Allegedly, Air Jordan 1 retros are going to retail for $200 of summer ‘22

I think you completely missed my point though, all I was saying was that increasing the retail price TOO much will start to kill off interest because, like it or not, resale and hype because of it drives interest in the sneaker world.

Hell, forget foams, don’t you remember when Jordan Brand tried selling $400 retail Pinnacle Air Jordan 1s? They ended up flopping bigtime and went to outlets, etc. on DEEP discount lol
its all timing.. 94 retros were 19.99 at ross back in 95 they couldn't even sell those at retail. price won't kill interest .. product will .. I bet if Nike sold og 85s instead of those pinnacles it would have been a different story.. the pinnacles were garbage thats why nobody wanted to pay 400 lol.. if the product is what people want price means nothing.. i can care less about money when i want something bad enough.. its broke people that are worried about pricing !

its all timing.. 94 retros were 19.99 at ross back in 95 they couldn't even sell those at retail. price won't kill interest .. product will .. I bet if Nike sold og 85s instead of those pinnacles it would have been a different story.. the pinnacles were garbage thats why nobody wanted to pay 400 lol.. if the product is what people want price means nothing.. i can care less about money when i want something bad enough.. its broke people that are worried about pricing !
Define "broke" people.

Anyone think Chicago 85s get a extra price tag beyond $200?

and just like a Ferarri not really being comfortable to drive or even practical.. if you have ever driven one you know.. some are the most awkward cars ever.. but also some of the most desired.. just like an OG 1985 Jordan 1's people arent buying them for 5- 20 k for comfort but rather what they are .
Well the difference here is that the original ogs we’re decently comfortable and even the 01’s are better fit wise. You can’t back up the price on a worse shoe it’s kinda ridiculous to me.

Back
Top Bottom