And the "MOST CONSISTENT RAPPER OF OUR DECADE" goes to.....???

Nas is my 2nd.. I am mad I forgot about Devin tho
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by marcgrat

How has Eminem not been mentioned yet.

I'd say this is pretty consistent.
j9xa1e.png

kcbatt.png
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
What are you talking about? Sales #s with Wikipedia as a reference?

Em stopped being consistent after the Eminem Show. 3 dope albums followed up by a terrible one and a solid/average one. If he had released R2 this year yallcould at least make some type of argument.

I got Jay
KC wasn't as bad as ppl make it out to be
the beat choices especially toward the end of the album were the main problems, but lyrically he delivered
I think everyone's real gripe with the alum was the production and the lyrical content not being the usual Jay
I noticed alot of ya'll naming Nasir but his beat choices have been turrible
so if production is your reasoning against Jay, album wise, Nasir def can't get a pass

Originally Posted by Master Zik

j9xa1e.png

kcbatt.png
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Em stopped being consistent after the Eminem Show. 3 dope albums followed up by a terrible one and a solid/average one. If he had released R2 this year yall could at least make some type of argument.

Wikipedia isn't the reference. Each number in brackets is at the end of the page, that is the reference. I didnt say he was the best, I just thought heshould be mentioned considering he was the highest selling artist of the decade.

How can it not be Nas? It's either him or Ghost. All you people mentioning Jay can't be serious. KC was trash. BP3 was ok. I just don't get it.

I would jada off the strength of street songs. Mainstream music is trash T.I is beyond garbage
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

j9xa1e.png

kcbatt.png
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Em stopped being consistent after the Eminem Show. 3 dope albums followed up by a terrible one and a solid/average one. If he had released R2 this year yall could at least make some type of argument.

right and Jay-Z been making great music after TBA, huh....

Every artist has there bad albums.... The only album that sucked balls was Encore.. Relapse was average.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

I would jada off the strength of street songs. Mainstream music is trash T.I is beyond garbage
smh.gif

T.I. is beyond garbage???????
laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
TI might be the most consistent when it comes Singles...Either him or Jeezy. But even tho TI vs TIP wasnt the bestshowing, you still cant deny TIP as a consistent rapper

How does Lupe get considered, dude had 2 albums, same reason I wouldnt consider Kanye, although they are both in my top 10 right now.

As for topic, Jay's good, even great.but i wouldnt call him consistent. He had Bp(9/10), black album(10/10), AG(8,5/10) which where amazing albums in myopinion. He had BP2, maybe a (6,5-7/10) and there was Kingdome come and the Dynasty, and Bp 3 I dont think these albums are on the same level or even close tofirst three mentioned. I wouldnt call that consistent.

Yet again there's ghost, who gets my vote. He didnt drop a classic like BP or blacka lbum although SC is pretty damn close. But i dont think one of thosealbums can be called a flop and can be rated under 6.

And there's T.I. who in my eyes just loses to ghost by a bit. Whish he didnt drop Ti vs TIP, whihc was horrible, but other then that, all his albums werevery good!

YDBoUnCe wrote:
I got Jay
KC wasn't as bad as ppl make it out to be
the beat choices especially toward the end of the album were the main problems, but lyrically he delivered
I think everyone's real gripe with the alum was the production and the lyrical content not being the usual Jay

Co-Sign I think KC was Jay-Z's transformation album we all know Jay isn't on the corner slanging and all the other stuff I think he wasmaturing, the first track was too ill! I think people just expected KC to be like RD since he came out of "retirement". Because if Jay were to raplike he did on RD people would say his stuff is all the same and he never changes his game up imo.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I'll take Stillmatic, x God's Son x Lost Tapes (if it counts) x SD x Untitled > any other five albums from this decade.
After sobering up and reading three more pages of trife, I stand by this.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Jay?? Consistancy??
Dynasty?? (Suspect)
Blueprint 2??(Suspect)
Kingdom Come?? (TRASH)

Its like EVERY other album was on point... That's not MY definition of consistancy...

96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 2001 and beyond.

its TIP or Jay imo....TIP (Trap Musik x Urban Legend x King x Paper Trail)... Jay (Blueprint 1, The Black Album, American Gangster, Blueprint 3)....out of eachof their four i listed u can only find one album that is arguably not stellar...imo none are arguable tho all are pretty good r above average albums...not tomention the classics

Jeezy and Ye pleased both their demographics ery album(minus 808s) tho so they gotta get their due as well

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Jay?? Consistancy??
Dynasty?? (Suspect)
Blueprint 2??(Suspect)
Kingdom Come?? (TRASH)

Its like EVERY other album was on point... That's not MY definition of consistancy...

96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 2001 and beyond.

grin.gif

Wow, people really sayin King was wack though?
eyes.gif

Seems like people on here will hate on damn near anything and everything.

As far as most consisent I would say its a split between T.I. and Luda
because I think they maintained their hunger the most out of mainstream rappers.

I'll go with Nas... Stillmatic, Gods Son, SD, HHID, Untitled, & Lost tapes? I'd call that very consistant.

Jay & Kanye are up there as well. Kanye came correct with his material throughout this time period.

Dynasty is a good album, period. So is BP2.

Ghost getting mention is not out of the question either, I agree with that.

I'd say Eminem, but Encore & Relapse... Eh, I wouldn't call that consistant with his previous work.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Jay?? Consistancy??
Dynasty?? (Suspect)
Blueprint 2??(Suspect)
Kingdom Come?? (TRASH)

Your definitely in the minority when it come's to Dynasty and Blueprint 2 Those are 2 solid albums...

The consensus has been that that album is very subpar G ... VERY. I'll give you BP2 being solid tho.

I look at that album...I see 4 classic songs (intro, This Can't be life, soon You will understand, 1-900-Hustler)
4 damn good songs (Stick 2 the script, Streets is talking, Where have u been, You me him & her,)
Some pretty good commercial joints (Give it to me, Change the Game, Guilty until proven innocent)
I mean...its no classic...but it has all the signals of a solid joint...

U can't even take what ___'s say seriously cuz over 10 years ur views on an album change up so much after going back and playing it. ALL of these dudesmentioned have not been consistent. If u gotta think twice that's not good. Nas prolly the only one up there and best believe he can't be the mostconsistent, same with Ghost, Rae and Jay and def not T.I.

Back
Top Bottom