Am I the only New Yorker that feels that NYC is overrated?

she said she was sick of the city life... a sweet girl but the world made her the +$@!*% type

i love ny, but i need a change of scenery. im over it

My parents are divorced (Moms in NYC, Pops in SFC)

good too know i can go back anytime
laugh.gif

to OP:

the city life isnt for everyone, theres always something to do in New York. When i moved out here, i was able to find bud on the spot in an hour or so. (theheights ftw!!
pimp.gif
)

but the city life isnt for me, so i plan on moving back to SF next month

then again new york has its flaws too

-Traffic can be a pain in the +#+! i can accept rush hours times. but when its like 10pm and theres people behind you tailgating you trynna get thru then youshould be on that train to where ever you need to go
laugh.gif

-Cops EVERYWHERE, on every block, cops will pull you over for anything just to make money.. some cops even dress up like regular people [dave chappelle]theworst of the worst[/dave chappelle]
-The Bud is wack tho...
eyes.gif

-Everything is so %!$%@% expensive here in Ny.

last but not least.

Spoiler [+]
185431_14912_Rikers_Island.jpg

lol to the people that are crazy young saying they are over it. if you are from some hick town in montana with one bar then i would agree with you. NYC is amicrocosm of the entire world and you people are seriously dead wrong if you think otherwise. I have done my traveling from spain to lebanon to australia withstops in between, BUT there is nothing like NYC PERIOD

No, however, u are the only one that is gon say it to others not from NY. It's a pride thing

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

the NYC area spoils people.
when you travel... you realize how lucky you are
definitely....prime example when i was away for army bct, missed nyc so much and realized what a great place i lived in and took for granted

it's whatever you make of it. there is a ton of stuff to do, but if you don't do any of it that's your choice.

That time of the month eh?
grin.gif
I knew it was about 3 weeks since the last "NY is overated" or "Michigan >>> NYC" thread
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

if you were born and raised in new york, then i understand where you're coming from. Since I have the same opinion about LA. I don't really dislike it,however it gets old pretty fast.

Back
Top Bottom