ALLEN IVERSON AND JADAKISS A5 COMMERCIAL APPRECIATION!!!!

yeah I mean AI had every black kid in my school wearing braids , oversized nba jerseys with the matching hats.

Jordan was big of course, but I grew up in the Philly suburbs and like kids were wearing the yearly AI sneaker as much as jordans if not more. because they were cheaper and Jordan had retired by that point so we were still watching him

I had the white and silver ones, but kinda wish I had the black patent leather ones instead

Last edited:
EVERYONE had an Iverson jersey

I remember being in third grade and my classmate telling me how his Iverson 1's were better than my 12's :lol:

AI did have a lot of influence on people's style. We can't even debate that. NO ONE was trying to look like MJ outside of shoes. And I'm from the MJ era and watched damn near whole seasons of dude playing back when WGN used to have the game on lock. AI made the league change its dress code if I remember correctly, because everyone was coming to interviews with the baggy look and big chains swinging like AI.

I miss that era. Dudes didn't care about what some people thought back then. We were ourselves and proud of it. Now everybody wants to be on that fashion ****. :smh: :rolleyes

Last edited:
Had no idea that Nike was trying to "sneak" a bootleg AI out. :lol: :smh:

Paying homage. :rolleyes Without cutting a check and then disrespecting his deal with Reebok. The nerve.

Definitely a sucker move on Nike's part. If tables were turned you already know the deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
it amazes me how some people will defend Nike. The brand that screws over its customers and has shady business practices. like you can like their shoes but I'm not gonna defend them on anything moral
Here, it is disgusting. You cannot have an objective discussion on Nike outside of general. Go into the sneaker forums, and they call you a troll if you do not like what they like. Last year, Nike messed up LeBron's shoe, the one supposedly made for him, and those guys in the thread for LeBron shoes, were blaming LeBron's feet, not the company.

Simply ridiculous.

So now it's AI's broke, not Nike being sneaky.

gotta remember how young most of the cats in the sneaker forums are

that blind loyalty is strong

gotta remember how young most of the cats in the sneaker forums are

that blind loyalty is strong
The last comment on that thread is made by someone not that young.

In fact, I am certain the Nike has employees that go from this board and the next, just to make sure that their product is not badmouthed. If you do it, speak too loudly con, they will call you a troll and report you.

Last edited:
Here, it is disgusting. You cannot have an objective discussion on Nike outside of general. Go into the sneaker forums, and they call you a troll if you do not like what they like. Last year, Nike messed up LeBron's shoe, the one supposedly made for him, and those guys in the thread for LeBron shoes, were blaming LeBron's feet, not the company.

Simply ridiculous.

So now it's AI's broke, not Nike being sneaky.

Nike was absolutely being sneaky, but I still find it ironic that the packers shoes question PE pack essentially did the same thing. You mentioned in the other thread that reebok didn't use Lebron and Kobes likeness, but didn't explain how the situation was different. I highly doubt either athlete would sign off on those, so how was Nike being sneaky and not Reebok?

Nike was absolutely being sneaky, but I still find it ironic that the packers shoes question PE pack essentially did the same thing. You mentioned in the other thread that reebok didn't use Lebron and Kobes likeness, but didn't explain how the situation was different. I highly doubt either athlete would sign off on those, so how was Nike being sneaky and not Reebok?
The difference is pretty clear. Both Kobe and Lebron wore the shoes, while LeBron's High School team was signed to Reebok, and while Bryant was a free agent, then still wearing number 8. Adidas owns Reebok, and they own the number 8 line for their Crazy 8 line, thus allowing usage for Reebok.

Iverson owns his name and image, and has never worn Nike during his pro career.

Last edited:

lebron and kobe both actually wore the question with those numbers on it

reebok was jut releasing a shoe they had actually done before

AI never wore the flight 96

Nike was attaching him to a product he never had anything to do with

View media item 1270580

View media item 1270582

hey call him KG the Kid, but if you seen him with the basketball you know Dat he grown

Ill never forget that line

"First to get drafted out of highschool since Moses Malone..."

I used to dig all of these rap/athlete commercials...

RBK did one with Steve Francis and Scarface too...

The difference is pretty clear. Both Kobe and Lebron wore the shoes, while LeBron's High School team was signed to Reebok, and while Bryant was a free agent, then still wearing number 8. Adidas owns Reebok, and they own the number 8 line for their Crazy 8 line, thus allowing usage for Reebok.

Didn't he wear concords during that cross over he did on Jordan??? :nerd:

Naw he wore concords at g town.

Blue questions 4 jordan cross

Last edited:

Red questions 4 jordan cross

after all these years, i never heard phil yell micheal until now.

Last edited:
Still got the black joints :pimp:

AI is the definition of a legend. Had EVERYBODY wearing headbands

Red questions 4 jordan cross

after all these years, i never heard phil yell micheal until now.
Repped for the correction

Back
Top Bottom