Allen Iverson - Reebok Answer 13

Please STOP the madness A.I.!!! U went out when the Tracy's did. Came hard at first, then died within a few years!

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Originally Posted by XxFootWear

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

sick.gif
If A.I was with Nike
pimp.gif
enough said...Xx...
Always see this and I never understand it. My take

1. Nike doesn't do well with controversial athletes. They try to keep their spokespeople as clean and boring as possible. They have a history of dropping athletes when controversy or drama happens. So for them to sponsor a guy like AI wouldn't make too much sense.
  2. Reebok was a huge player in the bball shoe game late 90s. AI's sig line is classic for the most part, and just because Reebok is falling off doesn't mean you need to re-write history. the Q, 1, 2, 3, 4 (my favorite), 7, 8 have all been legit on court, and some of the ones I didn't mention are still quality kicks.
  3. Reebok, in my experience, makes better quality products than Nike. I don't mean to generalize, but the material, the workmanship, the stitching, etc. have all been nicer on the AI line than most of the Nike Basketball products I've had. I still have two OG Questions on ice and both soles are completely clean - no yellowing. Now go check the Jordan forum and see how many different cures for a yellow sole. Reebok shoes hold up.
  4. Nike does a poor job of promoting its athletes (except the big 3 or so) and cares more about limited releases and hype than they do about their players. It took Nike 2 years to drop a Kobe commercial after they signed him. LeBron's line has like 60000 colorways per year. But players like Roy or Odom end up getting colorways of other shoes, no signature shoes, no commercials, no effort.
Nike has a great reputation among shoe heads here, but they don't really live up to it. Just because people are still fighting over Jordans doesn't mean they've done a good job since then, or that other ballers not with the Swoosh would be better if they jumped over. I'm happy with the AI line, and I'm glad he isn't with Nike just getting special colorways of the HDs.

Well said sir, for the most part I agree.

For all the haters and the lovers...this will be the last AI sig shoe, so enjoy it if you like the shoe and enjoy your last bit of "fresh hate" ifyou hate it...

Originally Posted by you big dummy

not sure if this was posted
img73798136007.jpg

saw this on kenlu

zoom bb2 + jordan 23 + jordan 19 LE + that stupid hexaride tech ...anyway, I think it will be look good on AI´s feet

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Originally Posted by XxFootWear

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

sick.gif
If A.I was with Nike
pimp.gif
enough said...Xx...
Always see this and I never understand it. My take

1. Nike doesn't do well with controversial athletes. They try to keep their spokespeople as clean and boring as possible. They have a history of dropping athletes when controversy or drama happens. So for them to sponsor a guy like AI wouldn't make too much sense.
  2. Reebok was a huge player in the bball shoe game late 90s. AI's sig line is classic for the most part, and just because Reebok is falling off doesn't mean you need to re-write history. the Q, 1, 2, 3, 4 (my favorite), 7, 8 have all been legit on court, and some of the ones I didn't mention are still quality kicks.
  3. Reebok, in my experience, makes better quality products than Nike. I don't mean to generalize, but the material, the workmanship, the stitching, etc. have all been nicer on the AI line than most of the Nike Basketball products I've had. I still have two OG Questions on ice and both soles are completely clean - no yellowing. Now go check the Jordan forum and see how many different cures for a yellow sole. Reebok shoes hold up.
  4. Nike does a poor job of promoting its athletes (except the big 3 or so) and cares more about limited releases and hype than they do about their players. It took Nike 2 years to drop a Kobe commercial after they signed him. LeBron's line has like 60000 colorways per year. But players like Roy or Odom end up getting colorways of other shoes, no signature shoes, no commercials, no effort.
Nike has a great reputation among shoe heads here, but they don't really live up to it. Just because people are still fighting over Jordans doesn't mean they've done a good job since then, or that other ballers not with the Swoosh would be better if they jumped over. I'm happy with the AI line, and I'm glad he isn't with Nike just getting special colorways of the HDs.

Well then why did they pick up Kobe after his rape scandal?

@onlyjays9P - Wrong.

They signed Kobe a ways before he was accused of rape. They designed a shoe for him, had a huge budget for advertising, and then Colorado happened. So Nikequickly took off all the Kobe-related stuff from the shoe, called it the Huarache 2004, and released it as a non-player specific shoe. They didn't evenhave the balls a year later, so they just called his next shoe the 2005.

Finally after 2 years of having Kobe signed to a contract Nike came out with the AZK1, and the rest is history. But don't think Nike stands by a playerduring ANY controversy.

Back
Top Bottom