Am I the only one that think it is pointless to get a Dodge Charger or Challenger if it isn't a Hemi

I just think with the history of these cars fro the 70's, it would be pointless to get these cars in a V6. What do you guys think? 

Riding in the challenger Faded of this weed brownieTurning down the music cause the weed is loud enough alreadyI'd cop srs

A lot of people feel that way. Time are different though. Gas isnt cheap and why should a gas hungry engine stop you from getting/driving the car you like.

Originally Posted by FDUB

I just think with the history of these cars fro the 70's, it would be pointless to get these cars in a V6. What do you guys think? 

It's pointless to get a C-Class instead of an S-Class
It's pointless to get a 3 series instead of a 7-series
It's pointless to get a Corvette if it's not the ZR1
It's pointless to get a Mustang if it isn't the Shelby
It's pointless to get an S-Class, you need the Maybach

Originally Posted by cguy610

grin.gif

Nah, some people likes the looks without the v-8 sucking up their gas. I mean, you're never going to have a chance to distinguish the power and speed between the v-6 and v-8 versions unless you race on the track (or street), rush alot on the freeway, or try to outrun police helicopters.

Originally Posted by DROOPY7

grin.gif
thanks for your contribution to the thread.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

A lot of people feel that way. Time are different though. Gas isnt cheap and why should a gas hungry engine stop you from getting/driving the car you like.

an with that bein said...........it is V8 or bust imo.
just go a diff route if gas money is an issue or if it isnt pratical for ya.

Horrible analogy IMO.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Nah, some people likes the looks without the v-8 sucking up their gas. I mean, you're never going to have a chance to distinguish the power and speed between the v-6 and v-8 versions unless you race on the track (or street), rush alot on the freeway, or try to outrun police helicopters.

IDK Why, but this comment is pretty
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DROOPY7

grin.gif
thanks for your contribution to the thread.

Same can be said about your post, I agree with dude up there, horrible analogy.

Originally Posted by DeNs415

Horrible analogy IMO.

dumbest analogy ever, especially between the 3 and 7 series
laugh.gif

Car is less expensive
Save money on gas
Get the same basic appearance
You don't want/need the power
Parents buying their kids a Mustang don't want them in a car too powerful
Etc.

If someone doesn't want to spend the extra money, that's their business. Majority of people A. Won't immediately know the difference and B. They probably won't care when they see these cars on the road anyway. Those who say its pointless or "its V8 or bust" makeup the minority. Same when sneakerheads notice guys wearing a no-name/non-Nike brand of sneaker.. Most people won't even recognize it, let alone care.

How other people spend their money isn't a concern of mine. For me, if money wasn't an object I'd opt for the bigger engine, but I understand why people buy V6's.

Originally Posted by DeNs415

Horrible analogy IMO.

Perhaps it went over your head.  There is always something more expensive, faster, bigger, etc.

Mustangs used to come in 4 cyls in the 80's so it's not like the whole muscle cars with "smaller engines" like V6s just started yesterday. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Car is less expensive
Save money on gas
Get the same basic appearance
You don't want/need the power
Parents buying their kids a Mustang don't want them in a car too powerful
Etc.

If someone doesn't want to spend the extra money, that's their business. Majority of people A. Won't immediately know the difference and B. They probably won't care when they see these cars on the road anyway. Those who say its pointless or "its V8 or bust" makeup the minority. Same when sneakerheads notice guys wearing a no-name/non-Nike brand of sneaker.. Most people won't even recognize it, let alone care.

How other people spend their money isn't a concern of mine. For me, if money wasn't an object I'd opt for the bigger engine, but I understand why people buy V6's.

I mean I fully understand why someone would opt for a V6, but in my opinion, if MPG's and engine power are that big of a concern why not go for a different car? Obviously some people just want the looks, but I guess to everyone saying the V8 is the way to go, including me, it comes down to the fact that they are muscle cars and in that sense they SHOULD have a V8. All opinions though.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

IDK Why, but this comment is pretty
laugh.gif
Get out of here with that, I bet you don't even know how to replace your alternator, let alone utilize a v-8 for it's intended use. And no, I'm not talking about smashing off on a green light or swerving through cars on a freeway. Do you even race? 

Back
Top Bottom