Almost two seasons in, what is Michael Beasley's ceiling now?

I see his stats aren't overwhelming for a number 2 pick but then I saw that the Heat really don't give him as many minutes as they could (30 mpg this year, 24 last year) for whatever reason. They should be riding this guy, pause, for 37 minutes a game. I know dude has gone through some personal problems but where do you see his career headed and can he eventually be a team's #1 guy and franchise or will he just be an Antawn Jamison, good scorer but not the type you can build around.

He needs to get away from the Heat, playing with Wade as stunted his development. But he can still be the number one scoring option on an elite team imo

It's still quite high he has a very nice jumper and is very athletic for someone his height. The Heat just need to stop giving him an inconsistent amount of minutes. Some nights he gets high 30's sometimes he only gets 20 or less, they're being stupid by not playing him and letting him develop alongside Wade. Wade and Beasley can be a very good 1-2 punch because Wade likes to drive in while Beasley shoots the ball at a high %.

He just needs a new setting because he'll never hit his full potential with the heat. We all know what he's really capable of
smh.gif
. He used to be my favorite college bball player, but look at him now.
mad.gif

Me and IMM were talking about this on Twitter awhile back, he needs to get away from Miami to truly reach his potential (unless Wade decides to leave this summer).

One thing that's held him back is Erik Spoelstra being a complete moron when it comes to offensive sets, rotations, and substitution patterns. Not to mention his man crush for Udonis Haslem.

If those two weren't invoved with the Heat, there was a good chance Michael Beasley could've been in Dallas not as a particiapant in Rookie/Sophmore game but the All star game.

Wade also hasn't gone out his way to develop a chemistry on court with him either. He could be little less ball dominant. I think that'll happen over time though as Wade's begins to trust Beasley. He's only a 21 year old, and a 2nd year player, afterall.  

I think he's a good, solid #2... Never gonna be a LeBron or Wade...

I don't buy that he needs to get out from under Wade to reach that ceiling... He's never gonna be a Wade or LeBron..

i think he could average 20 and 10 if he got 35-37 minutes per game....It would've been interesting to see him play w/ nash if the suns were willing to trade amare for a package that included beasley...

He'll be as good as HE wants....it's all dependent on if his head is on straight. At his best, will be a right-handed version of Antawn Jamison. A dude capable of putting up 20/10 every night. I just wonder about the kid tho....

Originally Posted by Vietishi

It's still quite high he has a very nice jumper and is very athletic for someone his height. The Heat just need to stop giving him an inconsistent amount of minutes. Some nights he gets high 30's sometimes he only gets 20 or less, they're being stupid by not playing him and letting him develop alongside Wade. Wade and Beasley can be a very good 1-2 punch because Wade likes to drive in while Beasley shoots the ball at a high %.

nba_g_beasley_576.jpg

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I think he's a good, solid #2... Never gonna be a LeBron or Wade...

I don't buy that he needs to get out from under Wade to reach that ceiling... He's never gonna be a Wade or LeBron..
This

yea, he's good... a solid number 2 option. i just don't think that miami is the ideal place for him... the staff just seems unenthused

Since Wade has been out, it seems he has developed more a killer instinct. You can see his confidence has grown almost without Wade. I hope it continues, when wade gets back.

He can easily average 20 and 10, if given the consistent minutes.

Lee Nailon

Nah seriously, Beas has 20/10 potential, but as others above me have stated, Miami might not be the place for him.

I don't understand why he isn't given the minutes. He may be undersized and unable to play defense but he should still be a starter and playing 35+ minutes a game. He has a lot of potential and unlike other unproven players, he has the offensive skill set to succeed. He could easily average 20+ points if he got more shots. If the Heat aren't going to use him and make him a starter they may as well trade him to another team.

It's still as high as it was when he came out of KSU.

He has done nothing to prove to me that it should be lowered.

Originally Posted by Vietishi

I agree with this. IMO being next to wade isnt the problem. Every great player needs a sidekick to be succesful. 1 player dont win it alone. Sometimes the 2 superstars are even pretty equal in talent, something like Shaq and Kobe or Magic and Kareem or Stockton/Malone, Payton/Kemp, but the last 3 ae a bit different because it involves primarily a passer and a scoring big, but i mean even tandems like Jordan/Pip, Penny/Shaq, etc. Beasley and Wade can make up a great tandem of this decade, it is not Wade holding him back. They just gotta get him some consistent minutes. I mean you took him at #2, stick him at the 4, give him 35+ minutes a night and tell the dude "we want you and Wade to bring us a ring as a duo." So far i have seen none of that from Miami, they treat him as a prospect too carefully and IMO thats what is hurting him. Dont be fooled Beasley can still ball, imo the Heat need to give him some consistent minutes and just make the dude feel like they want him to be their #2.

laugh.gif
and most yall call D Rose a bust?

If D Rose is a bust then Beasley is a genuine bust.

D Rose > Beas as a player.

Sorry but I don't see the fire in the eyes of this guy. The only fire that he sees is when he tokes.

Back
Top Bottom