ANIMAL COLLECTIVE - FOX THEATRE - OAKLAND

This is probably a shot in the dark but is anyone going to be at the Animal Collective show in Oakland this Tuesday.

I cant wait should be an amazing performance.

Just in case you guys are lost.

isnt it? so dope.
pimp.gif

im really excited to hear the live versions of some of the songs off Merriweather Post Pavillion.

I have a feeling im gonna be blown away.

Im glad someone else likes AC on here.
laugh.gif

Yeah, there's a couple of us AC fans on here. They're bound to pop up in this thread sometime soon
laugh.gif

And I feel you on the live versions.
pimp.gif

Yo, what song is that from? Strawberry Jam? I like this album better than their new one. I just started listening to them thanks to VanillaGorillaDX, andI've only listened to a couple of songs off of Strawberry Jam so far.

Nah, in oakland lol. Shiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeet, I ain't paying 225 to see nobody perform unless I get a bj and all you can eat bar

It's four days and has a lineup of like 150 bands/artists, many of them very popular, very talented, or both.

Lineup this year:

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band Phish (2 shows) Beastie Boys Nine Inch Nails David Byrne Wilco Al Green Snoop Dogg Elvis Costello Solo Erykah Badu PaulOakenfold Ben Harper and Relentless7 Jimmy Fallon with Wayne Federman The Mars Volta TV on the Radio Yeah Yeah Yeahs MGMT moe. Public Enemy Andrew Bird Band ofHorses Gov't Mule Bonnapoo 2009: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, Todd Barry, Amy Schumer, Kumail Nanjiani & Valley Lodge Merle Haggard Daily Show StarsJohn Oliver, Rory Albanese, Wyatt Cenac, Kristen Schaal & Kurt Braunohler The Decemberists Ani DiFranco Girl Talk Bon Iver Béla Fleck & Toumani DiabateRodrigo y Gabriela Galactic The Del McCoury band Michael Ian Black & Michael Showalter with special guests Aziz Ansari and Nick Kroll of Montreal AllenToussaint Coheed & Cambria Comedy Carnivale: Christian Finnegan, Arj Barker, Janeane Garofalo, Nick Thune & Pete Holmes Booker T & the DBTs DavidGrisman Quintet Lucinda Williams Animal Collective Gomez Neko Case Jenny Lewis Amadou & Mariam Santigold Robert Earl Keen Shadows Fall Heartless BastardsTony Rice Unit Citizen Cope Femi Kuti and the Positive Force High On Fire Robyn Hitchcock & The Venus 3 Grace Potter and the Nocturnals Kaki King GrizzlyBear King Sunny Adé & the African Beats Okkervil River St. Vincent Zac Brown Band Passion Pit Raphael Saadiq The Dillinger Escape Plan Ted Leo and thePharmacists Crystal Castles Tift Merritt Brett Dennen Mike Farris and the Roseland Rhythm Revue Toubab Krewe Wailing Souls The Dirty Projectors People UnderThe Stairs Alejandro Escovedo The Itals Vieux Farka Touré Elvis Perkins in Dearland Cherryholmes Yeasayer Todd Snider MURS Chairlift Portugal. The Man TheSteelDrivers Midnite The Knux The Low Anthem Cage the Elephant Delta Spirit A.A. Bondy White Rabbits The Lovell Sisters Alberta Cross Janelle Monáe HockeyErick Baker Pretty Lights Katzenjammer American Princes Belleville Outfit Ben Sollee The Black Lillies BrakesBrakesBrakes Cotton Jones Dan Dyer Dear and theHeadlights Dirty Guv'nahs Dirty Sweet Erin McCarley Evan Watson Everest Fiction Family Heypenny Jedd Hughes Jerry Hannan Jessica Lea Mayfield Jets OverheadJoe Pug Julia Nunes Justin Townes Earle Ki: Theory Kuroma Madi Diaz Moonalice Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band MyNameIsJohnMichael The Nikhil Korula BandOuternational Phoenix Roger Alan Wade Russian Circles Sons of Bill Tangiers Blues Band The Features The Giraffes The Heavy Pets Those Darlins The ProtomenTobacco Turbine Vertigo William Elliot Whitmore Zee Avi J. Boogie The Hood Internet Aaron LaCrate Motion Potion Gypsyphonic Disko Kraak & Smaak DJ QuickieMart Ilo and the Coral Reefer Allstars Charlie Allen

laugh.gif
you get the idea.

Bonaroo should be dope. LA show has been sold out for months
frown.gif
I wanted to go to NY this summer but AC isn't enough for me to go.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

It's four days and has a lineup of like 150 bands/artists, many of them very popular, very talented, or both.

Lineup this year:

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band Phish (2 shows) Beastie Boys Nine Inch Nails David Byrne Wilco Al Green Snoop Dogg Elvis Costello Solo Erykah Badu Paul Oakenfold Ben Harper and Relentless7 Jimmy Fallon with Wayne Federman The Mars Volta TV on the Radio Yeah Yeah Yeahs MGMT moe. Public Enemy Andrew Bird Band of Horses Gov't Mule Bonnapoo 2009: Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, Todd Barry, Amy Schumer, Kumail Nanjiani & Valley Lodge Merle Haggard Daily Show Stars John Oliver, Rory Albanese, Wyatt Cenac, Kristen Schaal & Kurt Braunohler The Decemberists Ani DiFranco Girl Talk Bon Iver Béla Fleck & Toumani Diabate Rodrigo y Gabriela Galactic The Del McCoury band Michael Ian Black & Michael Showalter with special guests Aziz Ansari and Nick Kroll of Montreal Allen Toussaint Coheed & Cambria Comedy Carnivale: Christian Finnegan, Arj Barker, Janeane Garofalo, Nick Thune & Pete Holmes Booker T & the DBTs David Grisman Quintet Lucinda Williams Animal Collective Gomez Neko Case Jenny Lewis Amadou & Mariam Santigold Robert Earl Keen Shadows Fall Heartless Bastards Tony Rice Unit Citizen Cope Femi Kuti and the Positive Force High On Fire Robyn Hitchcock & The Venus 3 Grace Potter and the Nocturnals Kaki King Grizzly Bear King Sunny Adé & the African Beats Okkervil River St. Vincent Zac Brown Band Passion Pit Raphael Saadiq The Dillinger Escape Plan Ted Leo and the Pharmacists Crystal Castles Tift Merritt Brett Dennen Mike Farris and the Roseland Rhythm Revue Toubab Krewe Wailing Souls The Dirty Projectors People Under The Stairs Alejandro Escovedo The Itals Vieux Farka Touré Elvis Perkins in Dearland Cherryholmes Yeasayer Todd Snider MURS Chairlift Portugal. The Man The SteelDrivers Midnite The Knux The Low Anthem Cage the Elephant Delta Spirit A.A. Bondy White Rabbits The Lovell Sisters Alberta Cross Janelle Monáe Hockey Erick Baker Pretty Lights Katzenjammer American Princes Belleville Outfit Ben Sollee The Black Lillies BrakesBrakesBrakes Cotton Jones Dan Dyer Dear and the Headlights Dirty Guv'nahs Dirty Sweet Erin McCarley Evan Watson Everest Fiction Family Heypenny Jedd Hughes Jerry Hannan Jessica Lea Mayfield Jets Overhead Joe Pug Julia Nunes Justin Townes Earle Ki: Theory Kuroma Madi Diaz Moonalice Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band MyNameIsJohnMichael The Nikhil Korula Band Outernational Phoenix Roger Alan Wade Russian Circles Sons of Bill Tangiers Blues Band The Features The Giraffes The Heavy Pets Those Darlins The Protomen Tobacco Turbine Vertigo William Elliot Whitmore Zee Avi J. Boogie The Hood Internet Aaron LaCrate Motion Potion Gypsyphonic Disko Kraak & Smaak DJ Quickie Mart Ilo and the Coral Reefer Allstars Charlie Allen

laugh.gif
you get the idea.
Wait, is this the line up for Banaroo? If so,
eek.gif
. Holly *#*@,i retract my previous statement, I want to go now lol.

My friend that listens to #$+#@+ music compares AC songs to the Brian Wilson-style freakout on Walk Hard ("We need more Aborigines!"), so you takethis round.

Back
Top Bottom