Am I the only person that loves the bookstore?

I hate Borders but I love B&N for some reason.

I feel like I can be in there forever.  I'll go in for one book and just end up looking at random stuff like cookbooks, books about traveling, those giant books that are always on sale.

I was there this weekend looking for a book on Buddhism but I didn't know where to start so I didn't get anything. Any suggestions on where to start to learn about Buddhism?

Once summer I had to drive my brother to tutoring instead of going home I would just go sit in B&N and read books by V.C. Andrews who was my favorite author at the time. 

Books are expensive tho and I dont have the time to read like I would like to so most of the time I only buy what I came to get. 

Anyone else like the bookstore? I really have fun in there.

ever since i got to college, all these hipster chicks at my school got me into it

we go into barnes and nobles and just read mad books.. i learn so many new things there.

i love it and the smell of all those books
laugh.gif
smh.gif

For the past year and a half I've been going to the bookstore at least one day a week. I'm usually interested in the History and Science sections. But for some reason, there's always something in the bargain section that catches my eye. Usually I start in the magazine section, then just explore my **$ off. But right now I'm interested in metaphysics and Conspiracy theories so I'm gonna go there right when they open in the morning. 

I feel like a bum reading mad books and not copping. I like the bookstore but I usually cop off amazon due to prices.

ima be in BN tomorrow

last time i was there i read Marvel Zombies
pimp.gif

didnt know they were gonna eat all those mutants that they did eat.

i also wanna know where BN gets their instore music from , the music they play from the ceiling cuz its soooo smooth.

no doubt, I love book stores...I've read entire books just chilling in barnes and nobles with a caramel frappucino...but i usually read magazines in the grocery store

B&N is always appreciated
pimp.gif

I visit that place 3-4 times a month. Plus its nice to relax and read books when that CA summer heat is beamin' on a lazy day.

Always wanted to do this, but the Barnes and Noble by me is so packed and hectic all the time. I like feeling isolated but its too crowded.

I've been like that since I was a little boy. And I don't even read like that.

...I sometimes burn an entire Sunday in Boarders/ BN in the off season.

Towards the beginning of HS, I would often go to Borders.

Originally, it was their collection of hard to find CDs that brought me in. They'd often have CDs that hadn't been in other stores for years.

After a while I just kinda stuck around after I had made my purchase, especially when none of my sports were in season. I'd stay there for hours just reading random things.

But HS ruined reading for me. I simply don't enjoy it anymore. I credit it to my declining eye sight and being forced to read the rubbish that the government deems necessary for my success.

Never in life will I need to know why Hester Prynne had an affair with Dimmesdale, and if indeed the day comes that I do, I'll deem the U.S. Government a success, abandon my family, and marry a white woman.

I love Barnes and Noble. If they don't have the book I am looking for in stock, or I go in without knowing what book I want to buy, it takes me over an hour to decide what I really want. I usually end up just buying two books.

Having a internet capable phone loses my bookstores so much money. I cant count the # of times I'm ready to buy a book, check on amazon/half to compare prices, and find this $16 book for $5 shipped online.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

Originally, it was their collection of hard to find CDs that brought me in. They'd often have CDs that hadn't been in other stores for years.

After a while I just kinda stuck around after I had made my purchase, especially when none of my sports were in season. I'd stay there for hours just reading random things.

But HS ruined reading for me. I simply don't enjoy it anymore. I credit it to my declining eye sight and being forced to read the rubbish that the government deems necessary for my success.

Never in life will I need to know why Hester Prynne had an affair with Dimmesdale, and if indeed the day comes that I do, I'll deem the U.S. Government a success, abandon my family, and marry a white woman.

well damn

i hate being told what to read...i love to read on my own but when they told me i had to read i book for school i didn't out of spite...

except the Giver...best book I read in HS...1984 was good too...and there was a naked woman in the movie which out teacher didn't know about
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

well damn

i hate being told what to read...i love to read on my own but when they told me i had to read i book for school i didn't out of spite...

except the Giver...best book I read in HS...1984 was good too...and there was a naked woman in the movie which out teacher didn't know about
pimp.gif

I'm fine with being told what to read, as long as it's actually good. Sadly, my high school deemed masterpieces like 1984 and Catcher In The Rye as books that need not be read by adolescent students, and instead forced us to read Hawthorne and Melville.

High school did, at least to an extent, immerse me in Twain, who I would have probably avoided otherwise due to his title as the "Father of American Literature." Considering not too many American authors made any worth while literature, I didn't think of the title as too impressive. But I enjoyed his work. It's a shame that of all the authors we focused on, Twain got the least amount of attention.

Edit: Concerning the naked woman comment and the following "
pimp.gif
", aren't you straight...?

Back
Top Bottom