An interesting perspective of college majors (pic)

99% of business majors don't even start their own business. being an entrepreneur requires a special skill set, some that cannot be taught.

the list looks right to me, although i'd put kinesiology a bit higher since it's close to medicine.

Hmm interesting. I don't know where this is from, but it pretty much sums up what I think of other majors. I hate being bias or judgmental, but I can't help it, I am. God tier FTW!!!

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

where does dentistry fall?

anyone?

Nowhere. It's not a major.

thats my point, how do you classify it as a major?
lol, lets be real you got caught slippin'. That's not your point.

but any science major involving chem, bio, or physics would probably fall in God tier. I would imagine pre-dentistry requirements would be almost the same as pre-med.

indifferent.gif
 it was my point i just didnt know what major it was, thats why i said "how do you classify it as a major?" 
laugh.gif

thannks tho
smile.gif

got em.

back on topic.  it would closely be associated with medicine.

Originally Posted by toast1985

I'm surprised to see Economics rated so low.

Me too... but I agree with most of them if seen from a societal standpoint.
Econ/history/integrated marketing communications here

Didn't realize pre-med Bio was God tier.
Agreed seeing that most people don't finish pre-med Bio and transfer out the program by their 3rd semester.

If the American university didn't become synonymous with trade school, majors like History and English wouldn't have such poor reputations. Those are challenging and rewarding majors to those in that field. If my motive when I entered school wasn't to find a job and I just wanted to study something I was interested in, I'd probably have fallen in the lower rungs.
Agreed. Pretty much why the American education system is piss poor. Sure we have great universities but people aren't going to college to learn. Their essentially paying for job training and then looking for said job.

That list is idiotic.

This as well. You can find people in each tier that didn't become +++%. I find it hilarious that they put CS and IT in the lower tiers but have Astronomy at the top of the list.

I'm surprised to see Economics rated so low.

People don't take it serious because its a social science. However these are the same people that would drop a 300 level Econ course after the first week because it requires thinking and you can't use a computer or algorithm to get the answer.

Regardless of everything, you're more than likely to not work in the field you majored in when you graduate when you look at how the dominoes have fallen recently.

That's a terrible representation. How do you have kinesiology in the mid tier? That should be in the basement...bunch of people wanting to become phys ed teachers. I've taken 3 or 4 kin classes as electives, easiest A's in my college career. All of the low tier ones, except psych, should be at least top tier. And "law" isn't a major.

Relax yall..it's just for lulz, not actually a serious graphic from like the government or anything
laugh.gif
While some of it may be true (mostly based on common sense of certain majors resulting in higher paying jobs), I wouldn't take it too seriously. It uses "God Tier" for cryin out loud
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It looks like this was made in MS paint by a dude in a basement, if anyone uses this to determine what your degree is worth needs a wake up call. People actually sad because thier major isn't listed "God" is wacky. Plus "Law" is one the top? and who goes to law school? All majors.

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Relax yall..it's just for lulz, not actually a serious graphic from like the government or anything
laugh.gif
While some of it may be true (mostly based on common sense of certain majors resulting in higher paying jobs), I wouldn't take it too seriously. It uses "God Tier" for cryin out loud
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

true. btw Business Management major, visual art minor!
laugh.gif

but like someone said before, once you hit graduate school your bachelor doesnt mean jack!

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

I would think Computer Science would be rated higher. CS is no joke imo.

co-sign. CS majors have to basically take all the math and sciences engineering majors take. At least at my school we did. Majority of the engineering majors belong in the "god-tier" aside from civil. Civil is probably the easiest and even easier than comp sci. All the people that can't handle Me or Ee always ends up going to civil.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Interesting to me that they consider Psychology low tier.
As someone with a psychology degree I'm surprised it isn't the lowest tier. There are very few jobs available for in your field with only a bachelor in Psychology; excluding the few who get into human factors or low to mid level research. Psy degree just basically says "I can work retail upper-management"

As far as intellectual importance it's rated number 1 IMO.  As a law student, and a human being in general, I couldn't think of a more advantageous field than learning about the human brain. Whether it's the cognitive theories on memory, learning, and recall, to social psy theories that give me an heads up with social situations, the possible benefits Psychology can have with your day to day life is immense.

Originally Posted by LiveFree

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Interesting to me that they consider Psychology low tier.
As someone with a psychology degree I'm surprised it isn't the lowest tier. There are very few jobs available for in your field with only a bachelor in Psychology; excluding the few who get into human factors or low to mid level research. Psy degree just basically says "I can work retail upper-management"

As far as intellectual importance it's rated number 1 IMO.  As a law student, and a human being in general, I couldn't think of a more advantageous field than learning about the human brain. Whether it's the cognitive theories on memory, learning, and recall, to social psy theories that give me an heads up with social situations, the possible benefits Psychology can have with your day to day life is immense.

I only completed 201 but halfway through the course I realized this, fascinating stuff.

If the American university didn't become synonymous with trade school, majors like History and English wouldn't have such poor reputations. Those are challenging and rewarding majors to those in that field. If my motive when I entered school wasn't to find a job and I just wanted to study something I was interested in, I'd probably have fallen in the lower rungs.

agreed...the university is slowly becoming like public high schools where they teach complete conformity. I'm a history major considering law school and the history department at my university is dwindling.

this list isn't saying anything....there is no such major as 'Law'
eyes.gif

I have to disagree because I read somewhere that econ and philosophy majors are among the highest paid bachelors degrees out there. I'm a Political Science major and while it is most likely low tier in the rest of the country I would say it isn't in DC Metro area. Government jobs ftw!

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

Inversely proportional to social life.

This is ridiculously false and narrow minded. If you think being jobless is having a social life, then it might be true. There are plenty of people who work 60 hour weeks, make 250k and have great social lives.

Originally Posted by Stillmatic23

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

Inversely proportional to social life.

This is ridiculously false and narrow minded. If you think being jobless is having a social life, then it might be true. There are plenty of people who work 60 hour weeks, make 250k and have great social lives.
You completely missed the point. We're talking about "while in school". 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom