Another reason to hate New York City

*Rant
A couple weeks back, I walk downstairs in the morning to take the train to work and notice a ticket on my car.  I'm not parked on the wrong side of the road so I know it can't be an alternate side parking ticket (which is still a BS ticket).  I read it and it say's that I have no front plate, which I clearly do have.  Pictures don't matter to the courts, they say I can pay a reduced fine of 20 percent and don't forget to add 2 dollars for a surcharge.  So I am still stuck with paying for something I never did.  And these pigs wonder why they get no love out here.  On to the next one.
End Rant.*

How about getting ticketed twice in the span of the 8 minutes I went to visit a friend up in their apartment. I wasn't allowed to be parked there for only 5 of those 8 minutes. Then I didn't realize it was two tickets in one envelope until like 2 weeks later when I went to pay it online. Delayed FU by the NY transit dept.

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Go to court and fight it all the way.
That's straight shenanigans

I fought it.  They only offered a discount.  They said how do they know I didn't add the plate later.  So ghey.

Originally Posted by Diego

Skinny Women in England>>>>>>>>>Cali

5eb3521de95385d5e0e4732e3a534d1d9ae4cbf.gif

Hate all you want. Or get out.

Financial and entertainment capital of the world.

Sinatra+Jay Z>Randy Newman+Dogg Pound.

There is a woman that I work with that got a ticket from the city of Newark for a parking ticket. She'd never been to Newark. She got a letter in the mail saying that she missed her hearing for the ticket. She looked at the ticket online and it was for a Dodge, she drives a Honda. She had proof that her and her car were at work that day in Lakewood at the time of the ticket, and she had to go through all this **!$ to get rid of the ticket. She ended up calling the Mayor of Newark and he got rid of it.

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

There is a woman that I work with that got a ticket from the city of Newark for a parking ticket. She'd never been to Newark. She got a letter in the mail saying that she missed her hearing for the ticket. She looked at the ticket online and it was for a Dodge, she drives a Honda. She had proof that her and her car were at work that day in Lakewood at the time of the ticket, and she had to go through all this **!$ to get rid of the ticket. She ended up calling the Mayor of Newark and he got rid of it.
She's lucky she wasn't murdered.

Originally Posted by illphillip

%@+! does that have to do with stupid cops?

Originally Posted by illphillip

Guess you never heard of Hollywood

Originally Posted by OkayKK

*Rant
A couple weeks back, I walk downstairs in the morning to take the train to work and notice a ticket on my car.  I'm not parked on the wrong side of the road so I know it can't be an alternate side parking ticket (which is still a BS ticket).  I read it and it say's that I have no front plate, which I clearly do have.  Pictures don't matter to the courts, they say I can pay a reduced fine of 20 percent and don't forget to add 2 dollars for a surcharge.  So I am still stuck with paying for something I never did.  And these pigs wonder why they get no love out here.  On to the next one.
End Rant.*

NO joke, I got the same ticket here in Beverly Hills. I called and I told them that I put on. All I had to do is send pictures and they dismissed the ticket.. All I paid was 45 cents for the stanp.

Did you talk to the prosecutor about the pictures?

If so, talk to the judge (plead not guilty)
Prosecutor does nothing, I mean, NOTHING, they have to be the most useless person in the court system.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Prosecutor does nothing, I mean, NOTHING, they have to be the most useless person in the court system.
My my how wrong you are.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Actually the judge doesn't do anything.  The prosecutor is the one who cuts deals.  This also applies for anything else such as speeding, etc.  They basically put this down as a hearsay case.  I would rent a garage to keep my car in, but by the time I get put on from the waiting list I will probably be gone. 

Originally Posted by djaward

Originally Posted by OkayKK

*Rant
End Rant.*

NO joke, I got the same ticket here in Beverly Hills. I called and I told them that I put on. All I had to do is send pictures and they dismissed the ticket.. All I paid was 45 cents for the stanp.
I wish it was that easy.  In NYS I think they used to do that but people took advantage of it.  Fixit tickets also worked for othe rstuff like tint, but people was just photoshopping their cars and other %%## so everything is just straight up paying the man now.

Yeah, they cut deals (if you say you're guilty)... look at the great deal you're getting...

In any case I could be wrong, I've only dealt with traffic violations and get prosecutors giving me "deals" for tickets I didn't think I deserved in the first place... im a salesman, it just looks like he's selling me an undeserved ticket.

Back
Top Bottom