And 1 Mixtape Appreciation Vol. NBA Lockout and there's nothing to watch Tu-Fri

Just randomly popped into my head today. Man, I used to watch these tapes religiously and go to Footaction and buy And 1 gear just to get the tapes. Volume 3 was the best with Hot Sauce and AO added to the team.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Unappreciated. These stupid tapes ruined countless pick up games for me over the years. Nothing more annoying that trying to get in a well-played, competitive game, but having to deal with clowns trying these 'moves' and subsequently dribbling off their own feet.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Unappreciated. These stupid tapes ruined countless pick up games for me over the years. Nothing more annoying that trying to get in a well-played, competitive game, but having to deal with clowns trying these 'moves' and subsequently dribbling off their own feet.

The NBA All-Star Games this past decade = an And 1 Mixtape Game, and yet many people still tune in to watch.

It's the reason why NBA All-Star Games trump any other sports' "All-Star Games" in America. 

I think it's cool to have fun and be silly every once in while for basketball #kanyeshrug

I still have the special collectors edition Vol. 1-4 i got for free 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Funny when I was in HS my coach used to always get on us for trying "those AND1 Moves." Now I see exactly what he means. I really bothers me to see people try so hard to go nowhere.

Remember you use to be able to walk into FootAction and get the VHS for free. Then And1 caught on and you had to buy a pair of shoes and then you got the tape for free. Stopped checking on these things after Vol. 3. 
I can remember my high school getting hot when he caught me in the film room watching this instead of tape of an upcoming team we were about to play. 

Yeah I had vol 1-3. Provided some good entertainment in HS days but I agree with other posters that it got really annoying having all these guys trying moves in pickup games and just wasting time dribbling around the court. These tapes and the Nike commercials back then had everyone and their mama thinkin they could pull off these moves in a game. The reality series they had on ESPN was pretty entertaining. Wanted to go to a game they had awhile back but missed out. It's too bad the squad split up and had major money issues. I remember seeing something on Root Sports recently but forgot the name of the squad which included many former And1 alum. It just wasn't the same though and the streetball game has come and gone.

Between Nike and their commercials/tapes, And 1
mix tapes and Reebok at EBC, I was hooked for a year or two. I noticed that my game began to incorporate this stuff and it wasn't for the better

Memories :lol:

Yea after volume 3, the tour and brand took off. After reading that complex oral history it sounds like some of the players couldn't stand hot sauce and felt he was damazing their rep. Can't deny sauce played a huge role in their overall success. Easy to tell why he declined to be part of that story though. Funny that he would throw the ball in the crowd after dribbling past defenders since he didn't know how to throw oops or finish, well supposedly.

me & my people was trippin bout this earlier. them dudes real heros g. rip alimoe escalade &flash

Back
Top Bottom