american gladiators cancelled

nbc has announced that after their current episode contract that american gladiators will be cancelled, that was quick

how many episodes are they gonna run? i kinda liked the new one but nothing can beat the OG

Ummm source? I don't believe this is true since they had strong ratings on Sunday night.
Also I don't find this canceled story anywhere.

You should be banned, or at least put on timeout, if you can't provide a link to a legit news source.

indifferent.gif

i can totally see it being canceled

major networks pull the plug after one airing many times and i just don't see this show taking up the sunday night or prime time slots

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

I'm calling ducktales.

NBC's remake of "American Gladiators" muscled to a strong start on Sunday. The amateur athletic tournament, based on the early 1990s series, delivered the highest ratings among adults 18 to 49 of any new show this season on any network, matching the debut of "Heroes" in September 2006, Nielsen estimated.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/08/arts/08arts-STRONGDEBUTF_BRF.html?_r=1&ref=arts&oref=slogin

Ultra, you really think it's that bad? I agree, it may not be for everybody. But it's certainly a strong enough show to last for now. If theykeep it interesting by switching up the events every so often and having your so-called "celebrity" shows, it'll do pretty well for theforseeable future.

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

how many episodes are they gonna run? i kinda liked the new one but nothing can beat the OG

first off, OG started out soooo bad, show fine tuned itself after the third season, and had drifted when it went international.

Good start to AG2, but not diggin the announcers...its not like the show needs anymore exaggerations...if you know what I mean

adamle6.jpg
bring Mike back

i think the show sucked but no way they would cancel with those ratings and the money they pumped into the promotion machine for this show

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

I'm calling ducktales.

NBC's remake of "American Gladiators" muscled to a strong start on Sunday. The amateur athletic tournament, based on the early 1990s series, delivered the highest ratings among adults 18 to 49 of any new show this season on any network, matching the debut of "Heroes" in September 2006, Nielsen estimated.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/08/arts/08arts-STRONGDEBUTF_BRF.html?_r=1&ref=arts&oref=slogin
Ultra, you really think it's that bad? I agree, it may not be for everybody. But it's certainly a strong enough show to last for now. If they keep it interesting by switching up the events every so often and having your so-called "celebrity" shows, it'll do pretty well for the forseeable future.

it's not my cup of tea, but considering the competition that's out there, it's not a horrible show imo. it's entertaining and there's adefinite audience for it. i'm surprised by the high ratings, but i'm sure some of it has to do with the nostalgia/novelty of it all.
in syndicationwhen fox aired it (it played on fox 5 in the ny metropolitan area) it was still a young, developing network and it worked for a few years, but i don't seeit taking up a key time slot on a major network like nbc, especially on sunday night.

football is done on nbc sundays til the next season, so i guess they're figuring out ways to fill that slot and bring in viewership, but a csi/law andorder type show or drama usually does well. they're taking advantage due to the writer's strike and testing the waters imo. the tip off for me wasairing a second episode the very next night (monday) after the debut episode.

Until the writer's strike ends this is the kind of TV we'll see in the foreseeable future.

ultrasur1:
i can totally see it being canceled

major networks pull the plug after one airing many times and i just don't see this show taking up the sunday night or prime time slots
ultrasur1:
i don't see it taking up a key time slot on a major network like nbc, especially on sunday night.

football is done on nbc sundays til the next season, so i guess they're figuring out ways to fill that slot and bring in viewership, but a csi/law and order type show or drama usually does well. they're taking advantage due to the writer's strike and testing the waters imo. the tip off for me was airing a second episode the very next night (monday) after the debut episode.
Just wanted to correct you on something, ultra: it's a Monday night show... that premiered on Sunday night. I'm guessing they did this so they could run the first 2 episodes back-to-back, to build interest. Because think about it, if they sayit's a Monday night show (which they have been saying)... that premiers this week (like it did)... then they have to PREMIER the show in the same time slotas the NCAA Football NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.
laugh.gif

So as an alternative, and a way to guarantee more viewers than if they premiered alongside the NCAAF title game, they premier on Sunday night, and still air onMonday night.

And then next week, go as scheduled, with Monday night airings.

But check your listings and you'll see that it's a Monday night show, not Sunday. It just premiered on Sunday.

corrected i stand that it's a monday night show. thanks ska

i think that debuting it on sunday still had some advantage to gain in terms of the network figuring things out for it's lineup considering the currentstrike

Back
Top Bottom