ALL THINGS PHILLY___ & SURROUNDING AREAS (South Jersey/Delaware)

65425c1e4bcbdd9cf12999d883a5e8c672a1e61.jpg

Shops, Events, Whose in town, Sales, Meet ups, you name it..its all HERE!

haha newbies so mad if u live in philly.. y u here? y u feel the need to be so angry. i mean i dont like philly 100% either BUT i have to make due while imhere

hey som eppl had shoes in the store premier that was shut down unexpectantly..i finally was able to persuade one of the old employees to give me the shoes sohit me wit what u had cuz from what i was told, the sellers were notified to get their shoes and or were paid off

Philly is a good spot just let it stay on the low. I dont want it to be hyped like NYC. I got my mtv pumas 2 hours before the store opened.

Philly is a good spot just let it stay on the low.
Cosign. Come on VJ, you trying to let everyone in on our little secret? People are already starting to catch on and making it harder for some ofus. But I do agree a little bit, we do need to build Philadelphia's sneaker community.

You can say that again. Way too many hypebeasts in and around Philly. Walk through the gallery or down south street and all you see is fake everything. FromBape's to J's. It's pretty sad. We need to build the sneaker community up.

yo im up in south philly is the sneaker villa up on like market st or wateva legit?that pretty much the only sneaker spot i no about except for like 2 on southst so any info or places close to my way will help(by the way im 15 so i cant get around to far) THANKS

And to anybody hatin
nobody gonna love every thing about something theres always gonna be sum haters but u got to live wit wat u got so do sumin to get urself out of philly andstop complain it u hatin

is the sneaker villa up on like market st or wateva legit?that pretty much the only sneaker spot i no about
Yeah its legit, Sneaker Villa is one of the best places to buy kicks because you can ALWAYS talk them down. There is also a Sneaker Villa,Ubiq, and Kicks USA in the Gallery. There is also another Ubiq on Walnut Street. There are a few sneakers stores on Chestnut Street.

haha great to see the communication.. and what lil secret Si3xers55? i'll be at dunkxchange wit a table.. LOKK FOR THE JIGANTIC NIKE SWOOSH

Originally Posted by Si3xers55

is the sneaker villa up on like market st or wateva legit?that pretty much the only sneaker spot i no about
Yeah its legit, Sneaker Villa is one of the best places to buy kicks because you can ALWAYS talk them down. There is also a Sneaker Villa, Ubiq, and Kicks USA in the Gallery. There is also another Ubiq on Walnut Street. There are a few sneakers stores on Chestnut Street.
ite thanks good lookin

I'll probably make an appearance Saturday. Doubt I'll stay too long, but I want to see what the deal is.

sup.. neone attend dunkxchange? it was slow but productive in my opinion on a positive side.. we gotta start somewhere an i talk to some ppl who said theycouldnt make it.... case ur curios.. i had the table with the big nike swoosh

Which shops are better and for what reasons?

Ubiq isnt bad but now they think they are cool just because they sell supreme. If your going to sell supreme at least sell it for retail those dudes haveshirts for 44 when they are only 32 at Supreme NYC. They always check out your sneakers they treated me great because I had my Jedis but they gave my boyhorrible service because he was wearing some regular sneakers.
WTHN gets the best releases but they are!*+#$*#*!. I walked in and the dude was just grilling me the whole **$*#%% time. Even when I asked a questionthat!%%*#+* was giving me an attitude.
Pedestrian/ Deep Sleep/ Made to Order have got to be the best shops too bad they dont sell sneakers.

Does philly really have sneaker heads or simply hypebeast?

Does it really matter? When this whole trend started everyone wanted to see who was a "Sneakerhead". $%!$ that man just buy what you like. Im fromNYC and theres alot of hypebeasts in philly. But then again who cares?

daffy lol haha sike naw but u bring good points. iono its some heads but they are older. alot of younger hypebeast are around all wearin the same thing, allgettin the smae deals an alll tryna be equally exclusive. @ dunkxchange when they said 21 an up could get drinks know how many even showed id to get to thedrinks as suppose to those that new they shouldnt even try.... but somehow these kids cuz enough lawns to get espos, lol

the clothing stores are hot. an actually they do have sneaks on the low. i thing pedestrian veered away from it alot. but ubiq. i mean i even know a hea dortwo in there an i get@$$!@ for not ALWAYS coppin. i have a thing about keepin relationships so if i go in a store i try to buy something but when theresnothing an i dont really wanna spend 200 on a pair of sneaks i cant wear then thats not my fault... we can only build the culture an not shut it down.. im nota fan of whtn either but iono they never have nething for me. they killed it around opening with the 1 time only an after that.. ummmm. but thats me. i likeold stuff i couldnt et when i was younger

summits coming soon

Does philly really have sneaker heads or simply hypebeast?
There are a whole lot of hypebeasts in Philly...myself included, who doesn't feed into the hype every once in a while?

i have a thing about keepin relationships so if i go in a store i try to buy something but when theres nothing an i dont really wanna spend 200 on a pair of sneaks i cant wear then thats not my fault...
I agree with you on this one VJ, the only reason I didn't cop those Spi'zikes off of you is because you wanted close to 200 for them...IREALLY wanted those Easter Dunk, but you traded them
mad.gif
...I still might copthose Franks off of you though, I just gotta pay for a few presents and hopefully I'll still have the money left over.

I've never had a problem at WTHN. Always a good atmosphere. Sometimes it's a little weird being the only person in a small store like that, butwhatever.

Same thing at UBIQ. Never had a problem. Who cares if they stare you down. I'd much rather be left alone to just browse through then have an annoying salesperson constantly bothering me (ie: Premier).

To be honest, I don't buy many of these types of clothes anymore because I can't wear them with work. So unless something really stands out to me, Idon't bother with it much like I used to.

I went to Dunkxchange (I was in the Hunters). I got there around 4:30 and was out by about 4:45. It was pretty much what I expected. I thought there would besamples and upcoming shoes or other rare older shoes on display, so I was disappointed about that. Music was good, but I'm not going to just start uprandom conversations with people, so I didn't feel the need to hang around. I knew going there that I wasn't going to buy anything. I'm not sure ifI'd go back next time. I think they could get a lot more interest if prices were cheaper (vendor tables $100 and cover $10). I'm not sure what thismoney went towards, but I didn't feel it was worth it.

thanks to 4wrestling im glad i didnt go to dunkxchange i had some supreme clothes i wanted to get rid of

i havent visited afficial yet but when i go back to philly for next semester ill remember to check it out and no doubt ill be all over philly when the X/XIIIpackage comes out

i like philly though

it feels weird that in order to cop some sneakers in NYC you have to line up for 6+ hours and in philly you can easily walk in and cop the change feels good

i went to the gallery this weekend and got dirty looks to i was sure why but if other pple have the same thing happenen to them then wateva i dont really careanymore cause its happens alot even if you do buy something your gettin dirty looks but wateva....

im not really a hypebeast i buy what i like first and if i have some extra cash ill wait for a hyped pair or somethin and try and pick it up if not no big deal

the whole grilling you when you walk in thing, is just something that sneakerheads do, no matter where you go, philly, nyc, la...it doesn't matter whereyou are, i think its even worse in jersey and nyc. its just something sneaker heads do to each other because they usually assume the other dude is a hypebeast.i can't stand it because another dude is looking at me from head to toe, no%*%!!. people in ubiq, wthn and pedestrian are cool peoples, just wish thestores had better merchandise. sometimes i can't believe how they can afford to stay open.

In philly everything that has been said already is true. Yes you can kill a few hours just checkin spots and walking from start point of ubiq walnut and end atwthn after hitting up walnut chesnut south then olde city. i mean its good that we dont have REAL hypebeasts wearing their dookie chains and rediculous glasseswith womens kicks on to match their overhyped shirt with some purple jeans on, ya dig? i mean nyc is cool cause its got alot of spots all near each other allthe philly stores combined = the majority of the products we want in nyc. ONly difference is that nyc has some brands that have their flagship stores there ofcourse is something we do not have. Lets face it with the small number of unaccounted for TRUE heads there is just a no news is good news feel on every bigrelease, the talk is rather what spot to go to rather then who has the smallest line already. As soon as WTHN stablizes their tier-0 account we will really beable to have the same kicks as nyc without the tax the bs or the over retail. i was at the dunkxchange wearing the pink ballouts and i was very dissapointed inthe fact that i had 400+ with me to spend on some heat, only to find it had 80% less heat then VJ's TU Sneaker Expo so it was a letdown not to mentionhaving to stand outside freezing my balls off for 30min before they let us in. i did end up with 05 easters from the boys at made to order for a great price of150. but yeah philly is what it is and for now its good enough.

Awww man this forum is building and very interestinf.. an with the talk im starting to be able to put Screen names with faces.. LMAo my bad Si3xers55 hahahaahi was OD but i only feel the need to sell when i need money.. i think those spikes sold for 180...

Come on guys gotta give dunkxchange a change it was the first one in philly. no offense but i've been talkin on the iss discussion too. but see if you feelur GLAD you didnt go because of someone elses reaction then ur also not HELPING.. daffy your supreme clothes could have helped MAKE the dunkxchange but u wontknow becaus eu didnt go an plan not to go in the future im assuming.. if we all GO just to GO together then who knows what all we will bring..

Those that were there. i was stuck in the dark corner with the huge Nike Swoosh hahah. tho the turnout wasnt spectacular, i was glad i made some sells. lmao iwas sellin my stuff and my boys an i know he was mad cuz only my stuff was selling.. AND i got 2 things i wanted.. OG Spikes from a trade and by talkin to madeto order wound up gettin a SAMPLE Yo MTV Raps from the store the next day(i only got one white lace and 3 black, lol so i put my gold ed lover dre laces in)

I had those ID's on up top ao i aint expect to get alot of looks but i seen one dude wit sole collector dunk highs that i admit i was beatin over, lol

Sales wide the selection was ummmph. but ppl made sales for the most part. we just gotta go out there and support.

so Tier -0 is back apparently.. hmmm interesting

and 4 wrestling HAHAHAH stop talkin bout premier, lol is i kept botherin u while shopping its cuz they MADE ME, lol cuz tho they hired me solely to sell sneaksthey kept pressing me to sell but i feel u i dont like being bothered when i'm shopping either

Hypebeast! Me! iono i loved sneaks since i was like 11 and im 21 now. im getting over the bright colors and getting every hyped thing that comes out. i likewhat i like an most is old stuff i wanted in junior high school.. At DUnkxchange i noticed alot of ppl seek the same stuff. that turned me down and is whyprices are high... sorry if a seller thinks im lowballing to get decent VI or IV's for just under 300, lol

I know i'm talking alot but ima say this.. if school works out well, the spring Sneaker Event, which i wont deem an expo may be my ast and it will beMAJOR. at a off campus venue with special collections.. a collection competition, a sneaker auction, guest DJ, and serious sellers. i think i will pick vendorsbased on what they have to sell. Just make sure ur free to come and have enough to cop

and if i stare at ur shoes.. its cuz i really wish i had em, lol

Back
Top Bottom