Animal Collective- Merriweather Post Pavilion

Way to early to say for sure, but......album of the year? Quite possibly.

I can't believe how good some of the tracks on this are.

pimp.gif

It's up there.

Bluish, Summertime Clothes, My Girls, In The Flowers.

Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg

It very well could be, but like you said, kind of early.

My favorite tracks:
- Bluish
- Brother Sport
- Summertime Clothes
- My Girls
- Taste
- In The Flowers

Anyone catch them on Letterman the other night?

Originally Posted by mace40

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

...album of the year? Quite possibly.
Waiting for
SonicYouthTheEternal.jpg

before I give MPP the
thumbs_up.jpg

I've only heard "Sacred Trixter" so I don't have much to base it on....but I'd be surprised if the album was better than AnimalCollective's. Still looking forward to it though.

Any other upcoming albums that have been hyped? I've been out of the loop for the last year or so in terms of music.

Any other upcoming albums that have been hyped? I've been out of the loop for the last year or so in terms of music.
I've heard good things about Grizzly Bear's "Veckatimest". I've yet to hear it myself, though. Waiting for a good rip ofit..

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

I guess "experimental" would be the most appropriate term?
I was thinking avant-garde would be a good term too.

Some people are saying this is the album of the decade musically, I don't know about that but it's unbelievable.

funny to see that Bluish and My Girls are everyones favorite tracks, those two always stood out to me....

The drums in My Girls when the beat drops
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Listening to it for the first time right now, sick... Trying to find a higher quality version, I'm sure it makes a HUGE difference with this sorta music.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Listening to it for the first time right now, sick... Trying to find a higher quality version, I'm sure it makes a HUGE difference with this sorta music.

It does.

Great show last night in Baltimore. I got home late, but I was listening to the NPR stream on my iPhone from tonight. Tomorrow in Philly should be fun too. Ihate the Electric Factory, but what can I do.

The new track that is supposedly called "Bleed" is dope, but cot damn "Blue Sky" is the #@%#. I was recently praying that a studio versioncomes out, but then again, look what happened with "Taste" and "Daily Routine". Both great tracks in the studio, but the original versionsare way better.

Anyway, enjoy life.

Back
Top Bottom