Anderson .PAAK - MALIBU VOL. ...the funk lives on.

Ventura confirmed for 4/12

anderson-paak-ventura-album-artwork-cover.png

01. Come Home (feat. André 3000)
02. Make It Better (feat. Smokey Robinson)
03. Reachin’ 2 Much (feat. Lalah Hathaway)
04. Winners Circle
05. Good Heels (feat. Jazmine Sullivan)
06. Yada Yada
07. King James
08. Chosen One (feat. Sonyae Elise)
09. Jet Black (feat. Brandy)
10. Twilight
11. What Can We Do? (feat. Nate Dogg)

He said it's going to be a lot more soulful and you can tell by looking at the features. Oxnard was too Dre heavy and was all over the place. I think this one will sound more like "Anywhere".

Man this just makes me wish Head Low, Tints, Smile/Petty, Anywhere, and Trippy were on this album. Then we would be rockin.

Just started paying attention to Paak two weeks ago. Someone posted Dreamer in the hip-hop thread,I press play and was blown away. Since then been bumping Malibu at work. Hadn't gotten to Oxnard. Then I see this thread talking bout Ventura. I'm like, did Ox just recently come out? Then I read about the mixed reviews. Haven't peeped yet. I played the stippets of Ventura and they sound like Malibu continued to me, which is greats. I'm gonna check out Ox 1st then peep that after a couple weeks, unless it's supreme trash and I gotta jump over sooner.

Last edited:
Just started paying attention to Paak two weeks ago. Someone posted Dreamer in the hip-hop thread,I press play and was blown away. Since then been bumping Malibu at work. Hadn't gotten to Oxnard. Then I see this thread talking bout Ventura. I'm like, did Ox just recently come out? Then I read about the mixed reviews. Haven't peeped yet. I played the stippets of Ventura and they sound like Malibu continued to me, which is greats. I'm gonna check out Of 1st then peep that after a couple weeks, unless it's supreme trash and I gotta jump over sooner.

Bump Yes Lawd too. His best work to me.

I've listened to this album twice. He doesn't do alot of rapping on this project but I love the blues and funk themes throughout. And he got 3 Stacks on this too? No track was skippable and you can't say that about alot of projects. This was a solid album. Gonna be playing this into the summer.

Just started paying attention to Paak two weeks ago. Someone posted Dreamer in the hip-hop thread,I press play and was blown away. Since then been bumping Malibu at work. Hadn't gotten to Oxnard. Then I see this thread talking bout Ventura. I'm like, did Ox just recently come out? Then I read about the mixed reviews. Haven't peeped yet. I played the stippets of Ventura and they sound like Malibu continued to me, which is greats. I'm gonna check out Ox 1st then peep that after a couple weeks, unless it's supreme trash and I gotta jump over sooner.
Oxnard was far from trash but didn’t meet the hype. The Chase, Brothers Keeper, Anywhere, Cheers, Who R U, Headlow are dope. Just didn’t catch that vibe like Malibu and Yes Lawd.

First listen and Ventura is nice

This is soooooo much better than Oxnard. Come Home and Make It Better back to back are what I NEEDED.

I didn't realize Pharrell produced "Twilight". It sounds like a combination of him and Pomo. Overall I love the sound of this album. Oxnard had too much of Dre's touch on it. Felt like Compton 2.0 and I'm not really crazy about this new Dre sound. However this Ventura is a strong contender for my AOTY.

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 11.17.36 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom