And we call this a reputable newspaper?(NY POST, Obama related)

38835f81e15fa09621e5ca0bfa46b0b58448cdd.jpg

This cartoon, illustrated by Sean Delonas, was printed in Wednesday's New York Post. I don't know about you guy but I'm highly offended. This sortof classless over exaggerative journalism is commonplace at the Post. Are they implying that President Obama is a monkey? If so then they are also illustratingthe assassination of the President of the United States. Anyone who reads the post needs to seriously reevaluate your support of this paper. This type of"humor has no place in today's society, especially not in a place like New York City's 3rd largest paper. I'm hesitant to use the word racistbecause if I wern't an African American I would still be offended because I'm an American. What do you guys think about this?

Wow that is messed up but I personally hate censorship. Rock and a hard place. Could it possibly be talking about the ignorance of NYPD officers?

Disgusting and I don't like Obama but the artist here is boldly comparing him to a monkey. The only way that News Corp. can save face in this situation isby firing him immediately. Edit: No one considers the Post as a reputable paper. The Times is on it's way to becoming just like the post.

That is COMPLETELY uncalled for.

Its unbelievable that they sunk that low and allowed that to be printed. While I don't feel that its a reputable newspaper at all, that is way, way overthe line.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Wow that is messes up but I personally hate censorship. Rock and a hard place

As a cartoonist dude can draw or write whatever he wants.Its the job of the editor to use his better judgement and say nothing good is gonna come of this. Alotof people had to see this and think it was funny for it to be ran in the paper

smh.gif
NO, THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT THE CHIMPTHAT GOT LOOSE IN CONNECTICUT THAT ATTACKED THE WOMAN!
SMH
follow the news, more closely
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

smh.gif
NO, THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT THE CHIMP THAT GOT LOOSE IN CONNECTICUT THAT ATTACKED THE WOMAN!
SMH
tired.gif
laugh.gif
that story is incorporated but thats besides the point.

who is the stimulus plan associated with?......unless he is representing the whole body of congress as 1 chimp
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

its okay to joke about bush when he was president, but one joke about obama and everyone's offended?

pr0phecy718 - they've merged the two together. So yes, for all intents and purposes, they're talking about the crazy chimp. However, they are HEAVILYimplying that whoever wrote the stimulus bill is a chimpanzee or money of some sort.

smh.gif
NO, THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT THE CHIMP THAT GOT LOOSE IN CONNECTICUT THAT ATTACKED THE WOMAN!
SMH
tired.gif
laugh.gif
did the chimp that attacked the lady write the stimulus package? jeeez man. Its taking all of my will power not to throw you under the bus rightnow.

Mrmoney you are correct my comment is with the artist. The paper is risking a lot to print a cartoon that is not really funny and seems pretty darninappropriate

The NY post always ties in different news into one illustration

the ny post has never been refer as a reputable newspaper, c'mon now

smh.gif
SMH
tired.gif
laugh.gif

You're joking right? Its clearly that, but you have to read what the police officer is saying. That is why its so offensive.

Mrmoney you are correct my comment is with the artist. The paper is risking a lot to print a cartoon that is not really funny and seems pretty darninappropriate

Hmmm, it seems like they crossed a clear line there but the implications are sort of vauge. Maybe that was the point.

But my question is, when did the NY Post become a reputable paper? That rag is one step above the weekly world news.

When has the NY Post been considered a reputable newspaper? I mean they write the biggest rumors and BS ever. Plus their utter and blind support of US supportof Israel makes my blood boil because they don't ever consider an alternative. You want a decent paper. Then read the Times.

Back
Top Bottom