AND 1 - Discussion / New Releases [ 2007 Samples pg.17 ]

Thanks for the info on them closing down. I was debating on getting a pair of their new high-ends, but was going to wait until soring to see what next yearheld for further development, but now I will be getting Onslaughts or Wonders, probably wonders because the look a little more supportive.

wowww...i need a pair of onslaughts...

i'm really disappoitned that And1 is closing their performance division...

Please help me NT, i want to buy an AND1 shoe, i need your opinions... I'm thinkin' ONE of these shoes on the list - Edge Low, Franchise Mid, OnslaughtMid and Mystique Mid...

What's the BEST AND1 shoe on the List in terms of playing it OUTDOORS and for GUARDS (runs and plays defense a lot) and lastly the one that's veryDURABLE... Hope you all can help me on this...

Thanks in advance...

I've played in all 4 of those, and I think the Mystique would be best for the descripton you gave. The Trinity Tech. gives a very natural feelunderfoot, though is definitely not as soft as something L2G or Zoom Based. But the outsole is extremely durable, and the honeycomb inserts/tongue providegreat ventilation.

I dig the Onslaughts more overall, though I don't think the softer outsole could stand up to constant outdoor wear.

Onslaughts for 80 plus shipping ain't bad. They really are a fun pair to hoop in, and with all of my And1 biases aside, is my favorite shoe to hoop induring the year of '07 (along with the Zoom BB). The Pebax plate is an AMAZING touch...

When will some of their '08 stuff be dropping?

Hows the sizing with And1? I usually take a sz12 in all my Nike's and a sz13 in my reeboks generally. The last And1 shoe i tried on was the Swingman, andthe size12 felt real small.

Has anyone tried the Unmistakeable yet?

I'm loving Carlos Arroyo's colorway, VERY sweet. ESPECIALLY with those black highsocks!

814a7fb6751e350db2eeaa717705ee30-getty-76075065fm029_celtics_magic.jpg

78651e28f2ff0d42ec7fca6aabdb4564-getty-76075314sl018_orlando_magic.jpg

cac08f87406b2040dbf0e99560354b63-getty-76075177fm027_bulls_magic.jpg

Storm...I wasn't a huge fan of the Unmistakables, though I liked Arroyo's P.R. versions. And1's have always been true to size for me. 13 ine'rything.

Here's some of the newest models from '08...Well, these are the ones I'm kinda feeling...there's a few other joints in the links. It'll beinteresting to see if "those" release...Otherwise, I think the consumers, especially those who loved the brand, are relegated to pretty lacklusterproduct.

And1 Smooth Mid-Monta Ellis Editions. I like these-

And1 Right By U. Same outsole as the Triangle Mid. A nice lightweight, cheap guard option in my opinion. I'll pick up a pair on deep clearence.

And1 Fingerroll Mid-I like these. Now lets get the "American Dream" ads back
happy.gif

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...1+onslaught&start=36&gbv=2&ndsp=18&hl=en&sa=N

peace.

'

Hypothetically speaking, if I happen to "somehow" have a pair of those And 1 Smooth's in wht/royal vnds condition sz 13, bout how much would theybe worth? My funds are a bit low right now

where can i get those finger rolls?? and where can i get these?? preferably from a site thats not in korean or japanese??

do all and1 shoes use the same cushioning tech? i've tried the older ones -- the mystique, devastate, dunk on, asphalt and they all felt the same to me..

oh and while we're at it, what kinda cushioning tech do they use? EVA? i noticed for one of the shoes i tried (dunk on), it had a weird concave in theoutsole..

it had a weird concave in the outsole

Thats what and1 calls Springz Geometry. It basically carves out the center part of the heel into an arch or dome shape.
By doing that, the dome has the ability to compress while absorbing impact and then return to its original form and provide some energy return because of theconcave shape of the outsole.

Similar to the Cantilever System from Avia.

Great explanation Storm!

Wood-Grain And1 Smooth Mid-

Interested in hearing what y'all think.

haha thanks JButta...i forgot to add that by carving out that material they do save a bit of weight too...lol

but those Smooth's look crazy...shades of the T-Mac 5 but on a whole different level. Woodgrain and the basketball pebbled leather? They shoulda done aclear sole to represent the backboard lol.

Back
Top Bottom