JPG
IMG_5071.JPG
IMG_5072.JPG
IMG_5077.JPG
IMG_5081.JPG
IMG_5083.JPG
IMG_5084.JPG
IMG_5085.JPG
IMG_5086.JPG

One thing I've never seen anyone mention online:

I bought two pairs of the Concord 11s from Footlocker back in 2000. Both pairs had two small lines indented into the patent leather, close to the toe box. Obviously a flaw from the factory but I've never seen this defect discussed or other pairs with it.

One thing I've never seen anyone mention online:

I bought two pairs of the Concord 11s from Footlocker back in 2000. Both pairs had two small lines indented into the patent leather, close to the toe box. Obviously a flaw from the factory but I've never seen this defect discussed or other pairs with it.

Thanks for elaborating that. I wouldn't know about that 2000 version because I never got any of the Concord XI re-releases in my life. I never even got the original Concord XI that came out in fall 1995! It actually took me years to embrace them. But I'm glad I got the December 2018 version with the #45 on the back at least.

Hopefully more peeps will notice that flaw on the 2000 version and chime in on it on here.

The Concord XI low is definitely the best one out of the bunch for me. I'm surprised they omitted the Georgetown XI low from 2015 because those were nice too. And these are the only two XI low I have.

The Concord XI low is definitely the best one out of the bunch for me. I'm surprised they omitted the Georgetown XI low from 2015 because those were nice too. And these are the only two XI low I have.

Do you have the pic of Steve Austin wearing the Navy Gum XI low? He wore during his podcast, I can’t find it. Maybe S ShaolinShadowMonk36$ has it? Would anyone be offended if we included IEs in the thread?

Do you have the pic of Steve Austin wearing the Navy Gum XI low? He wore during his podcast, I can’t find it. Maybe S ShaolinShadowMonk36$ has it? Would anyone be offended if we included IEs in the thread?

I never expected Austin to wear a pair of Jordans because he normally wears nondescript running shoes. Now I recall seeing Jim Harbaugh wearing that navy gum XI low pair because Michigan has a Jordan Brand hookup, and they happen to match the school colors and those beige Dockers pants he always wears.

Feel free to post the XI IE low on here as well since it is an XI, and this is a broad thread for all things Jordan XI as titled. I admit I've always hated the XI IE low since 1996, but it would be hypocritical if they weren't included on here based on its topic.

can someone inform/advise me if 20 yr old XIs seemingly stored in box in plastic shoe box are wearable? 😃😤🤣

Besides the sole probably needing to be glued, I don’t recall seeing many XI midsoles crumbled beyond repair.

I never expected Austin to wear a pair of Jordans because he normally wears nondescript running shoes. Now I recall seeing Jim Harbaugh wearing that navy gum XI low pair because Michigan has a Jordan Brand hookup, and they happen to match the school colors and those beige Dockers pants he always wears.

Feel free to post the XI IE low on here as well since it is an XI, and this is a broad thread for all things Jordan XI as titled. I admit I've always hated the XI IE low since 1996, but it would be hypocritical if they weren't included on here based on its topic.
Thank you. If you don’t mind me asking why do you hate the IE and what would you change about it?

can someone inform/advise me if 20 yr old XIs seemingly stored in box in plastic shoe box are wearable? 😃😤🤣

Besides the sole probably needing to be glued, I don’t recall seeing many XI midsoles crumbled beyond repair.

Since the re-retro, I knew I had to get myself the original. Nostalgia feels & everything is better than the 2019(?) drop.
D1A9E535-AE78-4B65-87CE-B26E2300E87D.jpeg
DDC084F1-9E4D-4029-970F-BE5650AC1A02.jpeg

Gonna probably pay for a reglue & icing service. Only pervasive yellowing is on the left toe area a pictured. I saw a video where the dude put a boost insole (or maybe zoom) inside an XI. The white lining & lacing loop straps should be easy to whiten.

Yeah, if I can find someone to do all of that cuz I just don’t have the energy or want to. Anyone have trusted services in NYC?

Back
Top Bottom