Am I the only one that thinks Lebron James is more likely to leave Cleveland....

IF the cavs win the title this year? As opposed to him not winning this year?

if you think about it what else is there left to do in cleveland if he stays after they win the title? The cavs have alot of old guys now who you can arguably say are major parts of the franchise in Shaq, Jamison, and Z. Unless the franchise can get another star player next year i dont see this being a dynasty.

Also if he brings a title to cleveland, the cavs fans imo will have less a gripe with him if he leaves cuz they will appreciate what he has done for this franchise and it will allow him to go elsewhere to another team who can sign another max player and start a dynasty. he will not be looked at as a quitter by anyone...

BUT on the other hand if he doesnt get a title this year I think he is more inclined to stay in cleveland to prove to all the haters and doubters that he can win a title there.

What do you guys think? No stupid hater #@# remarks....

Come on Kane.  Puttin no stupid hater remarks at the end doesn't mean the thread is of merit.  Come on now.  We get 4-5 Bron is leaving threads a day. 

And it's not like none of this hasn't been discussed non stop for 2 years already. 

Originally Posted by kdawg

You're crazy.

please explain why am i crazy???

I make valid points. Despite being a million dollar athlete that doesnt mean they dont have pride and dont care what people think....

Come on Kane.  Puttin no stupid hater remarks at the end doesn't mean the thread is of merit.  Come on now.  We get 4-5 Bron is leaving threads a day. 

And it's not like none of this hasn't been discussed non stop for 2 years already.

and most of these comments are "wait til the cavs lose then hes gonna bounce! haha" which imo isnt true. Why would any guy bounce after being so close to achieving what hes wanted to since being in cleveland? but if he gets that title he can move on easier. I see NOBODY on this board say what i am saying.  

if you think about it what else is there left to do in cleveland if he stays after they win the title? The cavs have alot of old guys now who you can arguably say are major parts of the franchise in Shaq, Jamison, and Z. Unless the franchise can get another star player next year i dont see this being a dynasty.

Also if he brings a title to cleveland, the cavs fans imo will have less a gripe with him if he leaves cuz they will appreciate what he has done for this franchise and it will allow him to go elsewhere to another team who can sign another max player and start a dynasty. he will not be looked at as a quitter by anyone...

BUT on the other hand if he doesnt get a title this year I think he is more inclined to stay in cleveland to prove to all the haters and doubters that he can win a title there.

Can we just shut the @+%% up with these threads already? I mean seriously. Between you, DubA, OC, Animal Thug, etc. half of S&T is solely about Lebron.
smh.gif

It's March for @+%%'s sake. I'm pissed off that I have to see these damn threads popping up for 5 more months.
Originally Posted by NobleKane

I make valid points.
You make cliche points.

I said this in the other thread about Lebron and the Stern conspiracy. The only 100% is that he will stay if he doesnt wint a title. Like you said he is going to be looked at not cutting it if he goes to a better team and have no chance if he goes to the Knicks or some team that is not better than what he has.

Exhibit 1.

indifferent.gif
at the L being like this...NFL. MLB doesnt have this problem but the NBA does and fuels it...f this conspiracy %#@*..just for one time I wanna see a OKC vs MIL finals just piss off Stern.

There's arguments for both sides of the coin.

If he wins, then he could leave knowing he gave Cleveland a title and there's some closure with the team and fans; however why would you leave a team that literally just won the title?

If he loses in the playoffs, then if he were to leave Cleveland it would seem like he's giving up on the franchise and going to start somewhere new, and if he returns then he's sticking with a team that has failed two years in a row to win when it matters most.

Quite frankly I don't care what he does right now... in March... months before that's even an option, weeks before the playoffs even start, and well before it truly matters to discuss on here.

People can pull quotes from insiders, vague references to loving NYC, Lebron saying he once had a great Denver omelet while in Chicago, or how loyal he is to Cleveland... none of that matters for me. Lebron will do whatever he thinks is best, and anything we talk about now is just grasping at straws.

Exhibit 1.

so if he wins a title and leaves the cavs fans will still hate him for leaving? YOU are crazy

Exhibit 1.

so if he wins a title and leaves the cavs fans will still hate him for leaving?
Absolutely.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Can we just shut the @+%% up with these threads already? I mean seriously. Between you, DubA, OC, Animal Thug, etc. half of S&T is solely about Lebron.
smh.gif

It's March for @+%%'s sake. I'm pissed off that I have to see these damn threads popping up for 5 more months.

you are just pissed off minnesota has nothing to look forward to 
laugh.gif

How the hell are you going to act like YOU know how CAVS' fans will react, if you're not from here and are from Los Angeles?

FTR, I personally wouldn't be TOO pissed if he bounced to NYC after winning a title this year (ONLY if Bosh joins him though). 

I'd still root for him personally, but the CAVS will always be my squad.

A LOT of people would be PISSED though.  Trust me...it would be 1/2 and 1/2 between lukewarm (like me) and PISSED.

Also,
Can we just shut the @+%% up with these threads already?

Exhibit 1.

so if he wins a title and leaves the cavs fans will still hate him for leaving?
Absolutely.

are you a cavs fan? i really cant see a fanbase hating a dude who for 7 years brought them out of NOTHING and into a championship... I just cannot see it unless he comes out and says #+%% cleveland and its fans point blank.....

YouTube the video of him at his MVP ceremony in Akron. Some white dude already asked him if he would leave if he wins the 'chip.

Your answer is there..

Yeah, I used to go to games at the Gund with a few thousand others. I wouldn't be happy at all if he left after winning. It wouldn't quite be like Art Modell screwing over the Browns - but it would be pretty close. It would be like him saying "hey, I know you spent a ton and got all these great players here so we could win but I don't really care - I'm going to (wherever) to start again".

I just think it would be dumb on his part too - Cleveland has improved enormously over the last 7 years and any team with enough space to afford him means he'll have no-one to help him and he'll be mired in mediocrity.

you are just pissed off minnesota has nothing to look forward to 
laugh.gif
AH the classic and overused "Well I don't know what to say so I must resort to attacking their personal teams!" reply. Very orginal.

Yeah that's exactly why I'm pissed off
laugh.gif

And nothing to look forward to?

fuvns7.png

evan-turner-p1.jpg

td2L1g3axd5GkHp.jpg

Nah, you're just annoying as hell. You don't have to look elsewhere from this thread to see that people agree with me.

dude really said any team with cap space wot have anyone to help him. The knicks can have him, another max fa, and a third star in a trade of currys expiring or waiting for it to expire and signing a third star in 2011. Oh yeah and gallinari + Chandler + Douglas. If ny signed Lebron and one other max FA and add another legit star with the money or currys 11 mil contract they'd hands down be the favorite to win a title in the 2011-2012 season and a legit contender in 2010-2011.

Back
Top Bottom