Amazing: Teen's Invention Could Charge Your Phone in 20 Seconds

Whats dope about it to me is that typically when you quick charge a battery the capacitance is lower than if you were to charge it over a longer period of time. But from what im reading not only does her invention charge the battery in 20 seconds but its actually hold the charge longer and its a lot smaller than a typical phone battery. This is amazing. I'd love to see an automotive application. If possible and If cost permits it, this could save a lot of weight and make electric cars more feasible.

Last edited:
I feel like these kind of innovations could have been made a long time ago but companies aren't in the business of efficiency. I'm uninformed on this topic so I could be completely wrong but I find it hard to believe that she discovered something that battery and electronic companies could not. Not putting her down, just saying that there's willful ignorance to advancement from some of these companies.

As for the girl, that's an awesome accomplishment. She had a little swag to her too lol.

I agree ravage. I believe if the money was put behind it electric cars and even cars that run on things like water or steam would be more in the forefront. How dope would it be if there were more big companies who put money into projects like this then gave the technology to the people.

Saw it posted on Twitter. She got $50,000 for placing too.

Makes you think back to when you had science fairs and was proud of a freaking volcano. LMFAO!

I feel like these kind of innovations could have been made a long time ago but companies aren't in the business of efficiency. I'm uninformed on this topic so I could be completely wrong but I find it hard to believe that she discovered something that battery and electronic companies could not. Not putting her down, just saying that there's willful ignorance to advancement from some of these companies.

As for the girl, that's an awesome accomplishment. She had a little swag to her too lol.

Agreed.

I feel like the same thing goes on in reference to medicine as well

Definitely. I was reading about some of the inventions people have tried to patent (cars that run on water, energy devices, new manufacturing processes etc.) and that didn't work out for whatever reason...it's crazy. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but you have to believe any invention that could cripple a major industry and save people money will not be encouraged.

Hell, Tesla had the idea for cheap wireless electrical energy transfer while he was alive but mysteriously couldn't get funding in the middle of his obviously unimportant project.

American greed definitely holds out on advancing technology and medicine. Some old corporate big wigs are probably somewhere salty because she blew up their spot.

Waits for someone in the media to make a big deal about her "setting the world on fire" comment. Great stuff tho, this is a game changer if it were to go into production.

Definitely. I was reading about some of the inventions people have tried to patent (cars that run on water, energy devices, new manufacturing processes etc.) and that didn't work out for whatever reason...

Maybe because they don't work?

can we get a gif of the dude in the middle at the 30 second mark? He's stoked.

Last edited:
if you approve electric cars and their technology, you cripple the oil and gas companies. big companies got too much power to let that happen.

Agreed. And if these companies were to release this fast-charging innovation they could charge more, which would make up for the loss of charging devices sales.

i'd cuff.

the battery.  her too, like her swag 
nerd.gif

Surprised this wasn't invented years ago. Cellphone and laptop batteries suck. Someone should invent better ones.

Saw it posted on Twitter. She got $50,000 for placing too.

Makes you think back to when you had science fairs and was proud of a freaking volcano. LMFAO!
Haha. I waited till the last second to tell my mom and she'd do my science projects when I was in elementary (she finally got smart and got me a project book and said if you can't do it, then you should fail, lol). Earth shattering projects? No way. Efficient? Hell yeah!!

Back
Top Bottom