And the "MOST CONSISTENT RAPPER OF OUR DECADE" goes to.....???

Randumly today I was thinking, who is really the most consistent rapper of this past decade????

I mainly based it off of Albums but I guess you can throw in features and mixtapes too.

Off the top my picks were either T.I. or LUPE...But thats just IMO

Who yall got???

(P.S. - The Decade is from 2000-2009)

I guess you can say Wayne....

been consistent since SQAD mixtapes in 01' til' Carter 1 in 2003... and don't even count features and mixtapes since......

Jay?? Consistancy??
Dynasty?? (Suspect)
Blueprint 2??(Suspect)
Kingdom Come?? (TRASH)

Its like EVERY other album was on point... That's not MY definition of consistancy...

I'd say it's Ghost.

Any Nay I can divide that's 3 sus albums every 6 year average. LAME

There's no way it's Lupe
laugh.gif
2 albums in a decade.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Jay?? Consistancy??
Dynasty?? (Suspect)
Blueprint 2??(Suspect)
Kingdom Come?? (TRASH)

Its like EVERY other album was on point... That's not MY definition of consistancy...

Your definitely in the minority when it come's to Dynasty and Blueprint 2 Those are 2 solid albums...

I it has to be Jay...
He came in the decade as the second most popular rapper(DMX)...and he's leaving as the most popular (arguably)
He's put out a classic (Blueprint) a near classic (The Black Album) and some damn good albums (American Gangster, Dynasty, BP2)
Plus...Throughout the 10 year span....He was still spitting...and no matter the year could be put in the upper echelon of rappers (even though he has lost astep)

Ghost is a candidate...but he has some serious duds to me (That Ghostdini %*@% was just plain wack...and more fish is petty lame to)
Also this N would basically disappear from the scene and take like 3 years off and %*@%...

I was going to say Ghost, only GREAT album was Supreme Clientele, rest were... ight/good.

hmmm....

G-Unit as a group?

MIXTAPES.. TO BEG FOR MERCY.. TO T.O.S... ALL STRONG!

Jay took a 3 year hiatus... And dropped a FEW suspect albums this decade... That doesn't exactly fit the definition of "consistant"... It was a 4year gap between good albums, Black Album (03) & American Gangster (07)... Lets be serious here... He spent 3 of the 10 years running Def Jam further intothe ground...

IMO its T.I.
Then maybe Ghost (still on the fence about that to)

Its hard to say because NO one really stayed on their A game throughout the decade, and the cats that did stay on that level dropped debuts halfway through thedecade (Kanye/The Game/Jeezy) so its not fair to give them the title either... Then there were others who started out the decade really strong but fizzled out(Cam'ron/Eminem)

NaS should be in the convo based on the fact that he had one of the BEST albums of 01 (Stillmatic) and remained in TOP shape with his last release in 08(Untitled)... Had some SOLID efforts in between...

Jay took a 3 year hiatus... And dropped a FEW suspect albums this decade... That doesn't exactly fit the definition of "consistant"... It was a 4 year gap between good albums, Black Album (03) & American Gangster (07)... Lets be serious here... He spent 3 of the 10 years running Def Jam further into the ground...

IMO its T.I.

Its hard to say because NO one really stayed on their A game throughout the decade, and the cats that did stay on that level dropped debuts halfway through the decade (Kanye/The Game/Jeezy) so its not fair to give them the title either... Then there were others who started out the decade really strong but fizzled out (Cam'ron/Eminem)

NaS should be in the convo based on the fact that he had one of the BEST albums of 01 (Stillmatic) and remained in TOP shape with his last release in 08 (Untitled)... Had some SOLID efforts in between...
yes

Yes I was also thinkin Nas....and yes I was just thinkin bout consistent albums wit Lupe but he only dropped two so he cant really be considered for the title.

But I think i'll stay wit my number 1 pick in T.I.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Jay took a 3 year hiatus... And dropped a FEW suspect albums this decade... That doesn't exactly fit the definition of "consistant"... It was a 4 year gap between good albums, Black Album (03) & American Gangster (07)... Lets be serious here... He spent 3 of the 10 years running Def Jam further into the ground...

IMO its T.I.

Its hard to say because NO one really stayed on their A game throughout the decade, and the cats that did stay on that level dropped debuts halfway through the decade (Kanye/The Game/Jeezy) so its not fair to give them the title either... Then there were others who started out the decade really strong but fizzled out (Cam'ron/Eminem)

NaS should be in the convo based on the fact that he had one of the BEST albums of 01 (Stillmatic) and remained in TOP shape with his last release in 08 (Untitled)... Had some SOLID efforts in between...
yes
nas.jpg

GOAT.

T.I. & Ghost are valid arguments too though.

I'm with Harlem on the Jay-Z issue.

edit. And lets not forget those albums with R. Kelly.

Back
Top Bottom