Amtrak Train derails in Philly at least 50 hurt

Officials are saying a projectile hit another train 4 minutes before the crash causing that train to be shut down, no one was hurt.

I hope this doesn't come out as some terrorist activity

Im hearing 6 are dead now. And they're bringing in cranes to lift the train cars and they fear there may be more dead bodies trapped underneath them.

I hate to be the families of the victims waiting to hear from someone. Amtrak doesn't keep an accurate manifest and has an open door policy. You can literally buy tickets under someone else's name and get on the train

Sent my prayers out to the victims and their families. :frown:

I read that there was a similar train derailment accident that occurred at the same site back in 1943. What.... :smh:

-Drew

I knew something big happened last night when I saw the undercover cars zooming by. A friends coworker is unaccounted for, hopefully they find her safely.

I'm just a ignorant ***** from the midwest, but is travel from NY, Philly, DC ect on trains really the biz?

Never really thought how small the north east was and how many major cities where so close to each other.

I'm just a ignorant ***** from the midwest, but is travel from NY, Philly, DC ect on trains really the biz?

Never really thought how small the north east was and how many major cities where so close to each other.
they are just far enough where trains make more sense...driving from DC to Philly is about 2 hours and i think NY is about 2 hours from Philly...also have to factor in that 95 traffic...

Acela is a popular method of travel for business folks that go between NY and DC...

Yeah, watch that 60 Minutes story on how there is barely any funding to fix up bridges in the country. Government would rather spend money on othef stuff.
have to feed that war machine... smh

So train was going 100 mph around that crave which had a reduced speed of 50 mph

Engineer is gonna be in some heat and he's not cooperating apparently

Yeah, watch that 60 Minutes story on how there is barely any funding to fix up bridges in the country. Government would rather spend money on othef stuff.

course theres no funding, it goes to bailing out people who do nothing. infrastructure and military and technology will keep us ahead.

Read this is the busiest line for Amtrak nationwide. If the cause is outdated tracks then hopefully this a wake up call for our government.

It's really only a matter of time when a bridge collapses next.

Back
Top Bottom