Americans need to stay away from DR. right now.. vol. wtf is going on over in the Dominican Republic

i get in my conspiracy bag when it comes to those dna kits
i dont trust them
Trust me, we might share the same belief about those kits too. Just curious to know.
My co-worker did one and it showed she had the some Nigerian roots in here blood almost 48% .

I don’t need to do one cause I’m sure the kit will tell I’m 99.9% Nigerian. But of course with your ancestors history going through the middle passage it will be mind opening to found out where your roots come from. It could be Nigerian, Ghana, benin etc...

Trust me, we might share the same belief about those kits too. Just curious to know.
My co-worker did one and it showed she had the some Nigerian roots in here blood almost 48% .

I don’t need to do one cause I’m sure the kit will tell I’m 99.9% Nigerian. But of course with your ancestors history going through the middle passage it will be mind opening to found out where your roots come from. It could be Nigerian, Ghana, benin etc...
What do you think mine would say 8)

Reported.
CB431DA8-C6B8-46BA-BC05-BEEF7E858E01.jpeg

Curious have you ever done a ancestry dna kit to see your roots?

I don’t trust those kits and most of it are wrong.

Don’t need to, both side of my family took the time to research and have documentation proof of my ancestors. Took a while but it’s worth seeing a real family tree.

Last edited:
Just cause it didn't happen doesn't mean it's not stupid. Gotta stay low in 3rd world countries when vacationing like ninja said. Tourists usually have the luxury of ignorance and most criminals stay away because of the police pressure but still doesn't mean you can't get got. Being from the caribbean whenever i vacation there the lady always wants to go to some local street party or some **** and just nope. Maybe without her or on my island with some local folk i know.

I only feel this comfort after visiting the place over 10 times, so it practically feels like home, I move in and out just as if I was here in the states, so I practice the same type of caution I would here, I’m not saying I walk around like Migos, all I’m saying is that if you feel safe doing that walking through a street in Manhattan like that, you will be able to do the same in Punta Cana and nobody will stick you up, it just doesn’t happen, that town has a very divisive vibe, like I keep telling everyone, the only locals there are just trying to make a living...this isn’t an affordable town for any actual Dominicans, so you won’t come across your common criminal there, however the town over on the other side of the main road is a completely different world...there ain’t no resorts there or Airbnb’s and is not beach front....there you will have that third world vibe and there you will get snatched...I only go there if I need a haircut or my wife needs her hair done and don’t go “deep” into that little town.

Maybe you need to get robbed so you can have a level of humility. Stuntin like that :lol:

You missing the point and not actually reading what I’m saying, I walk around in swimming trunks and a tee majority of the time, in this specific instance I was left stranded by my cab who bailed on picking me up for the airport early AF and I couldn’t get another cab at that time, only this guy, so I was coming back home, hence I have all my **** on me, not saying that’s how I walk around all the time, but just showing ya, certain places are very safe and Punta Cana is one of them....as long as you are aware of your surroundings and know how to read situations you will be safe anywhere....I refuse to travel feeling paranoid all the time...no point in that, might as well stay trapped in the bubble of your own home, same with traveling and not stepping outside resort grounds, waste of money.

Heard about this earlier this week. Was thinking of going later this summer too for the first time. I'm running now.

Word go to Santiago wearing all that ish, they’ll pull right up on their motorcycle and snatch ya chain and your phone right off of you and dip before you realize what the hell happen tourist or not.

I’ve saw my first murder when I was 3 there

I have been speaking specifically on Punta Cana/Bávaro/Altagracia town, NOT the entirety of the Dominican Republic...

I wouldn’t walk around the hoods of the capital with even my phone in my hand, when I’ve stood with my in-laws in their house in this place called La Isabelita my mominlaw stripper me down to a tee and shorts and sandals to go outside to the store down the block...these ain’t places for outsiders and your best bet is to blend in as much as you can and not stand out....least till you are no longer an unfamiliar face, I’m sure is the same with santiago...those places donot have the same vibe as Samana, Punta Cana.

damb thats crazy that happen... i go to DR every december for vacay for 5 days and usually always stay in the resorts... been going for the past decade but hit up different resorts every time...i went to majestic 2 years ago and it was actually my favorite resort out of the ones i visited... i actually wanted to go there a second time this year but nevermind... i had a bad experience last year the service was bad, food and workers were kinda rude...never go to paradisus yall...maybe it was the resort i went to but makes me turned off to not go to DR again... this news doesnt help much

People say if you know how to move all the time in tourist related, travel threads all the time

What does this mean tho? How am I supposed to know how to move in a different country? continent and so forth?

I think it comes down to this and I practice this every time I travel, the same way you are being sized down by a local, you gotta size the locals down and recognize who’s trying to mark you and let them know YOU KNOW....once they see your awareness they will legit not waste their time.

One time I went to DR with my boys, I warned them of panhandlers and dudes that will cling on to you if you even smirk their way or nod your head...I told them, the second one of these cats approaches, flat out tell them to leave ya alone RUDELY....is the only thing that works....they however couldn’t grasp the concept and one of my boys legit had to give up his fitted to some kid that wouldn’t leave him alooooneee hassling him and had clinged on to him...so I guess technically he was robbed, these dudes take up your personal space and won’t leave you alone and you usually end up either giving them cash to leave you alone or an item of clothing...lmao THATS the type of robbery youll encounter if you don’t know how to move and repel these cats.

In Cartagena I didn’t practice this once and had this guy selling cheap little bracelets follow me and my wife every ***** where with sob stories till I legit overpaid for some bs bracelet for this cat to simply leave us alone.

damb thats crazy that happen... i go to DR every december for vacay for 5 days and usually always stay in the resorts... been going for the past decade but hit up different resorts every time...i went to majestic 2 years ago and it was actually my favorite resort out of the ones i visited... i actually wanted to go there a second time this year but nevermind... i had a bad experience last year the service was bad, food and workers were kinda rude...never go to paradisus yall...maybe it was the resort i went to but makes me turned off to not go to DR again... this news doesnt help much

You can’t judge DR if you’ve never set foot outside the resort bro, life outside those walls is completely different, give it a try one more time but rent an Airbnb, dm me, I have a couple of spots I usually stay at and this little town is super cute with lots of different restaurants/bars

Legit out of all the places I’ve visited I never felt more like a mark than when I was walking down Bourbon....just felt like a walking target...that place is far sketchier than a 3rd world country..

Legit out of all the places I’ve visited I never felt more like a mark than when I was walking down Bourbon....just felt like a walking target...that place is far sketchier than a 3rd world country..

Hey man don’t put my city out there like that :lol:

Native New Orleanians don’t be on burbon :lol: That street is 90% tourists.

It’s outside of it you should worry about.

Call it paranoia, street smarts, common sense...I move the same in foreign countries like I do when I am in another city in the US that I am not familiar with. Keep your head on the swivel, don't disrespect anybody, and stay quiet. You do all those things you can still enjoy the places you are at but also not make yourself a target.

Huh???
I don’t think u get what I’m saying
I’m not saying don’t go anywhere
And that diversity is boring or anything like that
I’m just saying like how a Filipino
Can take a vacation and go to the Philippines and be around everyone that looks like them
Or Mexican can go to Mexico and be around only people that look like them
Or a Chinese person take a vacation to China and experience the same thing
I wanna go to Africa so I can see a continent of people that look like me
That’s all I’m saying

Africans ain't looking at us like we one of them bro. There's a cultural gap.

I get what you're saying about being around people that look like you tho.

Last edited:
I just remembered this one story my aunt told me that happened to her in Santiago. She’s a local and she had just brought this small gold chain and stepped out to the store down the block quick, but she forgot to take off the chain. As she was walking two dudes on a motorcycle pull up and snatch the chain and dip. My aunt mad as hell yells at the top of her lungs “It’s fake anyways!” and the dudes hear her and they come back and smack her and give her chain back(which wasn’t fake btw) :rofl:

Damn. Smacked her like she was at fault. :smh:

My friends went to dr for a bachelor party. They got around town with the family of the fiancé and said they had shotguns in the cars.

Damn. Smacked her like she was at fault. :smh:

My friends went to dr for a bachelor party. They got around town with the family of the fiancé and said they had shotguns in the cars.

Yeah older Dominican dudes stay with canons, is a very common thing within the towns where all the locals are, in touristy spots, there is no need for that.

Knew a chick who went to DR to get new cheeks and was found in a state of decomposition a few weeks later. Sad. Happened a couple years back.

Back
Top Bottom