Allen Iverson is accused of abducting his 5 children; ex wife files court documents

AI what are you doing man? :smh:

one of my all time fav. players but I've met him a couple times and he is a total A-hole

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...on-accused-ex-wife-abducting-5-195450969.html

The messy post-NBA life of Allen Iverson continues to get more and more difficult to parse and read about without feeling a sinking sensation in the pit of your stomach.

According to TMZ, his ex-wife, Tawanna Iverson, has filed court documents accusing the former Philadelphia 76ers star of refusing to return their five children, of whom she has sole legal custody, after a planned vacation that might never have actually happened:

Tawanna Iverson just filed legal docs claiming Allen recently asked for permission to take their five kids on a short vacation to Charlotte, N.C., from May 22nd-May 26th (and Tawanna agreed) but when May 26th rolled around, the children hadn't been returned.

The kids range in age from 3 to 16 years old.

In the docs, Tawanna says she tried to set up an exchange on June 4th at a neutral location — a nearby Target store — but A.I. never showed up.

Tawanna — who has sole legal and primary physical custody of their children — now believes Allen never took their kids to Charlotte at all ... and is currently keeping them at a Sheraton hotel in Georgia. [...] She now wants the court to force him to return the kids ... and punish him as well, even suggesting the judge lock him up in jail.

TMZ also reports that Allen Iverson has filed his own documents denying his ex-wife's claims.

Tawanna Iverson received custody of the children in February as part of the couple's divorce proceedings, which ended their 11-year marriage. The presiding judge in the case ordered Allen Iverson to see a psychiatrist and attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings for a year, and granted him visitation rights only under specific conditions, including that he not drink alcohol within 24 hours of a visit.

"[Iverson] does not know how to manage the children," the judge wrote in the case's final decree. "[He] has little interest in learning to manage the children and has actually, at times, been a hindrance to their spiritual and emotional growth and development."

Allen Iverson called the ruling "one-sided" in a subsequent statement and appealed the decision. His appeal was denied in March, according to Kent Babb of The Washington Post.

After losing custody of the children in the divorce settlement, Iverson also lost his $4.5 million Atlanta mansion to foreclosure, failing to keep up with his payments and defaulting on the mortgage. It was just the latest in a long line of off-court failings for the former All-NBA guard, who hasn't played professional basketball since a brief stint with the Turkish club Besiktas in 2010, and whose persistent post-career struggles Babb chronicled for the Post back in April.

“He has hit rock bottom, and he just hasn’t accepted it yet,” former 76ers teammate Roshown McLeod told Babb.

Those who suggest they know exactly what's going to come next in the life of Allen Iverson are probably kidding themselves. Let's just hope it includes his kids being safe and OK.

Yeah, just read this today. 

Had the kids right up the street too. 

But on a vacay to Charlotte? 

His chick need to stop blowing this situation up... this ***** didn't abduct his kids.

Sound like she auditioning for basketball wives to me...

Last edited:
Read abusing instead of abducting so this thread didn't really turn out to be as dramatic as I thought it would.

well.... keeps getting worse for him (sadly). But NT's AI fans will keep fronting for him- countless times people have tried to argue that "he isn't broke, that's just on paper- he's out ballin all the time". Well paper is what matters unless you got some side **** going on, which is almost impossible when you're in as much debt as he is and have child support problems. If we can learn anything from him now, its responsibility, and that's about it (well... besides some dope hair and a mean crossover)

And dont forget about the importance of PRACTICE.....PRACTICE.

Seriously, that line ruined his career...

If there's any wife who has put up with so much crap and tried to stay loyal, it's gotta be AI's wife.

Sucks to see what's happened to Iverson, but he had it all and was so damn careless.

Let's just listen to what she says, not what he says or the kids.

What do you have against A.I. braj?

Besides having pics and jerseys if him in my house?

I'm a realist not someone like you who would back him up no matter what he did

not enough that's for sure
if he got 400 k that's a shock

i remember reading years ago her had a 90 million lifetime contract with reebok

anyone know if this was true ?

The trust goes into affect once he's in his 50s. A portion I remember read of about 30 mil.

guess the re release of them Reebok's didn't keep him busy enough
laugh.gif

I was at the Sheraton hotel in Atlanta Saturday. I saw him get out of the parking garage, exit out of his Maybach and walk into the hotel, leaving his car at the front entrance. We go and park in the garage and head on up to our room. I've never seen him before, so I went back down outside near the entrance to see one of my favorite basketball players ever. Ten minutes later his car is still in the front running, with the windows down and unlocked (apparently.) A little bit later he comes out on his phone talking to someone, gets in the car and rolls out. It was cool seeing him, but after reading this, I really hope he wasn't just leaving his kids unattended in a hotel room 
ohwell.gif

The ironic thing was he was playing Rick Ross' Rich Forever mixtape 
tired.gif

Last edited:
I've heard lots of stories about AI in his hayday, riding around in Bentleys, hanging out of the window with a bottle in hand...

I was at the Sheraton hotel in Atlanta Saturday. I saw him get out of the parking garage, exit out of his Maybach and walk into the hotel, leaving his car at the front entrance. We go and park in the garage and head on up to our room. I've never seen him before, so I went back down outside near the entrance to see one of my favorite basketball players ever. Ten minutes later his car is still in the front running, with the windows down and unlocked (apparently.) A little bit later he comes out on his phone talking to someone, gets in the car and rolls out. It was cool seeing him, but after reading this, I really hope he wasn't just leaving his kids unattended in a hotel room :\

The ironic thing was he was playing Rick Ross' Rich Forever mixtape |I

He's pushing a maybach? & N's saying he broke lol

Yeah, I saw where his wife gets half of that trust fund

Back
Top Bottom