Andy Reid: American Wanksta

6p9iwqb.jpg
:lol:
laugh.gif

TeamClippers
TEAM SAINTS

No red head, red mustached, fat white man ever should have "wanksta" attached to his name.
Wanted: Size 13/14 Huarache Lights and rare Huarache Bursts​
TeamEagles
Winston Justice is a penis​

:rofl:
roll.gif
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

:rofl:
roll.gif
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

damn, that's kind of humiliating.

i don't think it's right, personally
TEAMGIANTS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

I feel bad for the guy. Seriously, this stuff goes way beyond football and shouldn't be taken lightly. Hope he gets everything straightened out with the family
Team Economics​
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.​
Member of the Steeler Nation
IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL Champions​

Did nobody actually read the article? I hate Jason Whitlock along with most other thinking black men who are unfortunate enough 2 read his 'work'. But what he was saying is that if a black man, (say, Michael Vick 4 example) was caught with that amount of illegal items on a property he owned (whether he knew or not) he would be subject 2 a lot more media scrutiny/scorn than Andy Reid is being given. I, 4 one think he makes a damn good point.

I will say he made his point in the most abrasive way possible, and his message was lost in him trying to attract attention to himself by being funny...but hey, its Whitlock, what's new?

^^^
Good points indeed.

Quote:
I feel bad for the guy. Seriously, this stuff goes way beyond football and shouldn't be taken lightly. Hope he gets everything straightened out with the family
"Sports Do Not Build Character, They Reveal It." - John Wooden
TEAM AM FAM

jason whitlock needs to retire asap.. hes the black version of skip bayless.. he just says crazy stuff to get noticed

I'm sorry, but that's not funny.

R.I.P. - Qbs King32, IM MADDDD, U MADDDD, Dr Fede,Team You're Not Smashing

QB'SFINEST​
VIA Dade County​

Quote:
Reid getting a pass from the media s in January).

If this was a ghetto tale, police would look at Tammy Reid the same as Brianna Barksdale, as a silent co-conspirator or possible user. Garrett Reid would have to squeal on his suppliers or participate in a sting. He certainly wouldn't be viewed as salvageable. He'd be seen as a tool to make a bigger case.

Garrett Reid's admittance that he's a drug dealer and the fact that large quantities of drugs and weapons were found at the Reid home would make their house subject to seizure by the state. The Reids would be targets, not victims.

But let me tell you what's most troubling about all of this: Andy Reid's cowardice and the fact that we're letting him get away with it.

We, the media, particularly black members of the media, are always crying when athletes won't speak out on important issues. We want 22-year-old LeBron James to have a position on Darfur, a place he's probably never been. We scolded Michael Jordan for not having a social conscience. We're mad Tiger Woods won't lend his name to the plight of six black cowards who stomped and kicked one white boy in Louisiana.

But white sports figures aren't required to have a social conscience. They can satisfy themselves chasing supermodels and filming cute commercials.

America's morally bankrupt war on drugs, a cause that has killed and destroyed more lives than Vietnam and Iraq combined, has finally put Andy Reid's kids on the front lines (incarceration), and Andy Reid doesn't have a damn meaningful thing to say about it.

That's unacceptable. It's cowardly.

Andy Reid knows my pain, and he's too worried about a freaking football game to verbalize it. He could make Middle America and the power structure understand the helplessness and the pain you feel when people you love get caught up in America's political ploy called a "war on drugs."

Yeah, Andy has the money and clout to make sure his kids get treated with a little bit of compassion. He needs to spend time talking with his boys and let them inform him how the poor get run over by the system and institutionalized. He needs to talk with Garrett Reid about how kids, especially kids with fathers who spend too much time away from their families, get swept up in pop culture's glorification of drug dealers and criminals.

"I liked being the rich kid in that area and having my own high-status life," Garrett Reid told a probation officer, according to reporters covering his court proceedings. "I could go anywhere in the 'hood. They all knew who I was. I enjoyed it. I liked being a drug dealer ... These kids were scared of me. I was even selling to their parents."

It's shameful that Andy Reid is still coaching the Eagles. With his acquired wealth and impeccable coaching reputation, he could step away from football for two or three years, focus on his family and walk right back into a top coaching job.

Hmm. Maybe tales from the neighborhood are just as dysfunctional as tales from the 'hood.

Whitlock makes a few good points.

Quote:
TI has rented a room at the Reid property...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
the Reid trap house
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

And what's crazy is that the media made Michael Vick look like the worst man in America. Now who's worse and the greater threat to society? Michael Vick or them stankin Reid Boyz?

Quote:
Did nobody actually read the article? I hate Jason Whitlock along with most other thinking black men who are unfortunate enough 2 read his 'work'. But what he was saying is that if a black man, (say, Michael Vick 4 example) was caught with that amount of illegal items on a property he owned (whether he knew or not) he would be subject 2 a lot more media scrutiny/scorn than Andy Reid is being given. I, 4 one think he makes a damn good point.
Wanted: Size 13/14 Huarache Lights and rare Huarache Bursts​
TeamEagles
Winston Justice is a penis​

^ Fair...the situations aren't exactly the same...but can you at least see the parallel I'm trying 2 draw?

Back
Top Bottom