Another shooting is South seattle

Yeah, I'm tired of this, but I'm not going to say much.

I have been noticing people who comment these stories online at komo4.com, king5.com, seattletimes.com, etc. are blaming black people, saying stuff like"almost 100% of these shootings are from black people" and other accusations toward black people. In fact, there's a story just posted onkomo4.com about Barry Saunders pleading "not guilty" and the comments pretty much bash on the black community.

Any opinions on this?

So many shootings recently and some other negative headline stories are making the image of Seattle a bad place.

Look, based on what I've read about through the past year or so, it ain't white people, Asians or Mexicans who seem to be involved in these crimes, soI'm not really sure what else there is to say. The black community can try and deflect all the bad PR they want, but it's just more running from thetruth that there is a serious problem among a select group of people in that community. A young group, at that. It's not about prejudice or racism,it's just cold hard facts. Most of these high profile crimes have ocurred in minority-populated areas, and almost all of them have involved black people.It'd be nice if the leaders of the black community would come out and say "we have a gang problem" rather than try and sugarcoat the victims byportraying them as "good kids." Clearly something is wrong and the black community continues to ignore the reality by trying to place blame on otherpeople.

Man when I was still living up their it wasn't even black people that I was afraid of; when it comes to getting shot. When I used to be at my homies'apartments, right there on Rainier past Othello, it was my own peoples I was worried about getting at me.

The ignorance of the people making the comments man...they must be from North Seattle or not from Seattle at all, because if they were from CD down to Skyway,they should know that blacks aren't the only minorities doing things.

To be honest, from what I've seen growing up in South Seattle, Asians are a lot worst when it comes to domestic violence.

SMH at my peoples.

My condolences to the family of the victims.

Originally Posted by desoIation1

Yeah, I'm tired of this, but I'm not going to say much.
I have been noticing people who comment these stories online at komo4.com, king5.com, seattletimes.com, etc. are blaming black people, saying stuff like "almost 100% of these shootings are from black people" and other accusations toward black people. In fact, there's a story just posted on komo4.com about Barry Saunders pleading "not guilty" and the comments pretty much bash on the black community.
Any opinions on this?
So many shootings recently and some other negative headline stories are making the image of Seattle a bad place.
Well it is blcak people doing the shootings?? It's black youth in gangs....

But anyway back to the topic.... it's getting crazier and crazier out there.
If/when I go to basketball games down at Garfield, Franklin, Rainier Beach coming up... I'll definitely be on the look out & be extra careful.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Look, based on what I've read about through the past year or so, it ain't white people, Asians or Mexicans who seem to be involved in these crimes, so I'm not really sure what else there is to say. The black community can try and deflect all the bad PR they want, but it's just more running from the truth that there is a serious problem among a select group of people in that community. A young group, at that. It's not about prejudice or racism, it's just cold hard facts. Most of these high profile crimes have ocurred in minority-populated areas, and almost all of them have involved black people. It'd be nice if the leaders of the black community would come out and say "we have a gang problem" rather than try and sugarcoat the victims by portraying them as "good kids." Clearly something is wrong and the black community continues to ignore the reality by trying to place blame on other people.
You make some very good points that I agree with.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Look, based on what I've read about through the past year or so, it ain't white people, Asians or Mexicans who seem to be involved in these crimes, so I'm not really sure what else there is to say. The black community can try and deflect all the bad PR they want, but it's just more running from the truth that there is a serious problem among a select group of people in that community. A young group, at that. It's not about prejudice or racism, it's just cold hard facts. Most of these high profile crimes have ocurred in minority-populated areas, and almost all of them have involved black people. It'd be nice if the leaders of the black community would come out and say "we have a gang problem" rather than try and sugarcoat the victims by portraying them as "good kids." Clearly something is wrong and the black community continues to ignore the reality by trying to place blame on other people.

I agree 100%

But this last shooting a few blocks down new holly library is a little too close to home. I was just on rainier ave today by the jack-in-the-crack and i saw abunch of squad cars and police paroling the streets by the funeral home. I saw a bunch of young hood rats in the masses hanging in front of the funernal home. didnt stay too long as i got my spicy #2 from kfc and sped out of that area.

Originally Posted by The Rat Pack Is Back

The shootings are getting out of hand in the CD and southend area. There's atleast 2 shootings a week...
smh.gif

http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/
On 12/9/08 at approximately 6:40 PM South Precinct Officers responded to several reports ofshots fired in the area of 42nd Ave. S and S Juneau St. Dispatch indicated a black SUV was chasing a white compact car. Officers arrived in the area but could not find anything. Approximately 15-20 minutes later, officers learned that East Precinctofficers were responding to HMC for 2 gunshot victims who just arrived at HMC. Those victims were uncooperative and refused to provide anyinformation. No shell casings were located in the area of 42nd and Juneau. Gang unit detectives responded to both locations.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Another one??!?

Pray for Seattle yall...pray for the rest of the country while yalls are at it. When I go back to Seattle to visit,
it's to get away from all of the %#! happening down here in Cali. Right now, down here, it's to the point where we can't hoop or put gas at certainplaces after the sun sets. Foreals.

I used to believe in "No Snitching," but it's gotten to the point where innocent kids and families are getting popped, frequently, because of"No Snitching."

and another one this morning

[h2]Report of shots fired in South Seattlehttp://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2008/12/10/report-of-shots-fired-in-south-seattle/[/h2]
http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2008/12/10/report-of-shots-fired-in-south-seattle/
On December 10th, shortly after 7:00 A.M., there were several calls to 911 from the 4600 Block of South Othello Street. The victims called in to report that a male and female fired a handgun from a vehicle in the direction of the victim's residence and vehicle, striking the victim's vehicle. There were no reported injuries. The suspects may be known to the victims. The suspects and vehicle fled before the police arrived. Officers were able to collect evidence at the scene and interview the victims. The investigation into this incident continues.

this is getting ridiculous

Originally Posted by The Rat Pack Is Back

and another one this morning

[h2]Report of shots fired in South Seattlehttp://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2008/12/10/report-of-shots-fired-in-south-seattle/[/h2]
http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2008/12/10/report-of-shots-fired-in-south-seattle/
On December 10th, shortly after 7:00 A.M., there were several calls to 911 from the 4600 Block of South Othello Street. The victims called in to report that a male and female fired a handgun from a vehicle in the direction of the victim's residence and vehicle, striking the victim's vehicle. There were no reported injuries. The suspects may be known to the victims. The suspects and vehicle fled before the police arrived. Officers were able to collect evidence at the scene and interview the victims. The investigation into this incident continues.

this is getting ridiculous

eek.gif
Gosh damn.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom