Andruw Jones goes from Potential HOFer to............

Andruw has his 10 Gold Gloves and he was the youngest player to hit a homerun in the World Series he hit 2 in his first two World Series at bats at the age of19.

5 time All Star, won the Hank Aaron & Silver Slugger Award in 2005 was 2nd in MVP voting in 2005.

As of right now Andruw has 376 Career Homeruns he has a slight chance at being a HOF'er because of his 10 Gold Gloves.

Andruw still my favorite player
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Only on NT do people care about the spelling of a last name from a player that is warming up pitchers in the Pen.
laugh.gif

Yes he has 10 Gold Gloves but still HOF seems like a reach

Honestly Andruw has been huge for the Rangers this year, a reason why Hamilton potentially being out for 2 months doesn't sound as bad as it would havelast year...

at this point he has hof numbers but if he stinks it up the next few years it's going to influence a lot of voters.

Andruw has his 10 Gold Gloves and he was the youngest player to hit a homerun in the World Series he hit 2 in his first two World Series at bats at the age of 19.

5 time All Star, won the Hank Aaron & Silver Slugger Award in 2005 was 2nd in MVP voting in 2005.

As of right now Andruw has 376 Career Homeruns he has a slight chance at being a HOF'er because of his 10 Gold Gloves.

This is the HALL OF FAME.

Gold Gloves mean $#@* when it come to the Hall.

His chances are not good since he fell off for a while now.

Had he kept up his pace from when he first came in, he would've gone in 1st Ballot, unanimously.

But this is the same guy that has had a sub .200 BA season, a sub 10 HR season, never has had 200 hits in a season, only once did he hit .300.

JordanXI45 wrote:
People love to hate on an athlete once he is past his prime. Still don't understand why.
It's because those people are jealous that they don't have what it takes to play on a professional stage.

^To the two comedians above. You do realize he had 10 gold gloves in a row right? How many players have done this? Not to mention he dominated a World Series at age 19
So? Dont get carried away and think that because he played well at 19 thats hes an all time great.

People love to hate on an athlete once he is past his prime. Still don't understand why
People hate on an athlete when theyre past their prime, but other people still think theyve got what it takes to be great. Theres a BIGdifference.

His leadership will come in handy in crunchtime...
For the minor leagues? Possibly....
eyes.gif

Have you ever heard of Ozzie Smith? Dude was a career .260 hitter. He had 28 CAREER home runs in 19 seasons. How about Omar Vizquel? Its not certain that he will be voted in, but many feel he has a great shot. He was a career .270 hitter. Both below average hitters, one is a HOFer and one has a great chance of being one.

I dont see how Andruw Jones is any different at all. (well ok 300+ homeruns is different, but my point still applies)
Ozzie Smith? Your reference point is a dude who could easily be one of the most overrated players in the Hall? Ozzie played for a longgg timewhich is something Andruw hasnt done. Ozzie was a GREAT defensive player and a showman. He shouldnt even be in the Hall in my opinion.

Andruw has his 10 Gold Gloves and he was the youngest player to hit a homerun in the World Series he hit 2 in his first two World Series at bats at the age of 19.

Being the youngest player to hit a HR in the Series means nothing in this. That has NO corrolation at all.

One of the greatest CF to play the position...
laugh.gif
wow.

It's because those people are jealous that they don't have what it takes to play on a professional stage.
Andruw?

But seriously though, thats not even the case. If that were true then those people who be hating on every single professional athlete.

Ya Jones has some nice single season stats as well as the Gloves.......but he aint gettin in the HOF any time soon.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Ya Jones has some nice single season stats as well as the Gloves.......but he aint gettin in the HOF any time soon.
Exactly.

Hell, I wouldn't mind having him on my team, but you can't put him in HOF category. Like Mez One said....10 Gold Gloves ain't gonna get you d*ck. HOF is based on magic numbers....offensive numbers.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Have you ever heard of Ozzie Smith? Dude was a career .260 hitter. He had 28 CAREER home runs in 19 seasons. How about Omar Vizquel? Its not certain that he will be voted in, but many feel he has a great shot. He was a career .270 hitter. Both below average hitters, one is a HOFer and one has a great chance of being one.

I dont see how Andruw Jones is any different at all. (well ok 300+ homeruns is different, but my point still applies)
Ozzie Smith? Your reference point is a dude who could easily be one of the most overrated players in the Hall? Ozzie played for a longgg time which is something Andruw hasnt done. Ozzie was a GREAT defensive player and a showman. He shouldnt even be in the Hall in my opinion.

Really?!
roll.gif

Couple weeks back in the who did your dad tell you about thread, I mentioned my dad always shutting me down if I tried to compare anyone to Willie Mays.

Well, Jones was the guy that I was trying to say played the best CF I have ever seen, my pops flipped out.
laugh.gif

Still, as I get old, I am always going to remember A Jones as the best I ever saw play in CF, with Griff right behind him.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Still, as I get old, I am always going to remember A Jones as the best I ever saw play in CF, with Griff right behind him.
pimp.gif
You'd take Jones over Griffey in the field in their prime?
eek.gif

timeout, did you just say Ozzie Smith doesn't deserve to be in the HOF??

besides the fact that's the inspiration to my sn, you are a ******.

NOT every player in the HOF has to produce offensively. Ozzie played amazing defense and was the catalyst for the really good Cardlnals teams in the 80's.

lets also remember, that before ARod and the boys, the only other SS to do jack !+@+ offensively was Cal Ripken.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by CP1708

pimp.gif
You'd take Jones over Griffey in the field in their prime?
eek.gif

Absolutely. Griffey made a lot of highlight catches and what not. Lotta running and diving and all that. Jim Edmonds did too. A lot of that is a result ofthem getting bad jumps at where the ball was going, or judging it off the bat.

Andruw would glide over to where the ball was headed and catch it with ease. He could make the highlight catches too if needed, but9 times outta 10 he would be where he needed to be BEFORE the ball got there.

He is the best I've ever seen at the spot.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

NOT every player in the HOF has to produce offensively. Ozzie played amazing defense and was the catalyst for the really good Cardlnals teams in the 80's.

lets also remember, that before ARod and the boys, the only other SS to do jack !+@+ offensively was Cal Ripken.
When I first registered on NT I wanted The Wizard for my sn, it said it wasn't available and I wondered if in fact whatever member had that snwas a fan of Ozzie
laugh.gif

Really?!
roll.gif

Yes, really. Judging by your avy and sig Im not even going to bother discussing this with you.

MY qualifications for the Hall are different than this crackpot system they have right now and in my eyes he's borderline. The only thingkeeping him close is his longevity.

The way the hall is set up now its just become a museum. It's no longer a place to honor the "greats". Its just a time line of the sport inphysical form.

My relatives grew up in St Louis, so I know allll about Ozzie. I know what he meant to the team/city, but in my eyes he just was never someone who Iconsidered "great".

Durden7 wrote:
Really?!
roll.gif

Yes, really. Judging by your avy and sig Im not even going to bother discussing this with you.

MY qualifications for the Hall are different than this crackpot system they have right now and in my eyes he's borderline. The only thing keeping him close is his longevity.

The way the hall is set up now its just become a museum. It's no longer a place to honor the "greats". Its just a time line of the sport in physical form.

My relatives grew up in St Louis, so I know allll about Ozzie. I know what he meant to the team/city, but in my eyes he just was never someone who I considered "great".
Hey everyone is entitled an opinion, your a huge minority with you p.o.v though.
laugh.gif
@ dismissing discussing the topic because I am a Cardinals fan. I can discussmy team Durden, I don't wear blinders. I simply laughed because I think you're wrong about your assessment on the greatest defensive shortstop ever.

Ozzie was AMAZING.

Andruw Jones is/was better than anyone we've ever seen at catching balls coming in...Griffey is/was better at catching balls going back.

Andruw Jones is the BEST center fielder any of us have ever laid eyes on.

The only reason defensive guys don't get into the Hall is because traditional defensive statistics like fielding percentage suck, we have to rely on someold baseball writers yelling that Derek Jeter is a gold glover and Ken Griffey is the greatest of all time.

John Dewans plus/minus system is changing all that but nobody other than guys like me know about it.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom