All Time Great Album

If you were a brand new hip hop artist in the year 2009 and you have every rap song ever at your disposal for an album, and taking into account record sales,lyrics, the games current climate and every thing, wats your tracklist look like? Singles? Pt. 2? Wats Your Approach ?

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...rosoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7RNWN_en&um=1http://images.google.com/imgres?img...t:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7RNWN_en&sa=N&um=1http://images.google.com/imgres?img...rosoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7RNWN_en&um=1

Dis thread got potential...
2483c40a23a3261540f8c9c4b5040891.gif

Ima put 14 songs

Soulja Slim - Soulja Life Mentality
Master P - Ice Cream Man
Brisco - Fresh Out
Rick Ross - Mafia Music
Jay Z - Dynasty Intro
Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise
Method Man ft. Mary J Blige - All I Need
The Fugees - Fu-gee-La
Ice Cube - It Was A Good Day
Big Pun - Still Not A Player
Big L - Ebonics
Jadakiss - Why
Naughty By Nature - OPP
UGK - Ridin' Dirty

1.A million and one questions-Jay-Z
2. Number One Spot- Ludacris
3.Why-Jadakiss(1st single)
4.The World Is Yours-Nas
5.Big Poppa-Biggie(2nd single)
6.Respect- Biggie
7.Jesus Walks-Kanye West
8.The Art Of Storytelling1 and 4 -outcast
9.PSA-Jay-Z
10.Song Cry-Jay-Z
11.It Was A Good Day-Cube
12.Dead Presidents-Jay-z
13.S.L.U-T.I(3rd Single)
14.I.P.A-UGK+Oukast(4th single)
15.One Mic-Nas

Probably not what i would go with if i thought it through thoroughly but just throwin an example out

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

what was controversial about that album? and dont give me no Ice t quotes

For one it had people sayn the genre was dead. Whether we like it or not it was a sign of the times and a turning point in the way hip hop is done. Youtubeand Myspace is the biggest marketin tools out and its FREE. Besides have you heard the radio since crank that came out. Stanky Leg, Swag Surfin, Ricky Bobby,MyDougie the list goes on. Though it lacks any kind of quality its still a big album.

This thread fails because the point of an album is to be on collective body; not a list of different songs with no theme/point holding them together.

My list = The Infamous.

Maybe edit a song or two out with other fitting songs from QB.

Originally Posted by M16

This thread fails because the point of an album is to be on collective body; not a list of different songs with no theme/point holding them together.

My list = The Infamous.

Maybe edit a song or two out with other fitting songs from QB.

if i get 14 good songs out of an album I don't care about a point or a theme..

In that case Illmatic isn't the GOAT album. The CD I made a few weeks ago for the car is.

Originally Posted by M16

In that case Illmatic isn't the GOAT album. The CD I made a few weeks ago for the car is.

I should've clarified.. If one artist makes 14 good songs and puts them on a cd I don't care for a theme or plot. Plot or theme is a plus..

i think basically what OP wanted to say is you can only make one cd, what songs are you gonna put on it

Back
Top Bottom