Americas First Fully Automated Restaurant (McDonalds)

That’s dope! I wouldn’t mind seeing a couple of these in a major city to see how the AI works towards that type of demand

There's something about Elly, idk what it is, but I feel like she's a good person
Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 8.52.46 AM.png

That’s dope! I wouldn’t mind seeing a couple of these in a major city to see how the AI works towards that type of demand

Better than dealing with the lack of customer service at McDonald's
Damn y’all really rocking with this?

This is the start of something bad.

Damn y’all really rocking with this?

This is the start of something bad.

Are you saying this purely from a jobs perspective.

I am kind of confused of how it is FULLY automated, though. Is that just the service portion? I imagine there have to be some individuals (at least 1-2) on-site for tech support or if things go awry.

Are you saying this purely from a jobs perspective.

I am kind of confused of how it is FULLY automated, though. Is that just the service portion? I imagine there have to be some individuals (at least 1-2) on-site for tech support or if things go awry.
Primarily from a jobs perspective. Even if it’s just a few techs there, that’s still a bad look.

Primarily from a jobs perspective. Even if it’s just a few techs there, that’s still a bad look.

From my experience and what I have gathered, most if not all corporations would vote in favor of robots over humans for manual labor and/or high paying jobs. Doesn’t apply to McDonalds workers but especially in fields/professions with a strong union presence.

But this is just the direction where we’re headed. I look at toddlers and wonder if they’ll ever have to learn how to type with advancements in voice recognition or what they’ll do when there is 60% unemployment. It won’t happen over night but this become the norm rather than the exception sooner than we may expect.

From my experience and what I have gathered, most if not all corporations would vote in favor of robots over humans for manual labor and/or high paying jobs. Doesn’t apply to McDonalds workers but especially in fields/professions with a strong union presence.

But this is just the direction where we’re headed. I look at toddlers and wonder if they’ll ever have to learn how to type with advancements in voice recognition or what they’ll do when there is 60% unemployment. It won’t happen over night but this become the norm rather than the exception sooner than we may expect.
Oh I know. Robots don’t talk back, take sick days, ask for raises and so forth. Let’s not even mention the record profits company’s would make if they’d replace workers with robots.

I expect this to be the norm as well but I didn’t see it happening this quick. Dems going to have to push the issue on universal basic income

Oh I know. Robots don’t talk back, take sick days, ask for raises and so forth. Let’s not even mention the record profits company’s would make if they’d replace workers with robots.

I expect this to be the norm as well but I didn’t see it happening this quick. Dems going to have to push the issue on universal basic income

For sure! I think it will be a bit longer before we see it in the heavy industrials and manufacturing industries such as construction, aerospace, automotive, materials, etc. because if you get it wrong in those people die and from a corporation’s perspective it is a pain in the *** dealing with recalls. They are all pouring tons of money into it and are close but there is no margin for error so they have to get it 100% right. Just look at how Tesla has been clowned recently for not being on point with their deployed automation

1) if you can't tolerate an interaction with another human being long enough to get a 5 minute cheeseburger I'm not sure you deserve to eat anything until you go to your room and think about what you did.

2) it's a real indictment of our society's design that possibly getting rid of these tedious busywork jobs is a source of fear.

3) I firmly believe we'll see food lotteries and suicide booths before any form of UBI.

😂 this ain’t it.

Self Checkouts

Automated answering machines when you need customer service but instead you get the 10 min runaround or pressing 1 for…..

None of those were improvements.

This won’t be either.

And when those millions of burger flippers y’all like to clown can’t find work….

Y’all better get a moat

1) if you can't tolerate an interaction with another human being long enough to get a 5 minute cheeseburger I'm not sure you deserve to eat anything until you go to your room and think about what you did.

2) it's a real indictment of our society's design that possibly getting rid of these tedious busywork jobs is a source of fear.

3) I firmly believe we'll see food lotteries and suicide booths before any form of UBI.

1. I don’t think this decision has anything to do with customer intolerance. It is mostly about the company attempting to maximize shareholder value.

2. I agree but unfortunately millions rely on these jobs to survive. There is too much blame to go around for me to call out anyone specifically right now.

3. This is depressing.

😂 this ain’t it.

Self Checkouts

Automated answering machines when you need customer service but instead you get the 10 min runaround or pressing 1 for…..

None of those were improvements.

This won’t be either.

And when those millions of burger flippers y’all like to clown can’t find work….

Y’all better get a moat

Self checkouts aren’t bad IMO. Automated answering machines are the bane of my existence particularly when they MANDATE you use voice and there are no options to press a button.

I don’t think this is an improvement. I know that. You know that. McDonalds know that too but they also know it is cheaper for them and people won’t stop eating McDonalds because of it there margins will ultimately increase so why not.

Moats won’t be enough to save you.

UBI on a wide scale will probably not exist in our lifetimes but progressive areas will implement it. In Cali, a couple cities have ran test trials.

feels like as we drift further into an automated society, UBI may become normalized.

not necessarily a good thing, but still. coupled with the advancements in AI and the lack of major public discourse on the ethics of the field it’s looking real weird.

Back
Top Bottom