Am I the only New Yorker that feels that NYC is overrated?

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Are you under 21 and hanging out at Times/Herald/Union Square all the time?

no, I'm 21 and there's not alot of stuff you can do at the squares that you can't do other places. they're just bigger and brighter.

Originally Posted by saviormoneyy

YNS
laugh.gif

but NYC>>>>

go somewhere else and I bet you that you miss NYC

I use to take NYC for granted. Then I stayed in BPT, CT. for like a year.

That's what you're doing right now. No biggie, you'll either see the error in your ways or move.

Im visiting there for the first time this week. I can't wait.

Originally Posted by NYelectric

I'm not trying to win an argument
Clearly. Then I have to assume I nailed it on all the rest.

The bars, clubs, restaurants, street food, and different cultural food at friend's houses
pimp.gif

The diversity
pimp.gif
- one of the top reasons why NYC is the best
Every neighborhood is like a different country
pimp.gif

The MTA - a good and bad thing. subways are good for the most part. lirr and the bus are ehhh
The parks
pimp.gif

The beaches
indifferent.gif
- definitely not that good. cali and florida have way better beaches
Museums
pimp.gif

Theaters, movie and otherwise
pimp.gif
- broadway shows are a must
The people
pimp.gif

Madison Square Garden
pimp.gif

The US Open
pimp.gif

Baseball
pimp.gif
- go yankees. subway series is always exciting
Concerts
pimp.gif

Comedy clubs
pimp.gif

The history
pimp.gif

The architecture
pimp.gif

The bridges
pimp.gif

The water in general
indifferent.gif
- NY water is dirty.
The stores
pimp.gif

I could go on. What else do you want?

new york is appreciated but i could see how someone could either take the city for granted or just get tired of the same every day routine.

the getting tired of the same every day routine part could apply for wherever you live though.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I use to take NYC for granted. Then I stayed in BPT, CT. for like a year.

That's what you're doing right now. No biggie, you'll either see the error in your ways or move.
THEEEEE Worssttt place everrrr
BP is like a whole 'nother world
laugh.gif

Sounds like someone snatched a lost in da jaws of a victory.....smh how can't u have a good time in NYC

Is beyond me.....

What's great about NYC is you can find something to do at anytime during the day. You can't say that about other cities.

I understand you get used to a place so it's hard to be grateful, but come move to where I live at currently for year year and you'll love NYC when youget back.

OP, how about this............................................

What do you do for fun?

give me a run through of one of your days, and then we can break it down from there.

NY is a special place and people from around the world flock to it daily.

if you are having trouble finding spots there are some good forums out there for people that are too lazy to explore or want to read reviews on spots.

I guess being a New Yorker you may have fallen to the same old routine and the city has become monotonous to you in that way. I've had those nights where Isaid I was tired of the city life. But I know one thing that keeps me routin' for NYC as #1 city in the world is the FOOD. there is no place else on earthwhere you can find the quality and variety available to new yorkers within a few blocks. if you look hard enough you can find just about anything to eat atANYTIME of day. Nothing beats NYC cheap eats..

Chicken and Rice on 6th Avenue for 3AM munchies ftw.

It depends.

I've lived in the city for 22 out of my 24 years and frankly, I've come to realize that I am not a city person. The city has a lot to offer if that iswhat you enjoy. Personally, the things that I enjoy are rarely found in the city. If you enjoy a simpler life, then the city is not the place for you.

I'm only staying in the city because I can make a good living here. I know that soon enough, when I feel comfortable financially, I will move to theMidwest.

Y'all lookin down on OP and taking shots at him "Oh you must be boring" "Oh you must be young"

Why?

So he doesn't like the NYC life and you do. So?

I like NYC just fine but I can only take it in small doses. I can't live the NYC life 24/7. I generally dislike walking, public transit and overcrowding. I would drive into the city but I hate traffic. I venture out for special occasions like birthdays, holidays, parties, dinners, when I feel like watching theknicks lose or when I have visitors that want to do the tourist thing...but that's it.

I prefer the suburban lifestyle for everyday living and NYC for when I want to break the monotony of suburban life.

I don't think NYC life is overrated. Just a pain to live it everyday, which I'm glad I don't...not anymore.

There are parts that look like Long Island, there are parts that look like Brooklyn. You'll be driving in a city looking area and all of a sudden there's a pond and woods.
Oh yeah thats def. true about Staten Island. I gte bored of NY sometimes, but im a bit of a boring person so I cant be critical

I'm a Jersey kid (north) but I loved having/seeing NYC across the water (sounds corny i knw).
Like it was always in reach and you knew it was there. It just wasn't in my face all the time.
So going to New York (which usually took 15 minutes or so) always felt conveniently refreshing.

Back
Top Bottom