ALL THINGS PHILLY___ & SURROUNDING AREAS (South Jersey/Delaware)

Anybody know if there's any retailers in Philly that'll have the Questlove Dunks besides Ubiq?

where can i go for sb dunks.. i want the general and limited releases? I want to get into collecting them. always been a fan.. ps lived in south philly my whole life i know this city inside and out i love it .. any general hotspot, food, party, etc questions about anything feel free to ask

^^^Start with Ubiq, both in the Gallery and on 16th and Walnut...Make your way over to Abakus Takeout...I THINK Nocturnal on South Street sells SB dunks too...that about wraps it up

Joanna Lohman (phildalphia independence) donated to The Anderson Monarchs, will you? Let's support Philly doc about kids playing soccer.

Here's what she says:

facebook
Joanna sent you a message.

Joanna LohmanApril 4, 2011 at 9:51pm
Re: RE: The Anderson Monarchs/ Eugene Martin RE me
Not a problem whatsoever to give a quote on why I donated.

"Anderson Monarchs is such a moving documentary and really demonstrates how a sport can have a profound impact. I wanted to donate because I truly believe in what the Monarchs are trying to accomplish both on and off the field"

Hows that? I am pretty sure I am going to mention AM on my weekly blog that should be out in the next few days. I will let you know.

Jo

Here's the link so you can donate too and read what other soccer players are saying including Danesha Adams. You can also click the supporters link and you will see that Joanna did indeed donate lol! Also know you can get cool incentives including signed t shirts, etc: http://kck.st/hYlvrp

I appreciate the private pms' in reference. Please feel free to comment here as well...or perhaps I should start a new thread?

Yo I been living in philly for almost 10 years now. I probably know most people in this thread by face from various camp-outs and Temple. Some of these tag names seem familiar (waddup VJ!), but like I said I probably know a lot of people in here by face.

I just had a realization and I'm hoping someone can help me out...

Is there anywhere in Philly that has a top-tier Nike SB Dunk account? I know Ubiq doesn't (they didn't get the Statue of Liberties nor the Cheech and Chongs)...I hit up Nocturnal (skate shop) only to find out that they don't have a nike account at all. I hit up Exit, but i was told that they don't sell SB Dunks. I hit up Abakus, but as you all know, they are a consignment shop.

Is there ANYWHERE in philly to get limited SB Dunks?!?!?! Has our beloved Philly fallen that far from sneaker grace?? Help me out NT!

I haven't been there in years, but maybe check Fairmans in West Chester. I got my Tiffany's from them. I have no idea if they still carry SBs. I couldn't find anything on their website.

I am going to be visiting Philly for the first time next month for a wedding. Going to be in Philly and Harrisburg. Also going to make it to NY. What are the spots that I got to hit up. Both sneaker spots and just sights in general. Trying to get the most out of my time there. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Are you looking for tourist spots or places to go out at at night in Philly?

Sneaker spots, Ubiq on 15th and Walnut. There's not much else in Philly other than the normal urban sneaker stores you find any most any city.

I'm going up there for my girlfriends brothers wedding for 2 weeks. The first weekend up the bride and bridesmaids are going to a weekend retreat. Trying to take advantage of being just with the boys and maybe go to a good bar or after hours spot. Side note is that in the 4 and a half years of being with my girl I have never met her brother so not trying to get into to much trouble. My girl will be 4 months prego in june so when she gets back that will limit the things we can do together. I want to check out some tourist spots and of course some fine dining. What are the local must eats? Her brother stays in philly but the wedding is in harrisburg. Just trying to get the best out of my Philly experience.

Ubiq is a good start. You also need to hit up Abakus. And there's a new consignemnt shop on Chestnut st between Broad st and 15th street (like 2 blocks away from Ubiq) called "Next Level". The guys that work there are straight $$@@! that think they know somethin about sneakers even though they dont (when i went, one of the guys was wearin a pair of anniversary XI's and I was wearin the last shots and he was like "u look like u need kicks"...I said "you too").

But anyway...dining...My fav restaurant in teh city is Fogo de Chao, which is a brazilian steakhouse. But it's a chain, so you might have had it before. A little pricey (50$ a person) but if u know about brazilian steakhouses, u know whats up. Oh and of course you wanna get a cheesesteak...AVOID Pats and Geno's at all costs. Hit up either Jim's on South St. or Tony Lukes in south Philly. Both bang bang.

Drinks...margaritas are my +*#! and the best margarita in teh city is at this place called "Dos Segundos" on 2nd street.

Other than that, maybe Mitchell & Ness?? You should take a stroll down South Street too. Hit me if you have any questions fam...I've been here for the last 10 years now, so I'm pretty knowledgeable. Plus let's be honest, it's difficult to get a response in this thread soooooooo.....

Feel free to PM me too.

Already. Thanks man I appreciate the info. I have never been to a fogo de chao. I know we have one here in Dallas. Definitely got to get on some cheese steak! I'm going to be on the lookout for them anniversary XI's. haha. Trying to decide what shoes to step out in Philly. Going to try and bring 5 pairs. I'm thinking og black/red XIII's, og black/ red XI's, og playoff XII's....and un-ds my og steel X's and 2000 space jams. Really looking forward to this trip.

Random, but just wondering what everyone thinks is the best pizza in Philly. Seems there aren't a ton of great spots but...

Paganos in the entrance to the Gallery is really good, especially the $5 lunch special (2 slices and a drink).
Soho on 2nd and Market (again, good lunch special)
NYPD on 11th and Chestnut
And of course Lorenzos for late night on South St (even though I think the pizza is good regardless)

There is a decent place close to me called Trios on 4th and Girard, but a large pizza is $13 and I can eat almost the whole thing in 1 sitting, so I don't think it's worth the money.

Any other suggestions?

Me...I'm from North NJ...I've lived in philly for almost 10 years at this point though, and I will say...I think ALL philly pizza sucks. Lorenzo's included.

Back
Top Bottom