Another reason why Stephon>>>haters

Despite the fact that this guy is hated on so much for no reason at all and only a bad media reputation. This reputation includes that he is a crzy selfish ballhog who is only concerned about himself. Those of us who actually watch the Knicks no how untrue all of ths is and how good he really is, but not only that Steph is a great dude. And for people to hate him is pathetic, there are far worse players or ppeople to be hating on than Stephon Marbury, Starbury is the @#%$ and the haters will fade away this year. He will turn everybodys head this year. good article about him doing something out of the goodness of his heart...
Quote:
When New York Knicks captain Stephon Marbury learned about the plight of 17-year-old Sohaib Qureshi, whose skull was crushed by a falling tree limb as he played catch with his younger brother in Riverside Park last summer, Marbury knew he had to do something for one of his biggest fans.

"This is where I'm supposed to be," Marbury said as he paid a visit to Qureshi's hopsital room on Thursday. "And this is what I'm supposed to do."

Qureshi has been hospitalized since Aug. 30. After laying in a coma for 15 days, he can now breathe on his own and communicates by blinking his eyes.

Upon hearing that one of his favorite basketball players was going to visit him on Thursday, Qureshi could barely sleep the night before because he wanted to practice using his right hand to shake hands with Marbury when the Knicks star arrived.

Qureshi didn't have to worry about shaking hands, because upon entering his room on Thursday, Marbury went straight to Qureshi and gave him a huge hug. Even though the teen could not smile, it was clear that meeting one of his heroes meant the world to him.

"Coming here is something we are supposed to do," said Marbury. "To uplift a kid's spirits, and to allow him even the smallest amount of joy from what he's been going through with his injury, we are supposed to do things like this. It's always a blessing to be able to do something to give a kid like him some fulfillment."

After introducing himself to the Qureshi family and having pictures taken with them, Marbury reached into his bags and took out countless presents, including gifts from the Knicks and shoes from his own Starbury collection.

As Marbury autographed the three pairs of sneakers he had brought with him, Qureshi's brother and sister pointed out that young Sohaib was already wearing a pair of Starburys -- as was his father!

A talented young basketball player, Qureshi also coached younger children. When his family pointed out that his players had made a poster with pictures and messages, Marbury was truly touched to read the get-well wishes from children whom Qureshi had impacted over the past few years.

After autographing Sohaib's collection of hats, including his favorite white Knicks one, Marbury continued giving out gifts to the young man and his family, including Knicks towels, T-shirts, headbands, hats, and a Knicks duffel bag.

Marbury also gave Qureshi an Under Armour Knicks shirt for him to wear while he rehabs. And since Qureshi happens to be a championship chess player, Marbury gave him an assortment of board games, including a chess set.

As Marbury prepared to leave, he leaned back in toward Qureshi, gave him another huge hug and said a prayer. It turned into a truly magical moment when Qureshi did something that he had not been able to do since the injury lifting his arms to give a peace sign. With his family ecstatic, Marbury mouthed the word "wow" as he gave a peace sign back to Qureshi and promised that he would be his guest at a Knicks game as soon as he recovers from his injuries.
:pimp:
pimp.gif
Marbury
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD​
OUT​

Marbury is a good dude...But that being a good dude off the court doesn't make him anymore impressive on it. He's still not a guy I want my franchise built around like he's been in New York.
TEAMCOWBOYS
Winning is the only option...

"I do that...to stay closer to God."

Props to Steph.
WASHINGTON ********
Super Bowl Champions: XVII:XXII:XXVI

^^^Starbury has been doing great things with this Knicks team off but especially on the court he is stepping up as a leader, and is sure as hell not selfish or a ballhog. if anyone watches the Knicks, they would realize he is still a great scorer that can drive on anyone and has a great jumpshot, but he is looking for at least 4 other players before him because there are 3 starters around him that need the ball (Curry, Z Bo, and Crawford) and Steph does a terrific job at managing the offense. He is also working his @#%$ off to become a better defender and it has paid off. He has been nice this year so far, and seems to not have missed a beat from where he left off last season.
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD​
OUT​

I bash him as much as anyone because of his on the court game, but that's a very classy act. Props to him.
He does some very good things off the court...like when he dontated all that money to the Katrina relief effort, and selling his sig shoes for $20. I just think he's a terrible point guard and never liked the fact that we traded Jason Kidd away for him. The fact that every team he has been on has greatly improved after he left that team has nothing to do with the fact that he's a charitable person off the court that seems to genuinely care about the community.

2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

The L needs more dudes like stephon, off the court
MIAMI HEAT​
MEMPHIS TIGERS​

starbury is that dude.
TEAMCOWBOYS
Free BMXDMX​
""
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , preston parker ,andre fluellen ,tony carter,letroy guion , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball​

Quote:
As Marbury prepared to leave, he leaned back in toward Qureshi, gave him another huge hug and said a prayer. It turned into a truly magical moment when Qureshi did something that he had not been able to do since the injury lifting his arms to give a peace sign. With his family ecstatic, Marbury mouthed the word "wow" as he gave a peace sign back to Qureshi and promised that he would be his guest at a Knicks game as soon as he recovers from his injuries.
pimp.gif
:frown:
frown.gif
TEAMGIANTS|TEAMYANKEES|NYK...BASKETBALL
Team I Heart HarlemToTheBronx

Off the court he does a lot of great things like this, if you think otherwise you're blind. But this doesnt make him a leader on the court or a better player.
Code:
    NEW YORK JETS_TEAMYANKEES_New Jersey NetsI'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science.

Not surprised at all. Steph has a big heart.

I can understand what some in this thread have said about Steph's on court play, and I can't ignore it. But the Stephon Marbury of last season and most certainly this season is not the Stephon Marbury you once thought he was.
4L8O15S16T23!42​
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch​
"Please don't throw garbage at me." - Pam Beesly​

Quote:
I can understand what some in this thread have said about Steph's on court play, and I can't ignore it. But the Stephon Marbury of last season and most certainly this season is not the Stephon Marbury you once thought he was.
:lol:
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD
OUT​

My @#%$ Steph......that's messed up what happened 2 that kid though...imagine that?...... :smh:
smh.gif
~Jersey, I Rep it on the Luv Luv...~​
Another murdera, just another pranksta​
Rude boy dead cause he thought he was a gangsta​
Tried 2 live the life of a hood from the streets
Test the wrong dread, now I'm in eternal sleep​

Marbury is like Fat Joe. Good dudes but not good at their jobs. I ain't mad at both of them though.

he really isnt a bad guy...between this and the starbury sneaker project, he really is a good guy
TEAM NEW YORK RANGERS
H.LUNDQVIST M.ROSZIVAL M.MALIK B.SHANAHAN B.BETTS S.AVERY S.GOMEZ T.POCK C.DRURY P.PRUCHA C.ORR P.MARA J.STRUDWICK R.CALLAHAN R.HOLLWEG D.GIRARDI F.TYUTIN J.JAGR M.HOSSA M.STRAKA

yo man i see everyone starting to give complements on how good of a dude he is,
but still refuse to give props to his on court improvement dude is doing everything people said he should do, distribute, fall back on scoring, become more of an on court vocal leader... everything he has been criticized about he has clearly taken heed to it and working on it.
it seems like everyone is stuck on that media portrayal of duke and that portrayal isnt gonna go anywhere no matter what he does.
he just gotta win MVP or somethin for people to finally change their minds.

sorry GR8 i had to come out of the shadows. besta believe kid, i was like one of the few ppl in every thread defending this man

from WAY back since the stephen a smith show time when kidd said what he said, and steph said what he said.
u doin a better job now than I did thats why I fall back now cause its like you know what I wanna say
I was one of the VERY few with this team in my sig.
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS
Member No.3 (Word to John Starks)​
Brooklyn Stand Up

^^^TRUTH, props for that.
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD​
OUT​

This is why Steph is my favourite personality in the league.
...TEAM RAPTORS !
In Colangelo I Trust!

I won't knock on Steph's charitable work to the community, but dude still talk funny though. :lol:
laugh.gif
Zero Tolerance

Back
Top Bottom