American Millennials are among the world's least skilled.

If you want to call synth pop and all the electro stuff a all time high go ahead but don't confuse over produced for good. There is nobody playing the guitar today like a paige/hendrix/clapton nobody playing the drums like mitchell/moon/bonham nobody slapping the bass harder than flea/geddy/entwistle
most of the music being produced now is literally impossible to play with physical instruments 

thats how much better it is...its like comparing airplanes to bikes 

It's because the nation is spoiled with the things we take for granted.

If people have their backs against the wall, let's see how lazy Americans can still afford to be.

They have the mentality that they can make it without the hard work because they haven't been exposed to the hardships of growing up in less entitled countries.

-Drew
our government wont let desperation get out of control here. thats how THEY would end up losing control

If you want to call synth pop and all the electro stuff a all time high go ahead but don't confuse over produced for good. There is nobody playing the guitar today like a paige/hendrix/clapton nobody playing the drums like mitchell/moon/bonham nobody slapping the bass harder than flea/geddy/entwistle

That's because there's no demand for that in 2015. Music evolves, adapts to new people and new demands. The opportunity cost of becoming the next Jimi Hendrix, the next John Bonham, etc. is not there -> is it any wonder why "nobody is playing the guitar like paige/hendrix/clapton ... slapping the bass harder than flea/geddy/entwistle"?

There were no Frank Sinatra's when you were growing up, and that's because the music of your generation was interested in a different style, a different sound. But you didn't care, because you were interested in the music that you were interested in. People that were born after 1990 aren't driven to listen to what sparked the generation behind us (in the same way you weren't diving into the music from those behind you), meaning we're not going to have prodigies from that generation go blow for blow with Hendrix.

Last edited:
If you mean physically skilled as in construction, mechanics, electrical wiring, etc. Of that I would agree. But we have different skills for the first world in which we live.

Last edited:
If you mean physically skilled as in construction, mechanics, electrical wiring, etc. Of that I would agree. But we have different skills for the first world in which we live.
Exactly. Technology allows us to adapt and change. I'm pretty sure most can't whip butter like they used to back in the G. Doesn't mean we're less skilled. Just have a different set of skills.

That's because there's no demand for that in 2015. Music evolves, adapts to new people and new demands. The opportunity cost of becoming the next Jimi Hendrix, the next John Bonham, etc. is not there -> is it any wonder why "nobody is playing the guitar like paige/hendrix/clapton ... slapping the bass harder than flea/geddy/entwistle"?

There were no Frank Sinatra's when you were growing up, and that's because the music of your generation was interested in a different style, a different sound. But you didn't care, because you were interested in the music that you were interested in. People that were born after 1990 aren't driven to listen to what sparked the generation behind us (in the same way you weren't diving into the music from those behind you), meaning we're not going to have prodigies from that generation go blow for blow with Hendrix.

I was born in 88 papi. I listen to music from today and music from past generations enjoy both but nobody could tell me the music is better today. As I said most of that synth pop/ hip hop is over produced

Last edited:
most of the music being produced now is literally impossible to play with physical instruments 

thats how much better it is...its like comparing airplanes to bikes 

So because most of the music that's made on computer now is literaly impossible to play on live instruments that makes it better??? No it makes it over produced. Less is more b.

Comparing music from previous generations is pointless. There are people who think 80's music is better than the 90's. And others vice versa. And music has come a long way. As a genre of music gets older, it becomes harder and harder to create innovative music that may change the game. That doesn't mean the musicians of today are worse.

Last edited:
all you old people can keep your skills and your underentitled opinions, I'm getting my Ph.D. in Street Smarts. Yesterday's generation was all about rags-to-riches, today we talkin' bout Walmart-to-Wall Street.

For real though: has anyone questioned the validity of the Princeton ETS?

Even the best-educated Millennials stateside couldn’t compete with their counterparts in Japan, Finland, South Korea, Belgium, Sweden, or elsewhere. With a master’s degree, for example, Americans scored higher in numeracy than peers in just three countries: Ireland, Poland, and Spain. Altogether, the top U.S. Gen Yers, in the 90th percentile, “scored lower than their counterparts in 15 countries,” the report notes, “and only scored higher than their peers in Spain.”

Japan, Finland, and South Korea are also some of the most homogeneous countries in the world. Of course we can't compete because the cultural differences are much more than a test.

In my opinion, we need to stop making these global comparisons of education levels. We have different needs in this country than the rest of those countries. This "millennials" test has done nothing except perpetuate the neverending cycle of "the new generation ain't have it as bad as the last one." Well no **** millennials have more **** going for them. Just over a hundred years ago, kids were working in plants and not going to school or getting to play Minecraft on their iPads. Of course the way of life has improved.

http://eh.net/encyclopedia/child-labor-in-the-united-states/

Can't believe people think the answer to the country's problems is blaming kids who don't know any better than what's been taught to them. Acting like young people are the only ones ******* **** up. We have geriatric Senators who blatantly refuse to use email and are proud about it, and the majority of Congress (GOP) are in denial about climate change. There are dumb people and unskilled people all across the board. Last thing I'll say: If we are the least skilled, then what does that say about the people born before our time? Got to teach the young how to do better and give them better opportunities we never had, not throw them under the bus, if we want this country to keep the same luxuries of life.

Music production is at an all time high, lyrics, messages and concepts however are the opposite

Music is trash now, there is no originality in music. There was a computer analysis done about 2-3 years back and it showed that no matter the genre, the beats and background music is almost identical in ever song. It has never been this bad.

But in all honesty I'm not shocked by this. I've seen too many student be great at studying for exams but when it comes to bringing back some of those concepts a semester or 2 later in a different class which is highly relevant, barely anyone remembers it. Also, most majors don't teach problems solving the way you have to at times in certain fields. And yes, Generation X and the Baby Boomers with their leadership and parenting are to blame for this. They fostered this sort of environment.

Last edited:
Music is trash now, there is no originality in music. There was a computer analysis done about 2-3 years back and it showed that no matter the genre, the beats and background music is almost identical in ever song. It has never been this bad.

Source?

I can't remember it was published on the Thompson Reuters website. I'm going to try to find it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/26/us-science-music-idUSBRE86P0R820120726

So this applies to pop, which makes my post semi wrong I admit. But at the same time there is little difference between pop, electonica, and even hip hop now. They all borrow they same sounds and to me it all sounds the same. People will defend the music of their generation but it's hard to argue it.

Last edited:
Lol. Milennial asks to be referred to what somebody was talking about, older person brings back his basis and admits he's "semi-wrong."

Again, these are the same people who fostered the millennials.

Either way, the same chord changes have been used all throughout time. There's videos on youtube that show it. All genres use the same elements, they're just repackaged in a different way, only different instruments are used. I hate when folks look at the past and have selective memories and just ignore all the garbage that came out in their favorite periods of music. Especially the 90's worship.

Ya'll just getting old bros.

Either way, the same chord changes have been used all throughout time. There's videos on youtube that show it. All genres use the same elements, they're just repackaged in a different way, only different instruments are used. I hate when folks look at the past and have selective memories and just ignore all the garbage that came out in their favorite periods of music. Especially the 90's worship.

Ya'll just getting old bros.

Fam when a musician from this generation could manipulate the guitar like this the. Let's talk. The gawd told a story with his skills no computer necessary. All man made.
[/]VIDEO]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom