American Gangster > Any Kanye Album

I'm scared to ask y'alls opinion of Kingdom Come now? :smh:

AG was pretty bad no matter where you place it in his career. I'm at work so I can't see what other albums came out that year but that also doesn't mean it was any good though.

Kigndom Come was good for its time. It wasnt timeless like majority of his albums but it was fire when it came out.

Can not agree with the "AG was wack" talk.

That album had GREAT production and good lyrics...

Not sure about it being better than every Kanye album tho 

Kigndom Come was good for its time. It wasnt timeless like majority of his albums but it was fire when it came out.

i understand Jay is your boy and all, but call a spade a spade. it just is what it is. Kingdom Come was trash. then and now
Prelude, Kingdom Come, Oh My God, Lost Ones, Do You Wanna, 30 Something, Trouble, Minority Report, Dig a Hole, and Beach Chair. All fire tracks. 14 track album and I just listed 10 songs that were high quality. This album didnt suck. Yeah its probably down at the botoom of his catalog along with Blueprint 2: The Gift, but JAY-Zs worst album is better than almost everyone elses best one. Kingdom Come didnt suck.

I hate Jays music for the most part and I found AG to be pretty good

def not better than Kanyes first 3 albums tho

Oh and Kingdom Come is hot dookie in a dixie cup

i listen to none of those songs. i haven't enjoyed a jay z album since the blueprint, but its a matter of opinion.

to each his own
that sucks for you bro cause AG and Black Album were both 
pimp.gif

AG is a damn good album and I don't think the OP's statement is crazy. AG has more replay for me than most Ye' albums.

Whao...I just peeped some of the responses...Lemme talk my ish again.....

^^First, Kingdome Come was EASILY the worst Jay-Z album ever. Even worse than Watch the Throne, if you count that as a Jay album. Take the intro, I Made it, and (sparingly) Beach Chair...Throw the rest in the hold that Jay-Z dug on that lbum.

Now, on to the topic at hand....

American Gangstar IS/WAS the best album of the second half of Jay's career. It is STILL his best album since it's release (yes, better than BP3 and WTT and whatever else half *** raps he did since then)...Shout to AntiDope for that.

I personally think Late Registration is Kanye's best album...I know, a lot of people disagree, goign with College Dropout...My issue with College Dropout was Kanye's rapping was sub-par, at best. Beats were on point, but he was such a novice, lyrically, on that album. And his flow still continues to falter...He still does things like singing out syllabals to fill bars and stretching out words and ending raps at 14 and 15 bars instead of filling out the whole 16. Kanye has improved greatly as a rapper, but no kanye album is better than AG. Yes, I said that.

I wonder how much of this argument has to do with age...myself, I'm 28. Does that make me older or younger than most of the people in this thread?

I don't listen to the intro
Pray and American Dreamin were dope. "We need a town, we need it now, we need a place to pitch, we need a mound"...C'mon son...Oh, and don't even get me started on teh Marvin Gaye sample...any of you guys bother to check what Marvin is saying in the sample?

"I never gave head before but there's always the first time you know"

Hello Brooklyn is whack...I understand why it's on the album, but I can certainly do without it

I actually like "No Hook" less than most.

Roc Boys is a good single...Had the homie Nas in the video...I aint complaining

and now here's where the album picks up...

Sweet and They Know have such a 70's heron vibe. From the samples to Jay's lyrics. I absolutely do NOT think that just cuz Neptunes made the beat, it's a classic, and They Know is certainly not their best music together, but both songs are dope nonetheless.

Party Life might be the best song on the album

I prefer the original version of ignorant sheet that didn't have Beans on it, but shout to Jay for getting Beans one more check.

Say Hello is whack, but the album ends with 3 really good songs, especially Blue Magic.

Guess we'll just agree to disagree.

i listen to none of those songs. i haven't enjoyed a jay z album since the blueprint, but its a matter of opinion.

to each his own
Black Album is a certified classic.  RDxBlueprintxBA are all nearly perfect.
Those are his top 3 no question.
Whao...I just peeped some of the responses...Lemme talk my ish again.....

^^First, Kingdome Come was EASILY the worst Jay-Z album ever. Even worse than Watch the Throne, if you count that as a Jay album. Take the intro, I Made it, and (sparingly) Beach Chair...Throw the rest in the hold that Jay-Z dug on that lbum.

Now, on to the topic at hand....

American Gangstar IS/WAS the best album of the second half of Jay's career. It is STILL his best album since it's release (yes, better than BP3 and WTT and whatever else half *** raps he did since then)...Shout to AntiDope for that.

I personally think Late Registration is Kanye's best album...I know, a lot of people disagree, goign with College Dropout...My issue with College Dropout was Kanye's rapping was sub-par, at best. Beats were on point, but he was such a novice, lyrically, on that album. And his flow still continues to falter...He still does things like singing out syllabals to fill bars and stretching out words and ending raps at 14 and 15 bars instead of filling out the whole 16. Kanye has improved greatly as a rapper, but no kanye album is better than AG. Yes, I said that.

I wonder how much of this argument has to do with age...myself, I'm 28. Does that make me older or younger than most of the people in this thread?

I don't listen to the intro
Pray and American Dreamin were dope. "We need a town, we need it now, we need a place to pitch, we need a mound"...C'mon son...Oh, and don't even get me started on teh Marvin Gaye sample...any of you guys bother to check what Marvin is saying in the sample?

"I never gave head before but there's always the first time you know"

Hello Brooklyn is whack...I understand why it's on the album, but I can certainly do without it

I actually like "No Hook" less than most.

Roc Boys is a good single...Had the homie Nas in the video...I aint complaining

and now here's where the album picks up...

Sweet and They Know have such a 70's heron vibe. From the samples to Jay's lyrics. I absolutely do NOT think that just cuz Neptunes made the beat, it's a classic, and They Know is certainly not their best music together, but both songs are dope nonetheless.

Party Life might be the best song on the album

I prefer the original version of ignorant sheet that didn't have Beans on it, but shout to Jay for getting Beans one more check.

Say Hello is whack, but the album ends with 3 really good songs, especially Blue Magic.

Guess we'll just agree to disagree.
A lot of this was on point. Espeically the Late Registration thing, it is his best album, followed by MBDTF. If youre counting Black Album as the back half like I do cause it was after the first 6 then I'm giving it to that.

Last edited:
I don't agree with OP but AG is :smokin

No Hook :smh:
Say Hello.... Toomp killed that **** :smokin
Party Life... swag on a million when I hear it :smokin
Roc Boys :smokin
Ignant ****
etc...

Last edited:
I can't believe the number of people that like FRAUDYE's rhymes after College Dropout.  Just goes to show you how the listener/consumer of hip hop music has tumbled in recent years.

AG the best Album Jay has dropped in the last 10 years tho.

Say Hello, Ignorant s_, No Hook, Fallin, Pray, Party Life >>>>

Say Hello is in my top 10 Jay tracks EASILY. Probably even top 5.

Last edited:
Black Album came out decemeber of 2003 the same day as G-unit Beg For Mercy. TBA is easily better than AG IMO. Classic album hands down.

I can't believe the number of people that like FRAUDYE's rhymes after College Dropout.  Just goes to show you how the listener/consumer of hip hop music has tumbled in recent years.

You can agree that Kanye sounds more polish and refined as an emcee on his later albums. I would on LR he got better lyrically and as a producer got far more creative.

I still don't get the hype about MBDTF. Its a great record but a classic? Kanyes best work? NO

Nothing will top TBA. It would've been flawless if he didn't put Justify My Thug on there. I actually hate DJ Quik for that lol

Back
Top Bottom