America is a "NATION OF COWARDS" when it comes to racial issues----United States Attorney General

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by TkTheGirl

Wait, but, my president is BLACK....

Speaking of that I've never met a black person let alone a democrat during and after this election who assumed that race relations was suddenly going to fix themselves after this election. Where exactly did Republicans come across these people? Because I've heard plenty of Republicans say it over and over and I have yet to see or meet these people your sarcastically referring to. If my assumption is wrong and your sarcastically referring to something else then ignore the question.

Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican and so was his father. Democratic Party started the KKK.
That doesn't have an relevance to her statement. Republicans deserted blacks during reconstruction, and the only reason any blacks were loyal to them was because it was the party of Lincoln. I don't see what the politic shift that happened around when FDR took office has to do with this argument. Then again when are your/TBONEs arguments EVERY coherent?
laugh.gif

Yeah, you think? Look at how many Democrats voted AGAINST the Civil Rights Act of 1964 compared to Republicans. Also, blacks loved JFK so much he voted AGAINSTthe Civil Rights Act of 1957.
Yet RFK helped release MLK from prison and he supported John F. Kennedy for President.

Oh, the same JFK that had him wire-tapped and black-mailed him to support JFK or have his infidelities be made public? Oh yeah.

Black have been oppressed in this country be the Democratic Party for too long. War on Poverty by Pres. Johnson? Only put more blacks on public assistance.

Fede and TBONE: Anyone on this board can tell that you are two of the brightest gentlemen posting here. But must you two work so hard in every post to makeyour agenda evident?

Originally Posted by TkTheGirl

Wait, but, my president is BLACK....

Speaking of that I've never met a black person let alone a democrat during and after this election who assumed that race relations was suddenly going to fix themselves after this election. Where exactly did Republicans come across these people? Because I've heard plenty of Republicans say it over and over and I have yet to see or meet these people your sarcastically referring to. If my assumption is wrong and your sarcastically referring to something else then ignore the question.

Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican and so was his father. Democratic Party started the KKK.

laugh.gif
you sir are an idiot.

He's right though .

Everybody acts as if racism is gone because a black man is in office . America tries to act as if racism doesn't exist ... it isn't invisible . Peopletry to hide it , &nd are afraid to talk about it .

Cowards is the correct term , America IS a nation of cowards because no-one else has said (recently) what he has , &nd I know they felt it .

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

Fede and TBONE: Anyone on this board can tell that you are two of the brightest gentlemen posting here. But must you two work so hard in every post to make your agenda evident?

What agenda? The chick is BLIND as hell. The Republicans didn't try to come across? It's no secret that Blacks are STILL SOCIALLY CONSERVATIVE! Wantproof? Just look at the vote on Prop 8 in California.

Jusr read history books on what the Republican party has done for blacks for this country. The only thing the Republicans are so terrible for his limitingpublic assistance and are considered RACIST for it? Please.

Fede and TBONE: Anyone on this board can tell that you are two of the brightest gentlemen posting here. But must you two work so hard in every post to make your agenda evident?

What agenda? The chick is BLIND as hell. The Republicans didn't try to come across? It's no secret that Blacks are STILL SOCIALLY CONSERVATIVE! Want proof? Just look at the vote on Prop 8 in California.

Jusr read history books on what the Republican party has done for blacks for this country. The only thing the Republicans are so terrible for his limiting public assistance and are considered RACIST for it? Please.

Maybe you should ask the gays in California what they did to the Black gay community?.....Socially conservative based off of one sample?..A stretch.

You of anyone should know darn well that Republicans have done more to slow down black progress than any political party in American history.

What agenda? The chick is BLIND as hell. The Republicans didn't try to come across? It's no secret that Blacks are STILL SOCIALLY CONSERVATIVE! Want proof? Just look at the vote on Prop 8 in California.

Jusr read history books on what the Republican party has done for blacks for this country. The only thing the Republicans are so terrible for his limiting public assistance and are considered RACIST for it? Please.
You did bring up something that I don't think I've ever seen totally addressed on this board. Lincoln has been championed forfreeing the slaves, but research has shown that he did it moreso out of necessity than actual free will. It puzzles me more and more everyday that people allbut worship Lincoln for freeing the slaves even though the final act wasn't of his own volition.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Maybe you should ask the gays in California what they did to the Black gay community?.....Socially conservative based off of one sample?..A stretch.

You of anyone should know darn well that Republicans have done more to slow down black progress than any political party in American history.

Socially conservative based on what? Blacks are typically against gay marriage, anti-abortion,and have traditional family values and marriage.

Slowed their progress? Do you know what the War on Poverty was? You should look in the BARACK OBAMA FTL thread where I point out that Reagan dropped Blacksunemployment from in the 20's to 11% among other statistics, so please spare me.

The hell am I blind to you on a totally different subject then what I ask about. Goodness.

You did bring up something that I don't think I've ever seen totally addressed on this board. Lincoln has been championed for freeing the slaves, but research has shown that he did it moreso out of necessity than actual free will. It puzzles me more and more everyday that people all but worship Lincoln for freeing the slaves even though the final act wasn't of his own volition.

Exactly, you are correct. I personally dont think Lincoln was all that great. JUst my opinion.

Maybe you should look at the unemployment rate among blacks now?.....Crediting Republicans ( Reagan) With giving blacks jobs is comical.

Also Keep in mind that I agree both the Republicans and Democrats have done NADA in terms of anything for Black Americans, you cannot seriously argue thatRepublicans have done more. Affirmative action, voting rights act among several other reforms would have never passed had it not been for democrats.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Maybe you should look at the unemployment rate among blacks now?.....Crediting Republicans ( Reagan) With giving blacks jobs is comical.

Also Keep in mind that I agree both the Republicans and Democrats have done NADA in terms of anything for Black Americans, you cannot seriously argue that Republicans have done more. Affirmative action, voting rights act among several other reforms would have never passed had it not been for democrats.

Numbers dont lie, bro, and I can provide sources for those numbers. Civil Rights Act of 1957 was proposed to stop voter intimidation, proposed by...You guessedit, Eisenhower, a Republican. Also, review who filibustered that proposal.

You keep bringing up pre-Brown Decision legislation, anyone with basic knowledge knows Democrats switched geographically, as well as politically because of itduring the 60's. Numbers DO lie actually, and I like how you use numbers as well as a "one in a million" example : Obama.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How does this back and forth have anything to do with the topic of the thread?

A politician made a remark on race relations.

We are discussing race, and politics.

How about the African-American poverty level decreasing significantly under Johnson and rising significantly under Regan?....

Or better yet, how about addressing the topic at hand instead of unnecessarily stoking the flames of political partisanship?

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

How about the African-American poverty level decreasing significantly under Johnson and rising significantly under Regan?....

Or better yet, how about addressing the topic at hand instead of unnecessarily stoking the flames of political partisanship?
Come to think of it, that probably would be the most productive thing to happen to the discussion at hand.

Topic at hand in your opinion would be?

Are you saying political party has had no effect on race?...
laugh.gif
or better yet, lets ignore the past, and how we came to this dilemma, and just act like it isa new issue that hasn't been around for hundreds of years
eyes.gif

Duke said that We have Obama now everything is gravy. TO me that is frightening.

He urged the nation to break "a racial stalemate we've been stuck in for years" and bemoaned the "chasm of misunderstanding that exists between the races."

I would think that this is the essence of the article. Not the legislative histories of the Republican and Democratic parties...who both screwed over Americanminorities throughout history and have the shame of tremendous suffering and inequality at both of their doorsteps.

I don't see anything about conservatism vs liberalism or Republican vs Democrat in that article.

Not even 1 mention.

Not only is political legislation a reflection of our current situation, but it also reflects where our current situation derived from. Why did we go 8 yearswithout anything race related from Bush? I stated earlier that neither party has done anything ( I am no Democrat) , it was FEDE whom argued that Republicanswere our saviors
laugh.gif
... I was simply trying to find his reasoning which I found out to be empty and baseless. You keep on talking about the current topic asif I am off track? Where did this chasm arise?........Years of ignoring obvious racial inadequacies. It is the fact that the "RACE CARD" has become acommon term that really has no meaning. Racism itself has no real meaning anymore?...What is racism? It is no longer politically acceptable to be open aboutracism thus a paradix arises. How do we stop something that doesn't show consciously, yet is recognized by those who suffer from it on a daily basis. Howdo we get rid of something that most in power do not suffer from?...There are two sides to this dilemma, Poltically, and socially(reasons I just stated). Ifeel both are equally important, you disagree. That is fine.

I don't even try to engage Fede or TBONE their arguments are mere talking points spewed from Rush & Sean. Just like the bs about MLK being a Republicanit was actually his father MLK Sr who was a registered republican. Its sad how dudes can't even think for themselves but just soak up misinformation andclose minded ideology.

Check Civil Rights Act of 1964 the one that actual was monumental.. Signed by Lyndonn Johnson, and at the point was said "democrats lost the southforever".. So check who has done most for blacks since 1964 and you stand corrected and you have no clue what you are talking about. Blacks maybe sociallyconservative (actually blacks are neutral on abortion what the f are you talking about) but are politically liberal.

You ask the down trotted who is more likely to give a damn you will get an overwhelming majority for Democrats and for you to sit there and say Republicanshave been big on social issues for black or anyone for that matter you are an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom