any air traffic control workers or experience in that field? i have a quick question

a quick question regarding drug testing (Marijuana) , considering an opportunity for a job in that field and was wondering if you knew if the testing was a 1 time thing during hiring or something that is done on a regular type basis?

it's possible bro, airports prolly differ. A friend of mine got a job doing that stuff and made bank and got really cheap flights, and was a really big weed head... looks like your situation

good luck, you will love life if you get the job

I had a quick look at the FAA website who seem to oversee Air Traffic as well and they have a random drug testing program for all employees - which makes sense. You could cause all sorts of carnage by screwing up flight paths.

As someone who flies regularly, I hope they don't hire you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

A friend of mine got a job doing that stuff and made bank and got really cheap flights, and was a really big weed head.

Which airport? I'm not trying to fly through somewhere where my plane is directed by someone who might forget who he's talking to
ohwell.gif

Looks like ill be driving a lot more, a weed head directing air traffic control...Thats worse then G Bush running a country

Regular checks according to my friend who's a traffic controller . That job require a lot of pressure too.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Why don't you just grow up and stop smoking weed in order to prevent from jeopardizing your future career?

This.

Can't believe dude is seriously trying to figure out if his potential career (and a well paying one at that) will ruin his marijuana habit...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Seriously, if you don't know where your priorities lay, then I HOPE/WISH/PRAY that you DON'T get the job.

People with drugs habits should NOT be given the responsibility of managing complex situations where thousands of lives are at stake every hour+

I would hope they drug tested regularly.

I hear that being an Air Traffic Controller is one of the most stressful jobs you can have.

look at this dude. wants a to make sure a potential job doesn't interfere with his habit

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Why don't you just grow up and stop smoking weed in order to prevent from jeopardizing your future career?

laugh.gif
 simple but true.

It wastes potential space on the first page if the OP probably never even updated us himself to let us know if he got the job. Also, how does lol add to this thread?
potential space for what?

Why can't you just click the next page of threads?

Back
Top Bottom