An interesting perspective of college majors (pic)

i20fg1.jpg

Mathematics would have to be the most versatile major.

You can be a doctor, engineer, professor, businessman with that degree.

having thought about it, aside from job versatility, all that "god tier" stuff really isnt that serious unless you get a PhD in them and how many people really do that?

Originally Posted by Stillmatic23

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

Inversely proportional to social life.

This is ridiculously false and narrow minded. If you think being jobless is having a social life, then it might be true. There are plenty of people who work 60 hour weeks, make 250k and have great social lives.

I actually want him to elaborate on it a little more

Originally Posted by moneymike88

This is ridiculously false and narrow minded. If you think being jobless is having a social life, then it might be true. There are plenty of people who work 60 hour weeks, make 250k and have great social lives.

im not him but ill take a stab at it

my guess is that what he's talking about is that all the college graduates you would think of that are "balling out" in todays society major inversely proportional to that list, and by balling out im not talking 6 figure lifestyles

business and economics which ill throw accounting and finance under are obvious, and computer science and "maybe" IT with todays tech age, and maybe even throw in a lot of those "*%*@ tiers" for actors

think about these fat-money industries of these tiers like physics, chemistry, engineering, and you theyre probably overseen by CEOs and CFOs etc of "business" people

hopefully he does come back explain though

Law isn't exactly a major though, and many history/poli sci majors eventually go into law. That's kind of a stupid chart.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by moneymike88

im not him but ill take a stab at it

my guess is that what he's talking about is that all the college graduates you would think of that are "balling out" in todays society major inversely proportional to that list, and by balling out im not talking 6 figure lifestyles

business and economics which ill throw accounting and finance under are obvious, and computer science and "maybe" IT with todays tech age, and maybe even throw in a lot of those "*%*@ tiers" for actors

think about these fat-money industries of these tiers like physics, chemistry, engineering, and you theyre probably overseen by CEOs and CFOs etc of "business" people

hopefully he does come back explain though
hopefully
laugh.gif

i've actually heard a saying that a student college grads are supervised by c student college grads...im not sure how accurate that is or even if im saying it right

laugh.gif
smh.gif
 @ You guys taking this "list" as the Gospel. It's just someones opinion, hell it isnt even a biased US today study.
 Plus at the end of the day what you become in life has more to do with you as a person than a piece of paper on your wall.

I'd be interested to know whether the list is based on difficult or earning potential. Either way, it's pretty stupid...

Which each passing day, I realize more and more that majoring in Psychology will be a bad idea
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

If the American university didn't become synonymous with trade school, majors like History and English wouldn't have such poor reputations. Those are challenging and rewarding majors to those in that field. If my motive when I entered school wasn't to find a job and I just wanted to study something I was interested in, I'd probably have fallen in the lower rungs.
Indeed.That's really what they are these days, trade schools, a far cry from what they were founded for.
I majored in Business and Liberal Arts and found the Liberal Arts degree to be more stimulating from an intellectual standpoint.

I agree with that pic. I'm back in school for engineering (I would like to get into robotics) starting from scratch basically.

To dudes talking about a social life
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Good luck paying your bills and affording a decent lifestyle with your fun-loving major.

***$ a party, gimme the loot.

Back
Top Bottom