Any Actors on NT? Possible Acting Thread

I think I remember seeing you on multiple episodes. Excellent work sir. Do you really run a 4.4?

Nah a 4 flat... They slowed the video's so the cops didn't look that pathetic when I out ran their ***... Hollywood magic.

Has anyone had a role on a TV show/commerical/movie? Interested to hear your experience in casting and whole process in general.
Have you ever taken an acting class, or did Theatre when you were in school? I have a few struggle musician friends who've found better luck acting, one got a recurring part on OITNB and another gets used as an extra on sitcoms from time to time. I don't think they actually went thru any casting process, because they had a pre-existing network from their music background. The 1st one had a distinct look and unique speech, while the 2nd participated in several plays when she was in high school.

But yeah, acting class once to twice a week is probably the best bet, it's just important to be 100% serious and put in as much time outside of class (practice monologues, cold reads etc). Alot of dudes get distracted and use it as an outlet for partying (most classes are heavily female, with a good percentage being dimepieces).

Besides that, I'd try to get your swag up by any means necessary to the point you leave an impression on everyone you meet - the biggest opportunities tend to present themselves outside of formal environments.

Have you ever taken an acting class, or did Theatre when you were in school? I have a few struggle musician friends who've found better luck acting, one got a recurring part on OITNB and another gets used as an extra on sitcoms from time to time. I don't think they actually went thru any casting process, because they had a pre-existing network from their music background. The 1st one had a distinct look and unique speech, while the 2nd participated in several plays when she was in high school.

But yeah, acting class once to twice a week is probably the best bet, it's just important to be 100% serious and put in as much time outside of class (practice monologues, cold reads etc). Alot of dudes get distracted and use it as an outlet for partying (most classes are heavily female, with a good percentage being dimepieces).

Besides that, I'd try to get your swag up by any means necessary to the point you leave an impression on everyone you meet - the biggest opportunities tend to present themselves outside of formal environments.
I'm actually not looking to become an actor, I know a few people who are trying and was just curious.

Interesting as I've always heard about people being discovered randomly, always wanted to take some acting classes for fun.

You know the answer to this one. One word. FOAMPOSITES.

I'm actually not looking to become an actor, I know a few people who are trying and was just curious.

Interesting as I've always heard about people being discovered randomly, always wanted to take some acting classes for fun.
The good thing for male actors is there's a window of 10-15 years to develop, while on the other hand a female realistically has 1000-1500 days to make it happen before she starts getting doors slammed in her face/treated like a homeless person :x

If I recall, there was an NT'er who got a part in a Tyler Perry movie because of his YouTube fame. One of my homies Karim Metwaly has also gotten a couple host/personality gigs on TV Shows from having viral videos.

I was on an episode of Cops, I played black man getting harassed for nothing...

Most people on that show look drunk or high.

My brother's friend moved to LA to become an actor. I dunno if he took classes but he was an extra in a few tv shows. Somehow he ended up being friends with some pronstars. Last I heard he moved back here and was working at Buffalo Wild Wings.

I'm not an actor but i've worked with a lot of actors of different ages/experience and so if you want a director's perspective on acting/actors, i'd love to answer any questions

My boy just moved to New York from Massachusetts to book acting gigs and network within the city. He lives in Harlem right now. He's getting a 9-5 to support his lifestyle while booking auditions.

The good thing for male actors is there's a window of 10-15 years to develop, while on the other hand a female realistically has 1000-1500 days to make it happen before she starts getting doors slammed in her face/treated like a homeless person
sick.gif

If I recall, there was an NT'er who got a part in a Tyler Perry movie because of his YouTube fame. One of my homies Karim Metwaly has also gotten a couple host/personality gigs on TV Shows from having viral videos.
True, no real time limit for male actors. Will check out Karim's stuff.

Anyone in NYC recommend any places for classes?

I'm not an actor but i've worked with a lot of actors of different ages/experience and so if you want a director's perspective on acting/actors, i'd love to answer any questions
Do you work with a casting director, or do you typically cast the actors yourself?

My first movie I ever did was some film festival movie it did get picked up and is on ITunes. I didn't see a dime for my first movie. All my lines got cut but you can see me in multiple scenes.

If anyone needs a stuntman hit me up.

My first movie I ever did was some film festival movie it did get picked up and is on ITunes. I didn't see a dime for my first movie. All my lines got cut but you can see me in multiple scenes.

If anyone needs a stuntman hit me up.

What's your imdb?

If you want to be an actor you better have thick skin.

Do acting here in Norcal. Did some extra work for "Murder in the First" camera actually landed on me which was cool. Did a film based on a book written by James Franco's mom produced by a 3rd brother Tom Franco, role isn't big but for me this one is about the networking for sure. I also do voice acting as well

Got some things in the pipeline for sure. Just gotta stay patient and keep shooting my shot

Back
Top Bottom