Amazon ships 500 copies of Lil Wayne's Rebirth by accident

@ the end of day its STILL a Lil Wayne album... No matter how you cut it...

He's expected to do #s, so if he doesn't are cats gonna say his career is OVER??... Obviously his label believes its gonna sell well...

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

What the hell? Lil Wayne? Rock album?
roll.gif

I never check out hip hop threads on NT but the one time I do... it's this? I can't wait to see how this album, inevitably, will be panned by critics. Does Lil Wayne really play guitar?
roll.gif
Oh my God.

roll.gif

laugh.gif
OMG...this is like SNL Skit or something...
laugh.gif
Like...that can't be real...

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

eek.gif

that album will be all over the web by weeks end

I guess we'll be able to see how someone else sells after their product is leaked a month or 2 before it released...
what you did, i see it sir *daps*

Last night when I was on Ustream, some dudes was playing the whole album and said they were going to leak it. Comedy followed after that.

He's expected to do #s, so if he doesn't are cats gonna say his career is OVER??... Obviously his label believes its gonna sell well...
Imma have to disagree with you on this one my dude. You cant even really compare this to a real Wayne album.

Best believe if it was a real rapper Wayne album we would of heard his singles all over the place and he would push crazy numbers... he just doing this !%+!cuz he can
laugh.gif

watch when his real rapper album drop in 2010.

wayne didn't drop the album so he could make room for the YM album

prolly wont happen now, they'll prolly push this rock album up now

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Imma have to disagree with you on this one my dude. You cant even really compare this to a real Wayne album.

Best believe if it was a real rapper Wayne album we would of heard his singles all over the place and he would push crazy numbers... he just doing this @%@@ cuz he can
laugh.gif

2afg1vs.gif

This is a WAYNE album. Doesnt matter if hes a rapper or not. He put it out.

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Best believe if it was a real rapper Wayne album we would of heard his singles all over the place and he would push crazy numbers... he just doing this @%@@ cuz he can
laugh.gif

2afg1vs.gif

This is a WAYNE album. Doesnt matter if hes a rapper or not. He put it out.

**looks @ album cover**

Looks like a Wayne album to me... It even has a HUGE sticket that reads BEST RAPPER ALIVE... on there...

Obviously both Lil Wayne Cash Money/Young Money/Universal thought this product would sell, so we can't start saying NO its not a Wayne album now... If heaint a Wayne album what is it?? Who's is it?? I mean if it ends up being a success (which I doubt right now), who takes credit?? Lil Wayne or his alterego??

I personally aint gonna say his careers over when the #s come out (regardless of how dismal they are), I just wanted to know if that sentiment applied toEVERYone who sold less than expected

They put this album out under the impression it would sell off of Lil Wayne's star power and the quality of the music...

ALBUM IS %$%. OH MY GOD. ITS LIKE GIVING MY EARS A BEATING. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. smhhhhhh

**looks @ album cover**

Looks like a Wayne album to me... It even has a HUGE sticket that reads BEST RAPPER ALIVE... on there...

Obviously both Lil Wayne Cash Money/Young Money/Universal thought this product would sell, so we can't start saying NO its not a Wayne album now... If he aint a Wayne album what is it?? Who's is it?? I mean if it ends up being a success (which I doubt right now), who takes credit?? Lil Wayne or his alter ego??

I personally aint gonna say his careers over when the #s come out (regardless of how dismal they are), I just wanted to know if that sentiment applied to EVERYone who sold less than expected

They put this album out under the impression it would sell off of Lil Wayne's star power and the quality of the music...
Just wanted to bold that so you understand Nay. You just proved everyones point. EXPECTED. EXPECTATIONS. WHAT THIS ALBUM SHOULD SELL. BISD wasEXPECTED to hover a lil under Curtis respectfully but it only sold 160 (114 to be fair) out of the what, 660K Curtis sold.

Now if this was the Carter 4 and it released 2 months early you would have a point but this is Rebirth and I know NT isn't a meaurement for much but whenyou have maybe 3 posts in the entire history of this concept being crafted of people saying they would get the album and maybe 9 posts of people saying itmight be worth a download that should tell you that EXPECTATIONS shouldnt be that high. Cause I predict this to stillsell probably 140K its first week at least. But the difference is I NEVER thought it would sell 660K. *shrugs*

Edit: And also the difference is with 50 is the 160 that bought this album barring a major rejunevation will equal to about 120 buying his next joint. Where inWaynes case even if this fails and he does Team BlackOut numbers he will still have his loyal fanbase that when Carter 4 comes out will say "I'm gladthis N off his MTV rockstar %!$#. That album was garbage but Carter 4 is gonna be flames" whether you co sign that statement or not (I know you dont causeyou dislike Wayne) you already know people have that mindset.

The songs where he is rappin are cool but the straight rock songs
smh.gif
but then again i dont listen to rock so idk???

People aren't that stupid to just buy anything with a famous rapper on it. There are a number of unofficial compilations and stuff in stores like Best Buythat don't sell even though they have his face on it.

Back
Top Bottom