AND1 Monta Ellis Signature - ME8 Empire

lgd1029mmmy.jpg

$74.99 at Finishline

Style: D1029M MMY

[h4]And1 ME8 Empire Men's Basketball Shoes[/h4]
The And1 ME8 Empire men's basketball shoes feature a mesh and synthetic build, creating a durable, lightweight, and highly breathable shoe. A TPU cage adds lateral stability and increased ankle support so you're constantly protected. A full-length air bag absorbs impact and shock, and a PU midsole provides great comfort. Your traction is enhanced with a herringbone tread pattern outsole.
  • Shop for And1 ME8 Empire men's basketball shoes from Finish Line. Features a mesh and synthetic build, TPU cage, full-length air bag, and PU midsole.
  • Help absorb impact with a full-length air bag.
  • Traditional herringbone pattern on the outsole gives you traction on the court.

Anyone on NT buy/try  this?

and1-me8-empire-mid-monta-ellis-2011-signature-shoe-Branded-600x600.jpg

The new generation will never appreciate And 1 as how we did back then... The marketing sucks now.

We had the Mixtapes... videos, etc...

kids these days are like... what the heck is And1?

Originally Posted by never wear them

The new generation will never appreciate And 1 as how we did back then... The marketing sucks now.

Not to mention they had really creative designs.
For some reason, the designs fell off somewhere around 2002-2003...all downhill from there.

Tried them - love them. Very much in line with the old And1 standards for low profile running shoes for the court, with a little more cushion feel. Review coming soon on Counterkicks.

Originally Posted by mogzz04

For some reason, the designs fell off somewhere around 2002-2003...all downhill from there.
Tai Chi's were one of my favorite shoes of all time, but I really can't remember another And 1 shoe that's stood out

^^^ I haven't tried them on at Finish Line but I have the all yellow pair - fot them in August. What do you want to know?

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Originally Posted by mogzz04

Tai Chi's were one of my favorite shoes of all time, but I really can't remember another And 1 shoe that's stood out

And1 The Quest, And1 KG2, And1 Spree Mid, And1 Starbury 1 and 2.

Real quick - traction is better than just about any shoe on the market, which, being And1 shouldn't surprise. Fit is a little wide, but I probably could have went a half size down (I wear 10.5 in EVERYTHING, but maybe a 10 in these). Cushioning is solid in a stiff but responsive sense. Like the early Zoom models - just the right amount of spring. The ankle is actually cut just above the bone - it is just your foot fits and sits so low inside they look lower. Honestly, I could have paid $100 for these and been very happy. The transition and support coupled with the responsive L2G makes them great for guards and slashers but they are plenty stable for bigger guys. BTW, I got the all yellow pair.

I used to be a wear tester for And 1, did the last ME8's. They totally sucked and I think that's how I got kicked out of the program (he claimed it was ending but I think my other dude I know continued to get sneaks) because I kept it too real with them. I sent them a video of me doing the traction floor kick, you know like how you do after you wipe your outsole off and you kick the floor and it catches and goes "skeet skeet." I did it in my Huarache 07s and then in the Me8s.
They made a bad move when they decided to be super bland and only focus in the 75ish dollar market and not make performance sneakers.

You talking about the ones And1 did that had the special MLK colorway of brown and brown? Or these? Because these are tops for the price point in every way. If they can produce shoes like this in this price point they just may come back.

I didn't even know and1 wastill in business. I feel like all the and1 shoes like the same.

I'm talking about these. In fact, this is my photo. It got swacked and ended up all over the web. And no, And 1 is NOT coming back. I don't even know where they sell it outside of off price stores (Ross, Marshall's, etc.)
monta-me8-1.jpg

Yep, those SUCKED on all fronts - no cushion, no traction, not anything. Looked kind of cool, though. They could come back in a Converse/Ball'N/Li-Ning comparison. Never be as big as the Streetball tours - just won't happen. But I could see them getting a small cadre of NBA players back in their gear if produced and marketed right. Although I see UA beating them to it.

Most definite. UA has their hands in certain cookie jars already...

But all depending how much funds the company And1 has to market off of.
They could have been real good, with KD, Rondo, and other players as and1s image/face.

FNL already has 5 colorways up, for quite some time now, although two of them look exactly the same. (might just be the pictures) 

I picked them up a couple of days ago and I've played in them two times. If they will last, these will be one of my favourite basketball shoes. I'm actually a bit dissapointed in Kobe's (I's and VI's) and last years Hyperdunks, the zoom and the upper didn't last too long for me. Hope that it will not be the case for ME8 Empire, but all in all right now they seem like a great shoe.

Back
Top Bottom