An interesting perspective of college majors (pic)

I guess im in the mid tier with computers not bad ehhh
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by moneymike88

I saw this pic browsing another site but I'm kind of disappointed that my major isnt in the God tier
laugh.gif
, Marketing and Business management btw
Spoiler [+]
2mzla2f.jpg

What's your opinion of the ratings of the majors?

I can see why Business studies/IT would be low lol, its so saturated right now, unless you go to one of the better schools in the nation then yeah. 

in terms of jobs
but when it comes to intellectual progression the list would be a bit different

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Kinesiology? All the people I know that majored in that are PE Teachers
laugh.gif

Pretty much. It is what I majored in. If I could, I'd go back to school and get a different degree and/or go to graduate school and also go to a bigger school.

I haven't even been working in that field, I got some CompTIA certs and have been in IT since like Jr yr of college. Sucks, because progression for me is very limited since I'd have to start from ground floor if I went to the field I majored in, and not really having the credentials to continue to climb in the IT world. I'm 25, kind of old to start all over.

statistics? really?

at my school , there was maybe 6-7 students to a classroom in the upper level stat classes. Kind of sad actually. WIth a 22,000 undergrad class, you'd think the stat classes would be more full but it was something to be seen.

good to know I chose something valuable

OLD 4chan picture is old.
For the most part the whole picture is true. geology/kines should be switched and Business should be in the poop tier.

The hard sciences will deliver and have delivered more than any other major. Without the god-tier, businessmen can't make a dime. I have many friends that are 5th years that are in the god tier, they don't have much social life, but they deserve even more props than a business major. I just graduated with a business degree and have a job in my field.

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

If the American university didn't become synonymous with trade school, majors like History and English wouldn't have such poor reputations. Those are challenging and rewarding majors to those in that field. If my motive when I entered school wasn't to find a job and I just wanted to study something I was interested in, I'd probably have fallen in the lower rungs.
QFT. I'm about to graduate with a Kinesiology degree because it interests me but thank God i'll be going to Dental school soon because there isn't much to do with that degree unless you go on to some sort of graduate school.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

where does dentistry fall?

anyone?

Nowhere. It's not a major.

thats my point, how do you classify it as a major?
lol, lets be real you got caught slippin'. That's not your point.

but any science major involving chem, bio, or physics would probably fall in God tier. I would imagine pre-dentistry requirements would be almost the same as pre-med.

anyone?

but any science major involving chem, bio, or physics would probably fall in God tier. I would imagine pre-dentistry requirements would be almost the same as pre-med.

indifferent.gif
 it was my point i just didnt know what major it was, thats why i said "how do you classify it as a major?" 
laugh.gif

thannks tho
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Nothin But Net 87

What if you major in philosophy or political science but go to law school which is a "top tier"
no one cares what you majored in undergrad once you have a graduate degree

anyone?

indifferent.gif
 it was my point i just didnt know what major it was, thats why i said "how do you classify it as a major?" 
laugh.gif

thannks tho
smile.gif
What do you mean? IF you knew anything in regards to Med school or Dental school then you know it is basically graduate school and that is is not a major. You can major in anything to get into Med school or Dental school just as long as you complete the pre-requisite classes. The list is made up of COLLEGE majors, hence undergraduate majors so you really can't compare it to any of those listed, but since your so deadset on classifying it, I would guess  God Tier since medicine is under that tier and I would classify Dental under Medicine.

Back
Top Bottom