Amaré to Warriors for Curry, Biedrins, Wright and/or Belinelli?

[h1]Curry pick part of likely Amare deal[/h1]
89 commentsby Paul Coro - Jun. 25, 2009 05:52 PM
The Arizona Republic

The Suns likely landed their man in Thursday night's draft before their pick ever came up.

Golden State's selection of Davidson point guard Stephen Curry at No. 7 was likely made for the Suns as part of an AmarÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] Stoudemire trade that can't be completed until Wednesday. That is because [color= rgb(37, 115, 194)]Phoenix[/color] would be acquiring Warriors center Andris Biedrins, a base-year compensation player, as part of a Stoudemire deal that would include more Warriors players, possibly power forward Brandan Wright and/or shooting guard Marco Belinelli.

The Suns were hoping they could land Curry or Arizona power forward Jordan Hill with the Warriors' seventh pick but had their choice after Minnesota took neither with its fifth and sixth picks.

Curry, the 21-year-old, 6-foot-3 son of former NBA 16-year shooter Dell Curry, is a tremendous shooter with a variety of ways to score who also has shown court vision and passing instincts despite playing with teammates far from his level.

Whatever the package, the Suns would also probably accomplish some payroll and [color= rgb(37, 115, 194)]luxury [color= rgb(37, 115, 194)]tax[/color][/color] savings for the coming year because Biedrins is slated to make $9 million in the coming season and Stoudemire will be at $16.4 million.

Biedrins will make $9 million each year through the 2013-14 season. He is a 23-year-old Latvian 7-footer who plays with a high-revving motor that makes him a good rebounder and defender, although he is foul-prone. He is limited offensively but would be able to run with the Suns' fast-paced ways. He averaged 11.9 points and 11.2 rebounds in his fifth season with Golden State.

Stoudemire's contract goes through 2010-11 with a $17.7 million player option but the All-Star starter could opt out of it and be a free agent next summer.

I love you STAT and I'll be rooting for you and the Warriors if this goes through
ohwell.gif

I did always say that'll be the only team i'll want him to go.. they run like our old Suns.

Sorry if late im just sad.
frown.gif

holdenmichael edit: added search tags and provided details in subject line.

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

[h1]Curry pick part of likely Amare deal[/h1]
89 commentsby Paul Coro - Jun. 25, 2009 05:52 PM
The Arizona Republic

The Suns likely landed their man in Thursday night's draft before their pick ever came up.

Golden State's selection of Davidson point guard Stephen Curry at No. 7 was likely made for the Suns as part of an AmarÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] Stoudemire trade that can't be completed until Wednesday. That is because [color= rgb(37, 115, 194)]Phoenix[/color] would be acquiring Warriors center Andris Biedrins, a base-year compensation player, as part of a Stoudemire deal that would include more Warriors players, possibly power forward Brandan Wright and/or shooting guard Marco Belinelli.

The Suns were hoping they could land Curry or Arizona power forward Jordan Hill with the Warriors' seventh pick but had their choice after Minnesota took neither with its fifth and sixth picks.

Curry, the 21-year-old, 6-foot-3 son of former NBA 16-year shooter Dell Curry, is a tremendous shooter with a variety of ways to score who also has shown court vision and passing instincts despite playing with teammates far from his level.

Whatever the package, the Suns would also probably accomplish some payroll and [color= rgb(37, 115, 194)]luxury [color= rgb(37, 115, 194)]tax[/color][/color] savings for the coming year because Biedrins is slated to make $9 million in the coming season and Stoudemire will be at $16.4 million.

Biedrins will make $9 million each year through the 2013-14 season. He is a 23-year-old Latvian 7-footer who plays with a high-revving motor that makes him a good rebounder and defender, although he is foul-prone. He is limited offensively but would be able to run with the Suns' fast-paced ways. He averaged 11.9 points and 11.2 rebounds in his fifth season with Golden State.

Stoudemire's contract goes through 2010-11 with a $17.7 million player option but the All-Star starter could opt out of it and be a free agent next summer.

I love you STAT
and I'll be rooting for you and the Warriors if this goes through
ohwell.gif

I did always say that'll be the only team i'll want him to go.. they run like our old Suns.

Sorry if late im just sad.
frown.gif
Damn...it's like that?
roll.gif
smh.gif

If there doing this, I feel like they should just get rid of Nash and totally rebuild around Lopez and these young guys there getting.

Accept that this teams run is over.

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Somewhere in AZ, Zodogg is in a full Michael Jackson-esque cardiac arrest.
I find it hilarious how Lakers fans always bring up zodogg
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

laugh.gif

Nothing against other Suns fans but he really deserves watching his team dismantle and rebuild itself. Karma is ... well you know.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

laugh.gif
as much as that dude hated the lakers... i gotta admit, his comments are always entertaining, and dude stays loyal to his team no matter how badthey get. He's a cool 'hater' in my book.

Chad Ford reports that the Amare Stoudemire to Golden State discussions are dead.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom