And we call this a reputable newspaper?(NY POST, Obama related)

Originally Posted by Biggie62

When has the NY Post been considered a reputable newspaper? I mean they write the biggest rumors and BS ever. Plus their utter and blind support of US support of Israel makes my blood boil because they don't ever consider an alternative. You want a decent paper. Then read the Times.

I agree but you have alot of people out here buying the post thinking that they are getting unbias news. You, me and the rest of NT seem to know the differencebut the same can't be said for the masses.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

For those that dont know..... the cartoon is referring to the chimp attack yesterday
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/200...1_tape_captures_chimpanzee_owners_horr-2.htmlhttp://www.nydailynews.co...panzee_owners_horr-2.html

but really...I don't see how that's anyway related or connected to Obama and the stimulus

yea that's what i said, but then I looked at it again and I saw what officer said. made me think twice
nerd.gif

That is funny as hell but I do feel it is a bit racist becasue you shouldnt have to dig deep to try and figure out what they are saying. Its implying blacksare monkies becasue Obama is black. This is highly unacceptable. So idk I tried to look at it and read it another way but there justt is no other way to lookat it. I mean the only other way to make it seem reasonable and this is a long stretch is if you see DEmocrats as animals or the presidne tas an animal forwhat he is doing. But I still see no excuse for this and find it outrageous. Something has to be done about this despite the whole freedom of speech thing.

Obama didn't write the stimulus bill. It is a comment on the stupidity of the bill. Stop looking for racism everywhere. You are part of the problem.

Originally Posted by JChambers

Obama didn't write the stimulus bill. It is a comment on the stupidity of the bill. Stop looking for racism everywhere. You are part of the problem.
QFT.

Originally Posted by Much Respected

QFT.

If Bush was in office and this cartoon popped up, no one would have a problem. Are you implying that Obama is a monkey? I saw this cartoon and Obamadidn't even cross my mind. Who is the racist?

No one is looking for racism. Its clear as bell in that comic. People stay trying to act brand new like black people haven't been compared to monkeys forthe past centuries to present times.

But really...the driving force behind the new stim bill is Obama..
it's not hard to read what's implied

I don't see it.

but really...I don't see how that's anyway related or connected to Obama and the stimulus

?

Agreed.

Not sure what this artist was going for here if they weren't implying Obama = Monkey. That's their prerogative I guess, but a newspaper doesn'thave to be so stupid as to publish it for an entire city (world) to see.

Now - people are saying, Bush was portryaed as a monkey all the time... but there's never been a history in this country of comparing whites to monkeys, sothere's no racist undertones there.

And on top of that - people saying this is just "combining news stories", which i can't even believe is where some people actually get of here...do you think if this was another animal.. say.. a dog that got shot... that they would've made the jump to this stimulus package story? I doubt it.

So anytime we see a monkey in a cartoon, it is implied that it represents a black man? Have any of you ever heard of the expression; "It's so easy, amonkey could do it?" I believe that it is a simple joke that everyone is over analyzing. The stimulus bill is ridiculous. It is so stupid that a monkeycould have written it. That is what I get out of the joke. If a white president was in office and this cartoon was released, would we still be having thisconversation? If the cartoon said "I guess that we'll have to find someon else to sign the stimulus bill", then I would agree that it is racist.Obama didn't write that bill.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

?

Think a little harder for a few more minutes....

Seems that the inability of some of you guys to comprehend basic text isn't helped when made into images. Throws everything we know about a childsdevelopment out the window then.

And no one has ever called the ny post a reputable paper, its cheap in price/material/content. It was mostly used for shelter from the rain until you realizethat the ink will bleed.

To go a bit futher... i'm not offended by this, and I don't think there's really any need for outrage. But to pretend that there aren't racistconnections to make here is just silly.

The first place my mind went when I saw this was, "oh hey, they're saying that monkey is obama".

A bit more time with it and i can sort of understand there might've been different intentions, but the fact remains... my mind, and most others, willimmediately jump to that initial thought I had.

Now do I really care? No - it's a joke I don't think is funny or ironic or whatever the person was going for.. but they have a right to expressthemselves, and apparently somebody thinks it's funny enough to put in a big newspaper.

Should there be this outrage with Rev. Al and whoever else they will call in? Hell no. These people are crushing free speech.

To review: protect free speech and stupid cartoons like this... even if you don't like them.

So anytime we see a monkey in a cartoon, it is implied that it represents a black man? Have any of you ever heard of the expression; "It's so easy, a monkey could do it?" I believe that it is a simple joke that everyone is over analyzing. The stimulus bill is ridiculous. It is so stupid that a monkey could have written it. That is what I get out of the joke. If a white president was in office and this cartoon was released, would we still be having this conversation? If the cartoon said "I guess that we'll have to find someon else to sign the stimulus bill", then I would agree that it is racist. Obama didn't write that bill.
Are you serious? You must not know the country very well. Do yourself a favor and google political cartoons and try to make some connections. Itwon't take long.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

?
He was saying he doesnt see how the story of the chimp being attack connects with the Stimulus bill...which both stories are expressed in the picture.
Thanks for clarifying that, I interpreted it as Dirty contradicting himself.

Got it.

Think a little harder for a few more minutes....
Was what Pablo just did that hard for you to do?

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

That is funny as hell but I do feel it is a bit racist becasue you shouldnt have to dig deep to try and figure out what they are saying. Its implying blacks are monkies becasue Obama is black. This is highly unacceptable. So idk I tried to look at it and read it another way but there justt is no other way to look at it. I mean the only other way to make it seem reasonable and this is a long stretch is if you see DEmocrats as animals or the presidne tas an animal for what he is doing. But I still see no excuse for this and find it outrageous. Something has to be done about this despite the whole freedom of speech thing.

Back
Top Bottom