And the "MOST CONSISTENT RAPPER OF OUR DECADE" goes to.....???

Ok first off what are we talkin about.. Overall quality or popularity.. If both then the only Convo, should be Jay or Tip. And between those two jay has beenmore popular and has had better material IMO.

And the thing that seperates Jay from TIP the most has to be features. Year in year out he has demolished his features and has been on some of the biggestsongs this decade. And arguably the best album this decade.

Ye has been pretty consistent but started late, Fif dominated a 5 year span but is barely relevant now and music quality has tanked. Nas is in it quality wisebut he has had way to many lapses as far as relevance(I mean had it not been for the beef) he would be in the same boat as AZ.

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

Ok first off what are we talkin about.. Overall quality or popularity.. If both then the only Convo, should be Jay or Tip. And between those two jay has been more popular and has had better material IMO.

And the thing that seperates Jay from TIP the most has to be features. Year in year out he has demolished his features and has been on some of the biggest songs this decade. And arguably the best album this decade.

Ye has been pretty consistent but started late, Fif dominated a 5 year span but is barely relevant now and music quality has tanked. Nas is in it quality wise but he has had way to many lapses as far as relevance(I mean had it not been for the beef) he would be in the same boat as AZ.
yea anybody not agreeing with this is just in denial... Fif prolly had a 3 year run tho 03-06...07 he needed all the help he cud get

Ye doesnt make this convo cuz of the fourth album...the 3 previous are great but its small when looking at a whole decade...its not enuff to catch Jay or TIPboth with 7 albums

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

^Stillmatic and Untitled...are great albums. Lost Tapes is not an album n God's Son isnt all you cracking it up to be in my opinion

How is Lost Tape not considered an album? Those were songs that were on the original I Am album that got leaked in addition to one or two extra's, it wasstuido recorded and it was released in stores... So I'm confused here... As far as GodSon is concerned like you stated thats your opinion so I can'tknock it, just like I feel as though Blueprint is vastly overrated and isn't what people lable it to be... tomato ... tomato(short a)

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

^Stillmatic and Untitled...are great albums. Lost Tapes is not an album n God's Son isnt all you cracking it up to be in my opinion

How is Lost Tape not considered an album? Those were songs that were on the original I Am album that got leaked in addition to one or two extra's, it was stuido recorded and it was released in stores... So I'm confused here... As far as GodSon is concerned like you stated thats your opinion so I can't knock it, just like I feel as though Blueprint is vastly overrated and isn't what people lable it to be... tomato ... tomato(short a)
well when I say Lost Tapes is not an album...im thinking from a marketing stand point and the whole approach to the album...in my opinion it fitslike a collectors edition, compliation or something like that...I mean nothing is wrong with the album but I dont think its intent was to be looked at likeanother NaS solo album...songs left over from I am which was 98 right...lost tapes release was 02

I think would made Lost Tapes stand out is the fact that these were "lost recordings" and they played on that with the whole approach to thealbum...no singles, no videos, no heavy interviews, performances or anything like that right...i mean thats how i recall it, I cud be wrong

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

How is Lost Tape not considered an album? Those were songs that were on the original I Am album that got leaked in addition to one or two extra's, it was stuido recorded and it was released in stores... So I'm confused here... As far as GodSon is concerned like you stated thats your opinion so I can't knock it, just like I feel as though Blueprint is vastly overrated and isn't what people lable it to be... tomato ... tomato(short a)
well when I say Lost Tapes is not an album...im thinking from a marketing stand point and the whole approach to the album...in my opinion it fits like a collectors edition, compliation or something like that...I mean nothing is wrong with the album but I dont think its intent was to be looked at like another NaS solo album...songs left over from I am which was 98 right...lost tapes release was 02

I think would made Lost Tapes stand out is the fact that these were "lost recordings" and they played on that with the whole approach to the album...no singles, no videos, no heavy interviews, performances or anything like that right...i mean thats how i recall it, I cud be wrong

You're right there was no push for it at all besides a commercial and poster or two. He just packaged it and released it and it did what it did off thatand word of mouth. With that being said I still don't get how it can't be classified as an album because it was the release of tracks that weresupposed to be released a few years earlier, and to be honest only about a 3rd of those joints got out. Its like the DMP they're considered a collectorsitem but you still classify them as a new release right or wrong???

TIP...HAD FOUR ALBUMS with minimal flaws....Trap Musik, Urban Legend, King, Paper Trail....not to mention he had the whole country singing one of his singles off of EVERY ALBUM...when was the last time Nas did that...matter fact what song cud be used to signify Nas this DECADE just to be like dude had it and erybody agreed?....ill wait

Same thing with Jay....but we all know his body of work so its no need to expand....NaS gets put in the convo cause he is a Legend, but lets be real if all artists had his type of consistency...we would all be drove!
http://niketalk.com/topic/218431

Whether or not you recognize Lost Tapes as an album (which I don't really), its STILL an excellent peice of work by NaS, there's nodenying that...

NaS highest charting single this decade (and his entire career) was "I Can..." (#12), but "One Mic" would be used to signify him... Itspeaks for itself... He's had #1 albums this decade (2 of them), Grammy nomination last year...

Jay took a 3 year hiatus... And released his last good album Black Album in 03... His next GOOD album was AG 4 years later... Thats almosthalf the decade right there...

IMO its
TI
NaS
Ghost

Jay-Z had Solid albums besides BP2 and KC In My Opinion.
Nas dropped 2 Classics (Untitled And Stillmatic)

Back
Top Bottom