Any architects or contractors? Need help with a ~1500sqft 3br/2ba plan

So I've been looking at homes the last few weeks and found one I really like, but it has carpet and I want hardwood and a few other upgrades so I talked to the builder and he said since they have 120 lots out there, said we'll just custom build me one by duplicating the plan plus getting me my upgrades. So I asked through the realtor for a copy of the plan so I can see it and also tweak on it some (want to see how I can make the bedroom 2 and 3 bigger) but she said he was being really adamant about not doing that. I guess he is scared I will take his plan and have someone else build it, which seems like a dumb fear since it's just a floor plan and not something particularly innovative or exclusive.

Anyways, can anyone look at these pics and tell what plan this is or a name of a style similar? Basically you walk in and great room is straight ahead, kitchen is to the left passed the living room with an island,  master in the back right and has it's own bath obviously, to the right of the front door you have the garage entry and utility room, then bedroom 2 and 3 and a full bath adjacent. This particular plan is smaller at like 1350 sq/ft though so it's probably like 36ft wide and 37ft back, something like that.

Or someone post their house if it's similar.
lb2a42143-m0x.jpg

lb2a42143-m3x.jpg

lb2a42143-m8x.jpg

lb2a42143-m9x.jpg

What exactly are you asking and do you want? Someone to do the work for you? And you seriously, with no experience or even general idea of what you're talking about, think you're gonna just take a builder's plans and modify them?

I'll give you some answers but you need to really discuss the process in detail with the builder if you like that development and he's in charge. If he's willing to custom-build a home for you (realize that this is likely gonna cost more that any spec house), you can first look through eplans.com, floorplans.com, etc. If you know the general dimensions of the house and what the lots can accommodate, you'll be able to narrow down options. Print some out that look appealing to you based on architecture and layout and see what the builder can do. It's a single-level house that can sometimes simply be referred to as a ranch style but there are a ton of variations and that picture could even be called a bungalow style house.

laugh.gif
at people still *****ing a whole month later. I'm not a mod. If a post was locked it was because someone who is and has the authority to do so felt that was the right course of action. Take your disputes up with that person, staff@niketalk.com Send them an email. Holding an e grudge is all types of feminine. Admit it, deal with it, correct it.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

I guess he is scared I will take his plan and have someone else build it, which seems like a dumb fear since it's just a floor plan and not something particularly innovative or exclusive.

It's not dumb bro. At some point in time somebody created that design, as bland as it might be, that design was still paid for. How would you like somebody stealing your design?

If you want ideas how about going to http://www.houseplanguys.com/ and look at all their designs, then if you get some good ideas grab a pad of grid paper and sketch out what you want. That way it's custom to you and all you need to do is take it to somebody to properly draw up and then take it to a builder.

That's perfect scars. Those 2 links will be a good start for me. That's exactly what I was looking for. And honestly, yes, I don't think it's that difficult. Knowing the lot size and overall dimensions of what I want, I basically wanted to take the same plan and make it like 2 feet wider because standing in the 2nd and 3rd room, they seemed small plus seeing it on paper would give me an exact number so I could know what will and won't fit in them. They felt like 8x9 and 10x12 or something like that

And given the amount of profit he stands to make, let's not act like he's some super chivalrious dude doing me a favor. In fact in this market, it's the opposite and you figure they'd be more accommodating since they love custom builds since you already have a buyer. That way he doesn't have to deal with having it on the market potentially for months costing easily 1000+ a month with keeping the grass watered, keeping the utilities on, keeping the landscaping up, etc.

Maybe he'd be willing to sit down with me and go over this but that hasn't been the indication I'm getting. She (the realtor who is acting an an intermediary) is making it sound like he wants me to just get the exact same house, with just the minimumest of changes (all of which I'm being upcharged for anyways) being the hardwood.

If it continues to be this difficult, then yes I can easily go with another builder.

Just so you know, construction is not typically as easy as moving a couple walls around, especially if you're talking about foundation and expanding the footprint of the house. Based on the size of the lot, there will likely be restrictions on just how wide it can be/the setbacks. You said there are 120 lots, where the hell is this? It sounds like if you want one of those lots, that's the builder and it won't be as simple as just going with another one so you need to use discretion with how you approach the situation.

So I've been looking at homes the last few weeks and found one I really like, but it has carpet and I want hardwood and a few other upgrades so I talked to the builder and he said since they have 120 lots out there, said we'll just custom build me one by duplicating the plan plus getting me my upgrades. So I asked through the realtor for a copy of the plan so I can see it and also tweak on it some (want to see how I can make the bedroom 2 and 3 bigger) but she said he was being really adamant about not doing that. I guess he is scared I will take his plan and have someone else build it, which seems like a dumb fear since it's just a floor plan and not something particularly innovative or exclusive.
Its tract housing. The builder isn't going to modify the floor plan.

It's a divison on the south side of Lawton, Oklahoma that is finally expanding like a million acres of empty space between it and Park Ridge. I don't think HE has those lots, just that they have been platted. In fact I'm fairly sure he doesn't own all of them because he was talking about how some builders out of OKC are about to come in and start building an their work is inferior. The 1 time I did meet him we did talk about lot size and width and getting a bigger lot and the upcharge associated with that, and the upcharge associated with every upgrade I wanted (2k for the sprinkler system, 1.5 for hardwood instead of frieze carpet, a few more if I get a bigger lot or like a lot capable of having a bigger house on it, etc.). Dude just wants to keep throwing up his cookie cutter 3 or 4 plans even though he still has a crapton sitting there unsold now. That said, the lots can easily fit bigger houses on it, that's not the issue. It's single story 1650ish ones out there now he's putting up and again the one I'm looking at now is about 1350.

It is literally as simple as me wanting to see it on paper and seeing where, or what we can do to get some more square footage in the auxillary bedrooms. But again, if I had to go with someone else, it's not like I couldn't still get what I wanted. Basically open kitchen with the island, big master off the back, are the 2 things I like about it most.

It might all be a moot point anyways since he;s being such a %#@!. There's another neighborhood called Dove Creek or the Highlands which are a bit more expensive but might be worth the extra to get into.

Here's the lots he's talking about though. These 2 neighborhoods are going to connect.

b4j5ag.jpg

I finally found some graph paper and this was much easier than I was making it. Those sites were very helpful too though

since this thread is here, can anyone here do the "title 24" for a room addition? Name your price if you can.

I finally found some graph paper and this was much easier than I was making it. Those sites were very helpful too though
you sound like a mad irritating dude, not just from this post but the whole thread

do ya thing

Yea how dare I attempt to get what I want out in a custom build that I intend to live in and something that's going to be 100s of 1000s of dollars and I'll be paying for for ~30yrs. I should just settle.
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom