All Things Sports Media Thread!!

VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL

On this episode of The Rematch, Etan Thomas is joined by social media sensation -- and one of the most sought-after shooting gurus in the world of basketball -- Chris Lethal Shooter Matthews as they discuss his college career, becoming a trainer for high-level NBA as WNBA players, and being a motivational speaker.

The Rematch with Etan Thomas: NBA Shooting Coach Chris Matthews AKA Lethal Shooter Talks NBA Clients, Motivational Speaking, More on Apple Podcasts

Football season has started and now sports coverage is now 85-90% football now 7 days a week. So repetitive and boring. After one week every show is already having the arguments of which teams should be panicking. In another week or two they’ll be asking who the mvp is. So much nonsense. I avoid most of it but sportscenter usually has those segments too.

Skip with another "IT'S MY TURN!!" :angry::angry::angry:melt down this am. :lol:

Shannon was on fire. He even tried to drag Jen back into it. Usual topic: who will you take RIGHT NOW, Mahomes or Brady.

You all can imagine how that went. :lol:

I'm sure a vid will be available soon.

I tried to give Speak a chance. But it's been on for what, 3 or 4 weeks now and 99.9% of the topics have been football related.

They finally broke the streak with a topic on Draymond's punch. Smh

Also, Joy Taylor runs circles around McCoy and Acho. She makes coherent points but seems to always get outnumbered by those 2 guys and their homer takes.

Shady and Acho clearly have a bias towards former teams and ex-teammates so their credibility holds no weight whatsoever.

The other dude Dave knows his stuff but gets drowned out by the bigger personalities.

Warner Bros. Discovery Sports announced on Monday that it has reached long-term contract extensions with Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Shaquille O’Neal, the front-facing quartet of the iconic “Inside The NBA” studio show. The deals extend well beyond the NBA’s current rights agreement with Warner Bros. Discovery Sports, which expires after the 2024-25 season. Sources told The Athletic that Barkley is signed the longest of the quartet and years beyond the end of this current deal.

Andrew Marchand of the New York Post reported Barkley’s deal is a 10-year contract that could approach $200 million.

Damn Kenny got the max too, but it's all good. More Candace Parker, a lot less DWade hopefully this season.

VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL

Three of the starters from George Mason's 2006 Final Four Team, joins Alumni Talk to discuss how they got there and their impact on the history of college basketball. Hosted by Ricky Goings, Produced by Enspire Films, Ethan Goings

ABL Presents: Alumni Talk: ALUMNI TALK: Special Guest Tony Skinn, Lamar Butler, Folarin Campbell on Apple Podcasts

I’m surprised yahoo sports is still around. I don’t read sports articles so I have no idea if yahoo is still doing well in that area.

Damn..

Longtime broadcaster, ‘Sports Tonight’ anchor Fred Hickman dies at 66​

Longtime sports broadcaster Fred Hickman, who shined alongside Nick Charles at CNN and helped launch the YES Network, died on Wednesday night. He was 66.

Hickman was at CNN from the beginning, and hosted “Sports Tonight” with Charles on the network on its first day on the air in 1980. The duo thrived, frequently competing with ESPN’s “Sports Center” during his 21 years with CNN and Turner. Hickman also hosted the first version of “Inside the NBA” on TNT during the 1989-90 season alongside stars like Craig Sager, Hannah Storm, Tim Brando and Vince Cellini.

On this episode of The Rematch, Etan Thomas is joined by Rabbi Harry Rozenberg to discuss the hottest topic in the NBA right now, Brooklyn Nets point guard Kyrie Irving and his suspension. Conversations like this one need to be had to gain perspective and grow from the situation.

The Rematch with Etan Thomas: Rabbi Harry Rozenberg on Antisemitism, Kyrie Irving’s Suspension, Nets’ 6 Steps to Return, ADL, More on Apple Podcasts

Back
Top Bottom