Amy Winehouse "Back to Black" is Proabably one of the Best Albums That I Have Ever Heard

Her voice is sooooooo
eek.gif

pimp.gif

The production is sooooooo
eek.gif
pimp.gif

this album was genius.

I have to admit when i first bought the album back in 06 i didnt expect much.

but man oh man this album ended up being a classic for me.

One of my favorite albums ever
smile.gif
 It's very well produced and Amy's voice was the perfect match for it. Timeless is what I would call this album cause I haven't grown tired of it after dropping 4 years ago. It's sad how her life ended but after listening to Back to Black will make you feel like it was almost supposed to happen, she was definitely bout that life. I miss you Amy
embarassed.gif

I am one of those guys that caught on to the hype late. I just lumped her in the same catagory as Lady Gaga and other pop stars I hate. When she died, I finally took some time to find out what the fuss was about and I have to say I was blown away. She has a soul to her that I did not know just from how she looked. I feel like she comes from that old Diana Ross era or something. Anyway, I am just sad now I couldn't see her live cause her live stuff is equally as good.

And speaking of Lady Gaga, I am not even a fan but I heard this on Howard Stern and she really is a talanted singer and musician.

laugh.gif
at lumping her into the same category as Amy Winehouse. I don't really see any similarities other than they both are extremely talented vocally. Although there are rumors that Gaga will be playing Winehouse in an upcoming film about her life.

Her voice was amazing and aside from Adele the best singer of the past 10 years. 'Tears Dry On Their Own' and 'He Can Only Hold Her' are probably two of my favorite songs of all time. I really hope more material of hers leaks in the future. Frank's pretty damn good too, just a little more pop-ly. And 'Valerie' off of Mark Ronson's LP... C'mon son.

Played this for a straight week after her death. It helped, a lot.

Remember playing it out when I was going through some %%%%. It helped then, too.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

laugh.gif
at lumping her into the same category as Amy Winehouse. I don't really see any similarities other than they both are extremely talented vocally. Although there are rumors that Gaga will be playing Winehouse in an upcoming film about her life.

Her voice was amazing and aside from Adele the best singer of the past 10 years. 'Tears Dry On Their Own' and 'He Can Only Hold Her' are probably two of my favorite songs of all time. I really hope more material of hers leaks in the future. Frank's pretty damn good too, just a little more pop-ly. And 'Valerie' off of Mark Ronson's LP... C'mon son.

I meant I did that without listening to her music and only listening to her radio hit Rehab. I thought the rest of her album would consists of pop beats but I had no idea her genre catered to blues and soul. It was quite refreshing to hear once I was wrong.

definitely on of my favorite albums...i wish she was able to pull it together and make another one...her+Mark+Salaam was one of the best combos i've heard i a long time.

Frank > Back to Black.

Back to Black is in my top 10 and I don't even think it's close to Frank. Let that marinate.

Back
Top Bottom