Anxiety/ Stress Thread- How do you deal with it

how do you guys deal with stress? rather it be the workplace, school or at home? Any general tips or info 

the thing about 
smokin.gif
 for me at least, was that if i was feeling good,
nthat.gif
 made me feel great, but if i was anxious/stressed, i became paranoid, so i just cut it all together...

do miss a bit it though since it has been legalized in the District too, but not at the point where i feel like i would benefit from it...

Last edited:
I cut out :pimp: myself. With how I get sometimes, wasn't for me at this stage of the game. I'll def. revisit it at some point in the future though.

I actually have started seeing a therapist for my stress and anxiety for the past 6 months. It's been a great help. You just need to find the right therapist and see if its a good fit for you. Don't keep going to one that doesn't feel right. I would recommend it to anyone who feels life is constantly getting tough for them. All people need help sometimes.

On my own though I have a routine of reading something positive in the morning like a self-help book or a book of positive quotes then I move on to specific reading for my field of study. I workout after that and that helps me get some positive momentum going which really sets the tone for the day.

There are plenty of books I have read that have helped me on the way. Please feel free to pm me if you need advice on this or anything else.

Pick up a hobby, spend time with GOOD people and surround yourself with them, volunteer, try something new in your life. Lots of ways to get out of a rut but you gotta take that first step.

Cosign on seeing a therapist. I see mine once per week and it helps.

On a smaller level if I ever need smaller help I watch/listen a lot of Bob Ross and ASMR videos at work and that helps a ton short term. :lol:

Last edited:
Learning to meditate has the unintentional effect of being capable of controlling your mental state.

Im telling you...

If you can unconsciously visualize and think about nothing for 30 minutes straight, shifting your mental state consciously outside of meditation is petty work.

Last edited:
Stress management is easy. "**** it" and carry on with my day.

Anxiety builds until I blaze or go to sleep or forget about it. I think a lot in my head. But having anxiety isn't weird or bad. Everyone has some and if they say they don't they're lying. Just realize it's just something in your head and continue on and it will pass.

Last edited:

Nah, seems dope though.

If I lived in a city that had one of those chambers available I'd try it ASAP.
i just found a place that does it 2 blocks from my office...

not cheap tho, $90 for 90 min float...
ohwell.gif
, but maybe the experience/piece if mind is worth the cost 

Last edited:
I cut out :pimp: myself. With how I get sometimes, wasn't for me at this stage of the game. I'll def. revisit it at some point in the future though.

I actually have started seeing a therapist for my stress and anxiety for the past 6 months. It's been a great help. You just need to find the right therapist and see if its a good fit for you. Don't keep going to one that doesn't feel right. I would recommend it to anyone who feels life is constantly getting tough for them. All people need help sometimes.

On my own though I have a routine of reading something positive in the morning like a self-help book or a book of positive quotes then I move on to specific reading for my field of study. I workout after that and that helps me get some positive momentum going which really sets the tone for the day.

There are plenty of books I have read that have helped me on the way. Please feel free to pm me if you need advice on this or anything else.

Pick up a hobby, spend time with GOOD people and surround yourself with them, volunteer, try something new in your life. Lots of ways to get out of a rut but you gotta take that first step.

Cosign on seeing a therapist. I see mine once per week and it helps.

On a smaller level if I ever need smaller help I watch/listen a lot of Bob Ross and ASMR videos at work and that helps a ton short term. :lol:

To what degree would you say the therapy helps though?

I've always been intrigued by the potential of therapy for various reasons. Don't you need to go to a doctor first to get a referral? That's the assumption I've been under, but I don't necessarily trust the idea of having a doctor refer me to one of his cohorts.

My stress pisses me off, which just adds to my stress. Goddammit! :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom